2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
If you are iffy on this combo may I suggest time spent elsewhere. I was signing with VW before PD changed the Manu times to slots I couldn't make. This season I would have a chance at a few so signed and since this was supposed to be a META combo for me I entered. Even practiced for only the second or third time.

Entered door 5, qualify p5 with a fairly solid lap. Could have been better, but it'll do. For the race we close in early and ending lap 1 or swerves in front of me right at the braking zone for the final turn. I was already braking and end up bumping them wide. I guess that was the end of it. The polesitter was a BMW, now followed by 2 VWs a d an RCZ, with me in one of the VWs. The BMW loses out and clips a wall so the three of us run clear and have a 1.5 second lead by turn 1 lap 3.

That was as good as it got. Those 2 decided to battle constantly the whole lap. I'm trying to give them space or anything, but they block the whole track and all the turns. By lap 4 we have been caught. I get passed aggressively by a jag, but no big deal as it turned out they were on softs. The other 2 still just creating chaos everywhere. Eventually people just start sending it. Launching the inside on the final turn, I get sent all the way to the wall as someone makes it 3 wide there by creating a new inside lane after we already had the 2 inside lines. Get a dive on me turn 1 and get pushed to the gravel.

But it settles down and I'm cruising p7 by lap 15. Not great, but if it settles I'll take it. Nope. I make a rubbish run through the esses and rub the wall, allowing someone to catch me. They then push me wide on exit of the final turn the next lap, leaving me a sitting suck down the straights, it happens a few more times no matter how much I try to block the inside.

Then I'm down to p10 and go dumb and get 🤬 angry. 2 of them including Mr. Roadblock RCZ from earlier screw up in the esses and I try to get past. Nope bad move.:dunce: i get side slammed into the wall massively. Major damage for most of the straightaway. Finished somewhere p16 or so. Who cares.

It was a garbage race with garbage drivers I never want to race with again. There were clean moments but the whole thing was just so messy and aggressive that I'm probably out of Manu if the next rounds are like this as well.

I want to race, not play wreckfest.

Enough whiny grumbling. I hope you all get better lobbies than me and the wall monster doesn't call your name.

I'm a one and done as well.

Qualified poorly in the Evo down in 16th (Messed up the final turn on my second flyer which might have netted me 12th).

Had a solid race overall dragging the Evo up to as high as 10th going into the final lap despite a couple of penalties for contact (thought the 2 second one was a bit harsh, but I did tag the rear of the other car pretty hard despite him not losing any places).

Found the tyre wear wasn't too bad for my no stop strategy, although my brake settings certainly caused concern at Turn 1 on the opening lap as I entered it drifting trying to avoid the car ahead.

Cue the final 2 laps, I dive under the Mercedes I was battling for 10th place, get to the apex cleanly only for him to turn into me (we were both no stopping, and I think his tyres were worse off than mine given the lines he was taking). He tries to bump and run on me at Turn 1, I avoid it as he goes past, only for me to retake the place on acceleration, we get back to the final turn and he straight up drills the rear of my car, sending me into the wall and down to 12th.

No penalty for him and he lays claim that I did it to him the lap prior.

[Edit] Replay now attached below. The incident I mentioned in the post above starts at 26min:30.

Last edited:
I'm heavily debating whether or not I'm going to bother with this one. Sounds like it's been a hectic race for a number of your guys, and I'm already not strong here (Q time is bottom half of B, usually I'm in top 30% or so according to GTBlade) and I don't really like the circuit. I managed a 4th place at Le Sarthe last week, so might just live with that one for this batch of races...

Looks like PD are clamping down on multi-accounts this morning and giving out 4 month bans:

One of these were banned last year for the same thing too...

Is this for people using two accounts for FIA races? Or just two accounts in general??

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like just FIA for now (I'm not sure whether the rules are different for dailies or just not enforced). These two are high profile top split players so will be affecting the star player/world tour qualifying.

That makes sense.

I translated and read through the guy from Spain's comments. Have to be honest, given his reasons for why he did it and the fact he doesn't seem to be remorseful about it, a 4 month ban is too lenient.

That makes sense.

I translated and read through the guy from Spain's comments. Have to be honest, given his reasons for why he did it and the fact he doesn't seem to be remorseful about it, a 4 month ban is too lenient.

Read through that as well. Not saying what he did was right. But for someone at that level, hoping to make it to the top 16.

I kinda understand. For many of us, it doesn't really matter how strong a manufacturer will perform in the other regions. At that level. Picking the wrong manufacturer, means missing out, not because you lack the skill, but simply by being with the wrong manu.

None the less, be intrigued to see if they dish out further bans.

It looks like just FIA for now (I'm not sure whether the rules are different for dailies or just not enforced). These two are high profile top split players so will be affecting the star player/world tour qualifying.
I won't panic then. I'm a low-ranked B driver, only use my alt account to run dailies, and only use my primary account for FIA at the moment.

Read through that as well. Not saying what he did was right. But for someone at that level, hoping to make it to the top 16.

I kinda understand. For many of us, it doesn't really matter how strong a manufacturer will perform in the other regions. At that level. Picking the wrong manufacturer, means missing out, not because you lack the skill, but simply by being with the wrong manu.

Perhaps they'll look at tweaking the World Tour Finals then so every manufacturer is represented and not just the top 10.

That's how it should be. The same 3 driver system but every manufacturer is on the final grid. That way the top drivers all have a chance to pick what car they actually like to drive vs what they think will be top 16.

I'd take it 1 step further, in the sense of make it the top 2 drivers from each manufacturer during the previous FIA season and 1 wildcard lower ranked driver from within that manufacturer (from DR B and C). The top 2 drivers would fight it out in a shared drive. The wildcards would have a race of the same length amoungst themselves. And then a third race where all 3 drivers share the car in an Endurance format race.

All three races count for points. Highest points total after 3 races wins the title.

For a bit more context here is the same player's post from last year:

Can't say that's an excuse to do what he did though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heavily debating whether or not I'm going to bother with this one. Sounds like it's been a hectic race for a number of your guys, and I'm already not strong here (Q time is bottom half of B, usually I'm in top 30% or so according to GTBlade) and I don't really like the circuit. I managed a 4th place at Le Sarthe last week, so might just live with that one for this batch of races...

Is this for people using two accounts for FIA races? Or just two accounts in general??

FIA races. There's a specific rule in all the championship series - Nations, Manu, Toyota, Olympic - that forbid the use of multiple accounts in the series. There's nothing in the TOS for GTS (and therefore the dailies) against using multiple accounts online, generally speaking.

FIA races. There's a specific rule in all the championship series - Nations, Manu, Toyota, Olympic - that forbid the use of multiple accounts in the series. There's nothing in the TOS for GTS (and therefore the dailies) against using multiple accounts online, generally speaking.
If they expanded the multiple account ban to dailies too, I expect that it would exclude just about every driver in the top half a dozen splits.

To be fair it sounds like last year was a somewhat genuine mistake, and not doing anything to gain an unfair advantage (arguably).

But to use two accounts again this year having been banned last year for exactly that is pretty stupid.

Fully agree. First offence, seemed more a case of rectifying a bad choice, but ultimately ran one account.

But repeat offending isn't the smartest move on his part.

Manufacturers - Sardegna Gr.4 2: Same Combo, Different Day

I went into Sardegna feeling optimistic about my pace, with prior experience from the exhibition race as well as some pointers from TPC_Slow_Captain.

Race 1 got off to a poor start when I hit the wall through the esses while 2 tenths up on my banker lap, costing me a potential 2nd on the grid and putting me to 8th. The race itself was no better, as I speared off at the final hairpin on cold tyres and dirty air, before going off again at the same corner and ending any hope of a good finish. Things went from bad to worse as I slammed into the walls at the esses again, before losing control into Turn 1 and torpedoing an unlucky Aston I was trailing. I threw my hands up in defeat and let him pass, dropping down to finish 15th.

Race 2

EaUUdCy.jpg

Strategy: No stop

Since this was a copy paste of the exhibition race, I ran the same livery I used for the exhibition.

I tried to run a lap under slipstream, but my horrific pace under slipstream/dirty air and inability to handle understeer meant that I was actually faster on my own, posting a time half a second faster than my slipstream lap. That time was good for 6th on the grid and was slightly slower than my exhibition qualifying time.

In the race itself, I was able to briefly take 5th off a BMW with a dive into turn 1, but I promptly ran wide at turn 4 and fell behind the BMW again.

t1zCTtQ.jpg

However, I had a second shot at 5th when the Viper up ahead was clearly struggling on its Hards, allowing me to retake 5th at the final corner.
X7TP8CR.jpg

I was able to hold 5th away from the midfield pack for a while, before a NSX behind was able to work his way through the pack and pass me into turn 1.
Pg78hMB.jpg

From there, I fell into no man's land as the NSX pulled away and the pack behind fought each other. I spent the second half of the race doing my own thing, until I noticed that 7th was gaining on me suspiciously quickly. I was able to sight my hunter in my mirror out of the final corner: a Subaru. And just as I spotted the Subaru, he promptly pulled into the pits to switch from Softs to Hards, putting himself out of contention.

With the new 7th place about a good 4 seconds behind, I relaxed and focused on getting the car home. Then to my surprise, the NSX that had passed me for 5th pulled into the pits too. For whatever reason, the NSX had been running on MEDIUMS. Despite the fact that he could have used the Softs instead to try and mitigate the pit loss as much as possible.

And with that, I cruised home to claim 5th for 164 points, my best score in the FIA races to date.
dzZZTbz.jpg
8wRR3SI.jpg
zUQlBrW.jpg

For some reason, I got a CRB despite clearly having all 4 tyres on the grass when I ran wide at turn 4. As for the Subaru and Honda that I encountered, they finished 18th (started 8th) and 16th (started 9th) respectively. The 1 stop really is not worth it.

Last edited:
I agree. A change is needed. Even his change to Lambo would do him no good as we are relying on the America's and Asia/Oceania for a place. Lambo is doing poorly in EMEA.

If they expanded the multiple account ban to dailies too, I expect that it would exclude just about every driver in the top half a dozen splits.
I wish there was a way to ban alt accounts in general. I know there isn't a feasible way. The only realistic way I can think is scanning your driving license or ID as proof, but that will NEVER happen.

To me, Alt Accounts seem like they're just for massaging ones ego more than anything. Running in a lower lobby to do better... Especially for dailies, it doesn't work quite as well in FIA due to the points given out, but some will still like the wins.
Taking a hit and falling (DR reductions in this case) are part and parcel of racing, and in fact sport in general. YouTubers also use ALTs a lot of the time in order to make "great content" where they're pulling off last to first wins, crazy overtakes, or yeah just generally some carnage. All to boost their engagement figures. They couldn't make that content on their normal accounts because of the skill gap - there in lies the issue, getting "false" wins because you'e in a lower skill lobby than you should be. I'm sure the lower rated players don't actually want an actual A+ driver in their lobby, taking what could be their win. I actually prefer watching league racing vids on YouTube though tbh, for that reason - the skill level is higher and the racing is of a better quality.

I wish there was a way to ban alt accounts in general. I know there isn't a feasible way. The only realistic way I can think is scanning your driving license or ID as proof, but that will NEVER happen.

To me, Alt Accounts seem like they're just for massaging ones ego more than anything. Running in a lower lobby to do better... Especially for dailies, it doesn't work quite as well in FIA due to the points given out, but some will still like the wins.
Taking a hit and falling (DR reductions in this case) are part and parcel of racing, and in fact sport in general. YouTubers also use ALTs a lot of the time in order to make "great content" where they're pulling off last to first wins, crazy overtakes, or yeah just generally some carnage. All to boost their engagement figures. They couldn't make that content on their normal accounts because of the skill gap - there in lies the issue, getting "false" wins because you'e in a lower skill lobby than you should be. I'm sure the lower rated players don't actually want an actual A+ driver in their lobby, taking what could be their win. I actually prefer watching league racing vids on YouTube though tbh, for that reason - the skill level is higher and the racing is of a better quality.

Well, I can see how that would be frustrating. But I guess it boils down to how you use your alt accounts.

There are many who simply use those alt accounts to find easier opponents.

Personally, I have alt account. All at the same DR/SR. I just use them for different things.

I enjoy the dailies (at my level) so I have an account I use on that. But they can be pretty rough, depending on the lobbies you're in.

I have a FIA account. That I leveled up to my level (currently 37K) but now only use to run the FIA.

If they are well used and not an attempt to work the system. I see no reason to ban them.

Back