2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
My last Nations was "under expectations" - a grey race with no emotions.

My qualifying is coming to be a big issue. My first lap is wasted to the traffic, and the second lap... the same (but is the traffic a problem or is my driving abilities the problem? I think the second...)

P13... I start quite well, and gain 2 positions. Well? No because at the Haethorn Bend my enter is slower that the driver after me and the hit my rear... I miss the line, 2 wheels go on the grass and I lost 4 positions! The 2 second penalty did'n have effect.

I know that P15 is not my real value, and With some free street in front of me I can go faster.
I need some laps ( 2 or 3?) to be in close contact with a small group of cars, the slipstream help me, and I can stress the other drivers. They fight for the leadership of this mod, one go out at the Paddock hill bend, the pack slow down. I can pass one car after the Druids, now I'm 12th.
I drove defending the position, and after a did well clack curve I can attack at the paddock hill, I take the internal kerb, and overpass my opponent.
Now left few laps to the end and I can drive without scares because after me the pack is under fights, and they drove slowly than me.

P11 at the end... few point to the championship, and - 80DP (argh!!!!)

now the "oval" with the GR3! I don't Know nothing about this kind of race... I saw "days of thunder" some years ago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Thunder). It is enough?

Are people thinking 1 stop or 2 for BMB? I’m getting about 8 laps out of mediums before they drop off but I’m not sure I can get them to 10 or 11.
You'll only get 9 laps with the fuel and that might be risking it, I'm working on 8 and doing 5 with the hards. Some will probably try 6/6/1 or some config of that. But I'd say those were the 2 options, which is better depends on how you drive, but I don't think you loose too much in the pits maybe someone has a better idea about that.

You'll only get 9 laps with the fuel and that might be risking it, I'm working on 8 and doing 5 with the hards. Some will probably try 6/6/1 or some config of that. But I'd say those were the 2 options, which is better depends on how you drive, but I don't think you loose too much in the pits maybe someone has a better idea about that.

I'll probably do the 1 stop. Medium tyres can be pushed for about 10 laps, hard tyre comfortably gets through 15 laps.

Fuel doesn't seem to be a great concern. May be running on fumes by the last lap.

Could be wrong, but not the biggest difference between the two tyres, especially since there are only 3 "corners".

Risk of 2 stopping, would be falling behind a pack that is doing a 1 stop, cause chances of catching them aren't the greatest.

Last edited:
Nations on Saturday ended up being slightly frustrating, decent quali, was in with a shout of the podium but was pushed wide at Sheene and that was that. I probably should've defended a lot better so can't complain too much but in the end another mediocre result, though it was still my best Nations score of the season so far.

I'll probably do the 1 stop. Medium tyres can be pushed for about 10 laps, hard tyre comfortably gets through 15 laps.

Fuel doesn't seem to be a great concern. May be running on fumes by the last lap.

Could be wrong, but not the biggest difference between the two tyres, especially since there are only 3 "corners".

Risk of 2 stopping, would be falling behind a pack that is doing a 1 stop, cause chances of catching them aren't the greatest.
I think you're both talking about 2 different races here... :lol:

Our worst Stage yet this season. I'm pretty bad when it comes to qualifying, and this season single shots attempt is not helping either. and i don't know whats going one with practice sessions and race session, i'm always 3 sec faster in practice and once in lobby I can't get those practice time to save my life. -_-
Anyway our best shot this round

Go for a one stop with mediums both stints, you can pull out a one minute lead, I believe in you
I'm dropped down to A/B. No disrespect to all the A/B ranked players(I'm noone special).
tenor (2).gif

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to the BMB race. It's by far my most successful track in Sport Mode. I'm hoping it'll be my best points haul of the season. I wish I was high enough in the standings to have a realistic shot at the Top 16, because this is about the only race where I could actually (probably) keep up with the aliens.

Nations - Integra Spec Race

Saturday was a mixed bag.

Race 1 - Started 13th. During the race, my compatriot messed up Hawthorns and was driving slowly into Westfield. I take the inside into Westfield and got turned in on, taking a 1 second penalty from my traitorous countryman. The penalty dumped me down to 15th, but I fought back up to 13th. On the final lap, car #6 gets past me at Surtees. I tuck into his slipstream to try and retake 13th, but I braked too late into Hawthorns and sent #6 into the Shadow Realm, sending him down to 16th and me down to 14th via 3 second penalty. I apologised to him afterwards, but my SR got dropped to 87 from the collisions.

Race 2 - Race 2 became a practice race after my dented SR put me into an all D/S lobby. The results of matching an A driver to D drivers were... predictable.
UNaWGOc.jpg

To 2nd place's credit, he was 0.7 seconds off my time of 1:49 in qualifying and finished 5.3 seconds behind me with fastest lap.

Race 3 -

q159mDq.jpg

I started 8th and got up to 6th, but tyre wear got the better of me and I ended up dropping back down to 8th for 106 points. Not great, but decent.

aV6Dnmo.jpg
TGvugAv.jpg

My replay of race 3 got corrupted, so I had to take pictures from the other two races:
YlWWnR1.jpg
bHhA3Av.jpg
zdDlPbp.jpg

I'm not expecting anything great from this week, since I can't hold slipstream to save my life in Manufacturer and Bathurst just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Go for a one stop with mediums both stints, you can pull out a one minute lead, I believe in you

I almost tried that last night. I was behind equus, we pulled out a 1.9 sec gap on the field by lap 15. I ran 15 laps on the RM. Pitted and accidentally put RM back on. Had to pit last lap for the RH, only managed a 3 second gap so I finished 5th. Mission failed.

Last edited:
Sorry. Quick question, not sure if it has come up before, is there somewhere you could find a "global" manufacturer standing?

Not the mere, in game, regional ranking, but a compiled list of all the drivers for a given manufacturer, globally?

Be interesting to see who the quicker drivers for any given manu are.

Sorry. Quick question, not sure if it has come up before, is there somewhere you could find a "global" manufacturer standing?

Not the mere, in game, regional ranking, but a compiled list of all the drivers for a given manufacturer, globally?

Be interesting to see who the quicker drivers for any given manu are.
https://gtsh-rank.com/index.php?view=article&layout=edit&id=7

and https://gtsport.r1s3.net/championships (visual sort only but can see all times and which mfr)

Last edited:
As I said the other day....if everyone plays nicely and doesn’t do what this Aston driver did in my lobby race then it can be fun :lol:

That said, the guy I crushed against the wall worked with me bump drafting and we caught back up and I ended up winning. Just proves if you play this race properly, anyone can win! :)

See...when you say anyone can win, it also means that anyone can lose. :crazy:

I don't like those kind of odds! :lol:

Back