2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Nations Race at the Nurburgring

After reading about the dynamics of the races in Asia and Europe earlier in the day, and after running my personal fastest lap with the Porsche 996, debated switching plans to run the GT40 and instead trust the Porsche to be a better race car.

But the Porsche was just too squishy for me, and I really felt confident in the Ford. So threw the white/black livery on it, and entered the first slot. Got door #2, darn it, but was just hoping for a positive result and some fun.

Was surprised to see a bunch of Miatas in the field, but the rest was mostly the mix of Toyotas and GTs that I expected, along with only one 996.

Was grateful that I was released for the qualifying lap second, only behind a guy in an SFR that I know is pretty quick, so I managed a gap to him on the out lap, thinking it would be safe to qualify with just him in front of me. But some moron in another GT40 had to pass me at the end of Dottinger, just as I was set up for a nice clear run. And of course, he and the SFR tangled in the first sector, where the speed differences put them right on top of each other until contact slowed the Toyota until he was then holding me up. And then I got a track limits penalty trying to ride his bumper safely, costing me another second or so. The guy causing the trouble of course earned pole, with the clear track ahead of him.

Qualified 6th as a result, when I would have likely been top-3 without the shenanigans. Why can't people respect the gap in qualifying?!? especially at a track like this?

Then the idiot causing trouble in the qualifying lap proceeded to bin it into the gravel on the first lap, just before the bridge. Of course. And so then with dirty tires, he held up a few going into the Foxhole, until he was then on mine and another guy's bumpers causing more trouble for the rest of the long two laps.

Including when he nearly pushed me into the gravel, which would have ended any prayer of a worthwhile finish, just after the last flugplatz in the back... thank god for the great brakes on the GT and my awareness, as I clamped down and kept it just out of the gravel. He was good enough to yield there and apologized after, but man, apologies don't pay FIA or DR points.

I eventually got past him on lap two, when he had to serve an inevitable penalty, allowing me to earn 5th place for the race. Nearly caught a Toyota heading into the last turns, but couldn't get an overlap to try the pass, and wanted to respect the guy after never seeing him until after Dottinger.

Happy with the result. Earned what may become useful FIA points before it's over, nudged the DR up to a new high, earned a CRB and also Fastest Lap.... and enjoyed the challenge. Surprised to see my best FP lap still in the top 100, too, so feeling good about my pace. Too tired to run the alt, though, as it takes so much concentration. Would love to run another car, though, just out of curiosity.

Good luck to everyone else. Love that track. Fun combo, on sports tires and in N-class cars!

1629941093532.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to have done a race with a fun car my I got too late and only did a single race in slot three. My Ferrari F50, one of my favs from the 90s, the perfect opportunity to have some fun with it and some Megumin decals to give me luck. I think I had pace for something like 8:05.x (optimal lap without mistakes), but made a couple of small mistakes. Somehow, I qualified 10th with a 8.15. Door 10, lower As with some high Bs.

On this race I saw something which I cannot expected. One of the most dirtiest drivers from this DR making a trouble free, clean race. Even saying sorry for other driver after a small contact. Anyway, in the race, my first lap was good, despite a small mistake which costed me some positions. Other ahead made even more mistakes and I found myself at 7th, very close of 6th. Knowing my straight speed advantage, I didn't make a move on SF until he ran wide in a corner and I got the position. Opened a good 3s gap going to the last twist section of the track. Lost 2s but it was fine, I had the speed advantage... until in the last corner before the last straight, I made an amateur mistake and he closed the gap very quickly. Drama in the last section, but thanks to F50 good speed, I managed to open a small gap and hold until the line. With a disconnection from someone ahead, I finished 5th and overall, a solid race despite some small mistakes. Survived the green hell for the first time.

My advice?

Use what you are most comfortable with. I tested the GT40 and the 996 and could not get a clean lap with them. I was most confident with the SR-F and it showed. I was door 20 and started P1 (8.00.xxx) and kept it from lights to flag.

There is no way that happens in the other cars…..

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Not a lot to report, which is sometimes a good thing.

Lined up in Q3, behind 2 GT's and made up a spot before the start line and never really looked back. Might have pushed on to the win, but didn't want to risk it all, and finished 1.5 seconds behind the winner.

Decent points, 1200 DR and a fun race overall.

*EDIT - need to give a shout out to @KosmoKazi because if I didn't see his time on my friends leaderboard using the Porsche, I never would have thought to use it. I'm one of those guys who doesn't think you should be able to use non N300 cars in a N300 race and would have probably used the SF-R. Thanks! :gtpflag:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210825220933.jpg

Last edited:
It was weird qualifying in our split. I went out probably 5 seconds behind 05xr8 and we were a long way after most of the field. He ran slow on the out lap and I caught him at Fuchsrohre. I wasn’t going anywhere near flying pace, but I kept catching cars that had gone off, had penalties or were SF-Rs on straights. I had no sooner passed someone than the next car was only a second ahead and running onto the grass or missing a braking point. Even after I had overtaken 10 cars and entered my flying lap at least 2 seconds behind the S-FR I had caught him by the time we reached Metzgesfeld. From memory, the difference in qualy between 2nd and 17th was around 30 seconds.

For such a long track it seemed way too easy to end up in a pack. I think whenever you went out you were likely to be faced with navigating around a slower car.
Exactly that. When it were four of us still in the pits, I started out. An S-FR did the same. I quit and reset myself to go out. Huge gap to the cars ahead. Then, I can see on the map, they're going slow.
That red M3 went off. I was going to pass the two S-FRs and then the tight sections were coming. Saw your driver same behind in the distance and slowed right down.

By the time we're heading up the mountain, I was going to pass, but the S-FRs were moving a bit faster and I wasn't going to risk a collision. The M3 caught us at the Karussell with a penalty and I let it go. From there, the S-FRs pulled away and I'm stick behind the M3 as I mentioned in the previous post. Really frustrating.
The last F50 was probably a minute behind and still caught that M3 on the qualy lap.

Slot 1: As expected I was car #20 in Top Split, and started and finished 18th. I would've finished 20th if 2 people ahead of me hadn't quit...

Slot 2: Qualified 13th and finished 12th. No issues, just lacking speed in Top Split again.

Slot 3: Top Split still of course, but much more depleted, with the win worth 255 points. Of course, with this being my final attempt of the night, and my best chance to get good points with only a handful of aliens to contend with, I drove like an utter moron in qualifying, giving myself a half-second penalty and running off track at least 4 times. Somehow this was still good enough for 9th, but I probably could've started in the Top 5 had I just driven like I'd done the 2 previous slots. It looked like I would finish 8th until someone near the front messed up the final few corners and I was able to drive around the outside of them at the final corner for 7th while they were trying to crawl back up to speed (they were in a GT40 of course). I was less than 1.5s off of 6th, which likely would've been mine if I'd managed to avoid being an idiot in qualifying. That would've also given me over 200 points for the evening, but as it stands I got 191, which likely won't count anyway.

ETA: I used the S-FR for all 3 slots.

Last edited:
Eventually got the GT40 into the Boeing 7:47 range (more precisely a 7:47.794), so even at 62K DR I was optimistic about getting one or two good EMEA races this evening.

17:00 Nations
Joined @Hasnain282 who I had the pleasure of practicing with during test lobbies; he was one of four starters in the 996. Didn't see as many S-FRs as I was expecting (maximum of three), and was pleasantly surprised to find an F50 somewhere on the matchmaking screen. One of the Fords dropped out during the warm-up, so only 19 cars took part here.

For qualifying, I decided to set brake balance to -5 on my out lap in an attempt to preserve my tyres before switching to -3 for the main run. Felt the lap was scrappier in places, but was very surprised to find myself not far off my FP pace with a 7:48.864 (11th, 4 seconds off the pole-sitting GT40). For comparison, my best qualifying lap in testing was a 7:51, so that was a major improvement I could be proud of.

Now, the majority of the top 10 was filled out by GT40s, and part of me thought during the race build-up that the lethargic first gear might help close the field up and boost my chance to gain places. Sadly, I was among the cars starting on the hill at Antoniusbuche, which put me at a disadvantage against Hasnain whose 996 was able to surge forward easily. Effectively, the grid was split into two, and since I gingerly made my way through the final complex to avoid going onto the grass, there was instant pressure from behind courtesy of the #13 GT40. The #13 eventually got a faster run through Schwedenkreuz, and given the Nordschleife's nature I felt it was best that I let him take the place.

Followed the #13 around with the prospect of catching up to Hasnain, but lost ground and was slipstreamed up Antoniusbuche by the #20 Porsche. An incident between Hasnain and the #13 gave us the opportunity, however, to close up to the pair to form what was becoming a close fight for 10th. Lurked around the back of the #13 and #20 as they fought and the latter picked up a track limits penalty just before Wehrsifen. Another slide off the road at the Schwalbenschwanz forced the #20 out of the picture, and an incident for the #11 Gulf GT40 loses him a ton of momentum. Was on course to regain 11th and had the tow on the #13 which gave me a chance to attempt one last pass.

Moved to the outside just after Tiergarten, with the #13 taking up the centre of the track and, without me realising it, my right-rear wheel partially over the grass. That was enough to pitch the car into the barriers just as I was lifting off to avoid hitting the #13, and the excursion left me with less grip to make it through the final three corners. Two-second penalty for track limits which put me behind the Gulf car as well as the #15 and #20 Porsches on the timing sheets. Otherwise a solid midfield run and surprisingly undramatic up until that point....

View attachment 1076544

Intrigued by the pace Hasnain and the other Porsches had, I next tried setting an FP time in the 996 to see how I would get on with it compared to the GT40. Made a few attempts where I messed up in the first two sectors, and even if I hadn't I could tell from my previous ghost times that the race-bred GT40 still looked - and felt - more agile and responsive. No change of vehicle, then, for the next attempts.

18:20 Nations
Met @GR33N in matchmaking as car #6, but got disconnected before I had a chance to enter the lobby. No effects on my score or driver rankings from the previous slot (144 points, 61,990 DR).

Used some of the spare time to rest, start on this write-up and set a new personal best FP time of 7:46.392 despite getting out of shape through Sectors 8 and 9. Felt there were still another few tenths left to gain, but as that lap was set just before matchmaking, there wasn't a further opportunity to investigate before the 19:40...

19:40 Nations
...where I happened to be drawn as the #1 seed. Curiously, only 19 cars appeared in the matchmaking screen, which included three DR A drivers (against a mostly A+ field), two F50s, two S-FRs and a solitary 996. Went through the same process on my out lap in qualifying as the 17:00, but ended up with a much scrappier lap including an off approaching Adenauer Forst which I somehow managed to recover from. Still circulated round in a 7:50.239 which would've put me further towards the back in a higher DR split, but fortunately was still worth 5th place with pole only being a 7:47.851. Top 4 places all filled out by Fords.

Problem was that one of the F50s (the Swedish #14 car) was starting right behind me, and with its shorter lower gears surged past effortlessly before we got to the pit straight. His joy was short-lived, however, as he touched the grass and spun between Schwedenkreuz and Aremberg... seconds after the #18 GT40 goes off himself. The Moses effect literally unfolded as I almost missed my braking entirely, and up into 4th we went. Next up was the #8 Rothmans GT40 who himself was recovering from an off at Aremberg as well. Add in a 1-second penalty for the red #11 running in 2nd, and a podium finish suddenly seemed to be in reach.

It was a tough balancing act hounding the #8 while holding off the recovering #18 at the same time, but somehow, I managed it. Would have had a chance to slipstream past the #8 through Döttinger Höhe, but remembered what happened in the 17:00 and stuck to his exhaust pipes from that moment on. Got the move done on the final uphill run with the #18 also following through, though not without a small tap under braking which shot me forward through Hohenrain. Got the car under control, however, and lead the formation home in 2nd.

View attachment 1076545

View attachment 1076541

View attachment 1076543

Out of all the things I thought could happen in Nations Cup tonight, a second podium finish of the main season and another DR boost (now approaching 63K) were what I was least expecting. It also happens to be my best Nations score of the entire year so far, five points more than my Group C victory at Blue Moon Bay back in March, and only one point shy of my 2nd place at Spa in Manufacturers Season 1. Even if it was in a lower DR split with a handful of A-ranked drivers in the mix, I'm more than happy taking this result home. Which is good, because I was starting to feel during the second lap that I had enough, anyway....
Good job, impressive pace you had there.

I was away from the TV while slot 2 was loading, when I came back we were only 10 left in the lobby :embarrassed:
Absolute robbery to get 200+ points (I finished 8th so not last yeah!) with the pace I had in this round. I'd have needed 2-3 more sessions to really learn the track and be able to drive with confidence... But you can't refuse a gift, can you?

The last 4 races should be better for me. Maybe :P

I have a strange relationship with Brands Hatch. Whenever I have raced there in the past my qualifying times have been less than impressive. However, I seem to constantly find my race pace is very competitive.

I am hoping this trend is repeatable because I am currently well off the pace in qualifying. Even when I feel like the Vantage has been quick I cross the line to find I’m nowhere near the top times.

So Nordschliefe......... not my best track, particularly the section from the carousel to the long straight. If I try to go 100%.................crash! so I basically try to keep it around 80-90%, keep it on track and let attrition do its thing for me. Tested a few cars, I actually really liked the Ford GT40, just had to get used to inducing a lot of yaw like the top guys were doing.

Slot 1: Jinxed @GTWolverine and we wound up in top split. Good qualifying lap. I was actually happy with that. Unfortunately because aliens it was only good for 15th. Race was relatively clean, letting the faster guys go by without fighting too much and loosing time, until the last lap on the mini carousel, just induced too much yaw going in and around she went. Then on the final corner I get some weird phantom penalty I didn't even see until the race result thing scrolled down, dropping me to 17th. But oddly when the race recap popped up it said I had no penalty :confused:. W.e. that didn't ruin my race, me going off did.

Between the long intermission I decided to go play Pokémon Unite to get my mind off what happened in slot 1.

Slot 2: A depleted Slot 1 Top split, 2nd split and maybe 3rd split? I tried to baby the tires but I let them get too cold. I think it hampered me the first few sectors but the lap was ok. Started 9th but I had teammates right in front of me (including everyone's fan favorite lol). Ironically they got a penalty even before taking the green lap 😂 . Just minding my Ps and Qs attrition and penalties did its thing. I climbed up to 6th and judging by the people in the lobby that was as high as I was going to get. I think that's a job done as the Brits say. 233 points in the bag that I shall use as emergency funds!

*EDIT - need to give a shout out to @KosmoKazi because if I didn't see his time on my friends leaderboard using the Porsche, I never would have thought to use it. I'm one of those guys who doesn't think you should be able to use non N300 cars in a N300 race and would have probably used the SF-R. Thanks! :gtpflag:

View attachment 1076580
Always fun trying to beat your times at the Ring. Almost had you this time, finally, but you are hard to top at that track for sure. Nice result. I actually raced the GT though I was a shade quicker in the Porsche, it was just a lot more work for a little more speed, and a lot easier to lose the rear (starting with losing the front first, weirdly) so I went the safer route.

Last edited:
So Nordschliefe......... not my best track, particularly the section from the carousel to the long straight. If I try to go 100%.................crash! so I basically try to keep it around 80-90%, keep it on track and let attrition do its thing for me. Tested a few cars, I actually really liked the Ford GT40, just had to get used to inducing a lot of yaw like the top guys were doing.

Slot 1: Jinxed @GTWolverine and we wound up in top split. Good qualifying lap. I was actually happy with that. Unfortunately because aliens it was only good for 15th. Race was relatively clean, letting the faster guys go by without fighting too much and loosing time, until the last lap on the mini carousel, just induced too much yaw going in and around she went. Then on the final corner I get some weird phantom penalty I didn't even see until the race result thing scrolled down, dropping me to 17th. But oddly when the race recap popped up it said I had no penalty :confused:. W.e. that didn't ruin my race, me going off did.

Between the long intermission I decided to go play Pokémon Unite to get my mind off what happened in slot 1.

Slot 2: A depleted Slot 1 Top split, 2nd split and maybe 3rd split? I tried to baby the tires but I let them get too cold. I think it hampered me the first few sectors but the lap was ok. Started 9th but I had teammates right in front of me (including everyone's fan favorite lol). Ironically they got a penalty even before taking the green lap 😂 . Just minding my Ps and Qs attrition and penalties did its thing. I climbed up to 6th and judging by the people in the lobby that was as high as I was going to get. I think that's a job done as the Brits say. 233 points in the bag that I shall use as emergency funds!

Don't worry you didn't jinx us. :lol: It's an inevitability in our region once you get your DR near or over 60k.

Thinking about it, too bad I had not enough time to try other cars. Today made a test run with some, just for fun. I really liked the Miata Roadster. Even managed a flat 8:00, which I got very surprised. I would have choose it if the event was today.

I would appreciate if Polyphony bring to us more races like this one. This n300/n500 tiers have plenty of interesting combos and the Nations Cup needs that. No point in having gr.3 or gr.4 races since there is a cup for that already. And this remembers me something. GT sport lacks a long track. Only the good old green hell. A fictional one like...Fujimi Kaido, would be nice.

Thinking about it, too bad I had not enough time to try other cars. Today made a test run with some, just for fun. I really liked the Miata Roadster. Even managed a flat 8:00, which I got very surprised. I would have choose it if the event was today.

I would appreciate if Polyphony bring to us more races like this one. This n300/n500 tiers have plenty of interesting combos and the Nations Cup needs that. No point in having gr.3 or gr.4 races since there is a cup for that already. And this remembers me something. GT sport lacks a long track. Only the good old green hell. A fictional one like...Fujimi Kaido, would be nice.
Evanstown?

Preferably not too many. There is only so much space in my brain for remembering which way the next corners go.

I tried the "Miata" or MX5 or whatever you want to call it and it as OK, but slower than the fast cars for me. But that was a really good, fun race. Long tracks would be nice, even if it was a few more about the 5M like Le Mans, but not too many. Something like the 37M TT track would be awesome if it's actually drivable for cars. What we really need though is longer events!!!! 2 laps of Green Hell isn't enough and having to do 2 laps for quali is just stupid. 3 or 4 lap race and just start midway on straight with say 10 secs between players, miss your slot you start at back.

I would also want some additional 20+ km tracks in GT7. Assetto Corsa has spoiled me on this one.

Regarding the Nurburgring Nations Cup, it was surprisingly fun with NA cars fitted with sports tyres. At first I thought the race would just be some empty, hot lapping considering how narrow the track is. The two races I had were quite enjoyable, 4 cars following each other with less than 2 seconds' gap.

During the closing stages of my final race, a yellow flag showed up. Someone went wide in Brunnchen. Not sure if it's just me but when someone makes an error, the car following behind has a tendency to do the same (maybe from getting distracted?)
With that I was able to easily power my F50 over the slowed S-FR on the twisty straight before the 2nd carousel where a 996 went off-track. Final overtake on Dottinger against another S-FR, pulling almost a 1s gap.

Though that was severly cut down in the final corners as I tried playing it safe, coasting on 3rd to 2nd gear approaching the final two corners. The S-FR was now behind me but thanks to the narrow layout the the 'Ring, not much space to overtake and so finished 7th. With that said I gained like 4 positions in the final minute.

Hope to see more races like these. Who knows, a 200% BOP Raptor might turn into a meta one day 👌

Last edited:
Just got done with my lobby. Nothing fantastic. Had been off for some reason so went on not really feeling it.
Qualified p18 after making mistakes on all 3 laps when I should have known better. Oh well. Long race.
Get bumped all over at the start while trying to be patient and make clean passes. I have the speed to get by, but there is lots of blocking, swerve braking and just driving with zero respect to the other drivers while not actually punting them clean off. Lap 4 I screw up and knock a driver deep at Druids. Lose all my spots giving them their spot back so now p20.

Work my way to some clean laps then look to pit lap 12. Someone who pitted earlier is running up behind me. I put my turn signal on and pull to the right to show I'm pitting. They still try to go inside and then push me off. Manage to pit and work my way up a but just over it by then. Finish p16.

Could easily have been a lot higher. Honestly fed up with the driving standards of late and probably looking to take a break from FIA. After a bad faily I can run another one. With the FIA it is a large time investment for the night, and not worth the bad level of driving I get 2 out of 3 FIA races these days. Seen some others have good races so here's to hoping you all get the better lobbies.

Used my Wife's B/S account. Pole to win. Watching/listening to today's GT3 Free practice at Brands Hatch. Announcer is saying it's best to qualify in the first few positions as being anywhere else will be hard work.

Went out midpack with a bit of pace. Couple cars went off and a couple let me pass. Started my flier in clean air.
Set Pole and kept going around. Caught the tail of a GT-R and stayed behind. Wasn't going to pass. Just wanted to gauge how the tyres would fall off.

Race start. I'll have to watch the replay. P2 in the C7 fell behind and another AMG jumped up. Lead grew to 10 seconds before pits stop at half distance.
Overfilled. Came out in P3, directly behind the AMG. An RSR moved up to P1. Both pit next lap.
Lead grew to 30 seconds at the finish.

Numb finger, all race, was my highlight, while listening to commentary about Brands Hatch not really having any straights to rest.

Slot 1 was a fiasco. I earned about 5 positions in the opening lap from other drivers' errors and collisions. However I acknowledge that this track together with the Audi R8 isn't a good combo for me and I couldn't produce fast laps compared to the majority.

With that I was partially holding the other cars behind me. After a couple of laps someone didn't have the patience anymore to try some clean overtaking and pushed me really bad... I felt so frustrated throughout the race which lead to additional personal errors.

Thank goodness Slot 2, composed almost entirely of B/S players, went well. None of us incurred any penalty at the end of the race except for one who had a red S sportsmanship. Just some clean racing and consistent laps landed me to 14th, same as my quali position. Hopefully the same clean lobby would continue for the latter races tonight.

Well ready to go, but haven't done too much testing on tyres so going to try +3 and hope. Lap times seem to be about my level so might do well. Lap 1 was OK, but not good and 2nd was so bad I didn't get a 3rd. Q8 so could be worse. Passed 2 early and 1 just after pit stops so ended up 5th. Going to go again as I think no fuel might be possible and the tyres might be good enough to no stop??

Well that was a fun race, qualified poorly in Q13 in what was a very tight session. During the race I managed to keep my nose clean and made up spaces as others went into the gravel. Lap 7 and I got stuck behind a V12 Vantage for a few laps until I made a move stick into druids on lap 9. Pitted on lap 11 and had a clean and uneventful second half of the race to eventually come home in P6 for 131 points.

This was always going to be a race that showed promise for me. A track I like and the car is good around here.
However whilst the car is good around here and practice allowed me to throw it around well the race was a different matter. I had identified Paddock Hill and Sheene as the danger corners. Surprisingly the car was calm through Surtees.

Set an alright qualy lap and it was good for provisional P2. I was purple in S2 so I knew I had some pace. My 2nd lap was better but others knocked me down to 6th.
The first half of the race was good. It was a case of keep her on the track and that is what I did. I got up to P2 through passes and others having drama. I settled in about 3 seconds behind P1. I came in on lap 12 and I hate this pit entry. I glanced the red and white barriers. Luckily I didn't spin but was at an odd angle which lost me some 5 seconds at least. I came back out in 7th and ahead were people who had yet to stop. I got past one but another was loosing me time as I had to wait for the right opportunity. Unfortunately we both had a slide through Sheene. I held it but unfortunately tapped the Porsche and he went around. Clumsy but nothing I could do. I was now being chased by a German and it was through Sheene the next lap that the car finally snapped. Around she went and of course ended up facing the wrong way. I lost two places. However once the car goes once it is on a slippery slope then as the tyres just get worse. I was constantly fighting the car from then to the end which leeched me places. One person tried around the outside through Clark and I understeered and slightly tapped them forcing me into another spin. I crossed the line very angry with myself in P12. So from the promise of P2 to P12 as the car got steadily worse. I love driving this car but she can be a 🤬 sometimes. Mostly a clean race except one eager brush aside from a Croatian at Clark. But by then I was 5 seconds a lap slower due to the twitchy car so he would have had me anyway, but still...
I was so annoyed I forgot to take a picture of my results screen.

Last edited:
6B58DA57-0CC1-4803-8079-78873DFD5899.jpeg

Pleased with result but could have been higher if I saved a little more fuel (and not been hit off track).
Started 5th and was into 4th by the hairpin as the car in front couldn’t handle cold tires. Into 3rd soon after as someone went off. Had a 2.5 second lead over Hyundai behind by the time we pitted lap 12. He came out in front thanks to saving more fuel. Next lap, Hyundai gets slow exit out of final turn and I go to pass and get barged off. Couldn’t catch back up again so finished 4th.

Incident:

Last edited:
Not a bad result for me.

Brands is one of those tracks I'm either on fire or struggling for pace. Tonight was the later as I was well off what I know I'm capable of and started a lowly 16th.

Thankfully my race pace matched my qualifying pace and a large portion of the fields pace dropped back to match mine in the race.

Crossed the line in a creditable 9th and had a few nice battles along the way.

Back