2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Managed to pull out a stonking quali lap (by my standards) and put myself P4 on the grid. Had a poor first couple of laps but luckily the Honda behind decided to stick behind and follow me else I would've been swallowed by the pack. Pitted lap 7 and was sort of out on my own for most of the 2nd stint. The Honda that was behind me pitted a lap later than me and was much quicker so I didn't fight him much. We were both closing in on P3 at the end but probably needed another lap.
In the end it was P5 which was a lot better than I was expecting after seeing some of the names in the lobby
17bf968e781-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_417786081129149_1631976879410.jpg
17bf9690e16-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_417786082588114_1631976885109.jpg
17bf96933cb-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_417786084302000_1631976891804.jpg

Last edited:
Had a quick go at this race.

Qualified in 12th. I gave myself a couple of secs to the guy ahead, but he made a mess of the lap and ended up blocking me quite a bit, but hey that's life.

Race went ok, picked up a couple of positions as it went on but didn't realise how much fuel I was burning. I was short shifting, but not enough in the Beetle, so had to take some fuel at the pit at the mid point. Managed to work myself up to the back of a couple of guys on the last lap, and thought I was going to get one of them as he was slow of the big hairpin, but he took offense to my trying to overtake so I ended up getting shoved off the track a couple of times. Ended up 7th though as he ran out of fuel :lol:

Shame people still race like this, but the rest of the race was fun. Good luck all :)

Had a quick go at this race.

Qualified in 12th. I gave myself a couple of secs to the guy ahead, but he made a mess of the lap and ended up blocking me quite a bit, but hey that's life.

Race went ok, picked up a couple of positions as it went on but didn't realise how much fuel I was burning. I was short shifting, but not enough in the Beetle, so had to take some fuel at the pit at the mid point. Managed to work myself up to the back of a couple of guys on the last lap, and thought I was going to get one of them as he was slow of the big hairpin, but he took offense to my trying to overtake so I ended up getting shoved off the track a couple of times. Ended up 7th though as he ran out of fuel :lol:

Shame people still race like this, but the rest of the race was fun. Good luck all :)

I literally just raced that Renault in the 16:20. Suffice to say he did barge a few others off behind me without any consequences, but eventually got undone by a few spins of his own making.

Going into this, I was having trouble finding the right BB settings as more negative bias seemed to eat up the front tyres faster. But now I've done the 16:20, I think I've figured those out should I decide to go again.

More on that later...

Last edited:
Door 3 and met @Seth_Logan in the race. Surprised he was below me ratingswise.

I set a decent lap of a 55.805 to go third after the first runs. I muck up my second lap and stay third thankfully.
First lap I am cautious on cold tyres and the BMW behind doesn't care. I see them spin out of the first hairpin. Us top 3 pull away by 2 seconds. I seem to catch in the first sector but not in the last. I then make my first mistake. I get on the power too early at Big Banky Boi. I run into the gravel but thankfully do not spin. I loose a few places. Then at the downhill hairpin the car goes as I turn in. It felt like I was hit but there was no-one there. I end up in the barrier and I have to reverse out. Still not quite last.
With the spin my rear tyres are starting to go and each lap feels like ice until I pit on lap 7. I have used less fuel than some so gain a place or two. However I am still an easy target because I cannot push 100% and am barged out of the way for 2 places. I then run into the same gravel again. I swear I didn't make any new tyre marks. An Audi (which has the same issues as I) pits for a 2nd time and I cross the line 14th for more binned points.
20210918_154718.jpg

I am looking forward to Fuji next week. The Gr4 should be good there and hopefully I can get a new 4th score for the final round.

I wish this had been a Soft/medium race. Would have made the opening stint better on my tyres and add some extra strategy in. This was just a deathtrap for the Lambo. Great 1 lap pace, poor race pace. At least in my hands.
Looks like Seth had a somewhat easier time than me.

B85F0318-DC9F-4E6C-A72E-BF465C1ABF19.jpeg

That was a fun close race. Qualified 5th and the front 5 of us pulled out a little gap from the field behind. I had got into 4th by the time people started pitting. I passed 2 cars in front with 2 or 3 laps to go as my tires must have been in slightly better condition. Was nice and clean from everyone which made a nice change.

CD185525-6EB8-48F4-BA8A-5928F5B1DB6F.jpeg

Door 3 and met @Seth_Logan in the race. Surprised he was below me ratingswise.

I set a decent lap of a 55.805 to go third after the first runs. I muck up my second lap and stay third thankfully.
First lap I am cautious on cold tyres and the BMW behind doesn't care. I see them spin out of the first hairpin. Us top 3 pull away by 2 seconds. I seem to catch in the first sector but not in the last. I then make my first mistake. I get on the power too early at Big Banky Boi. I run into the gravel but thankfully do not spin. I loose a few places. Then at the downhill hairpin the car goes as I turn in. It felt like I was hit but there was no-one there. I end up in the barrier and I have to reverse out. Still not quite last.
With the spin my rear tyres are starting to go and each lap feels like ice until I pit on lap 7. I have used less fuel than some so gain a place or two. However I am still an easy target because I cannot push 100% and am barged out of the way for 2 places. I then run into the same gravel again. I swear I didn't make any new tyre marks. An Audi (which has the same issues as I) pits for a 2nd time and I cross the line 14th for more binned points.
View attachment 1081301
I am looking forward to Fuji next week. The Gr4 should be good there and hopefully I can get a new 4th score for the final round.

I wish this had been a Soft/medium race. Would have made the opening stint better on my tyres and add some extra strategy in. This was just a deathtrap for the Lambo. Great 1 lap pace, poor race pace. At least in my hands.
Looks like Seth had a somewhat easier time than me.
Well, the story told by OJ is similar to mine only I didn't bite the gravel on my own accord, that was someone else's doing. I could have ended higher this race, but because I hadn't practiced at all (2nd CoVid vaccine made me sick), the chances of ending higher than 9th were slim in my view. So I'm happy with 9th. And didn’t go again.

@OJBrit I'm not ranked higher since the one or two attempts at driving Dailies (to grind my way to A) ended in disaster with me more often than not punted in the gravel/grass/wall whichever is appropriate. I switched to league driving. So it will take longer to go from B to A now. But I’m loving the community feel. I encourage you all to take a look at their discord.
Cheers,

Seth

Q16 after two poor runs.
P11, made up space on the opening laps and had a decent battle for the second half of the race. May have also driven into the back of Belgian in a 911 who was being mega aggressive making moves and shoveling people out the way. Not that happy with the level of racecraft on that lobby either. One and done, forgot to save the replay like an idiot aswell. Last Manufacturers round for me as the Gr4 car is effectively useless.

I honestly, felt the same way about the SLS for a long time after a BOP a couple years ago. The car has surprised me recently, at a few Daily Bathurst and one Daily Fuji Race. As long as Fuji have no Sciroccos and RCZs, it should be competitive. ;) The car turns really well, has good fuel economy and good on its tyres. So less stress worrying about that. It’s the getting up to top Speed that’s a bit of a worry. However, the next race is 20 laps and allow RS, with no mandatory tyre. Should at the least be interesting to see where I qualify.

With today's runs on the GP circuit, my 2021 Manufacturers campaign has come full circle. The first outing at Lago Maggiore in Gr.4 showed that the 4WD Subarus had excellent traction and handling on the West configuration, but at the cost of added tyre wear and low straight-line speed. Expected more of the same in Gr.3, but initially struggled with fuel management and forward brake bias settings which lead to Scrappy drinking more petrol and eating more rubber than I would've liked him to.

Was more encouraged by my practice pace upon watching @Hasnain282 and @Tidgney's streams, which suggested that my fastest lap and total race times would have been enough to finish somewhere in the top 10 under ideal circumstances. Good to see @Mohamed30_ and our French teammate (who would also end up in both of my attempts) get into the top 10 in the process! :)

16:20 Manufacturers
The 16:20, my 558th race overall in Sport Mode, started off with plenty of promise. Qualified 9th on a 1:53.692 despite going a little wide through Turn 2, with the next four cars in front all just over five-hundredths in front. Really close session with the top 14 players separated by under a second.

First few laps of the race were challenging as it didn't take long for me to get involved in the midfield squabble. Coming out of Turn 4, the Italian GT-R (car #3) loses it and slams into my driver's door, allowing the #19 Porsche and a few others to start battling and queueing up from behind. Switched brake balance from -2 to -1 as I wanted to see how much of a difference a less front-biased setting would make to the WRX. Received another biff from the GT-R as he tries to shut the door on the #17 Lexus going into Turn 15, and had to back out of Turn 17 to give the #17 enough space. Lost up to 6 places through additional squabbles involving the #18 Beetle, the #2 Aston and #20 Renault, while switching over to zero brake balance to mitigate understeer.

On Lap 5, I repass the #20 at Turn 5, my tyres and fuel level already in much better shape than in testing. Spent the remainder of the first stint following the blue #11 Mercedes and #17 Lexus around while saving enough fuel to avoid a top-up. Re-joined the field in 12th once Wifi Password in the red Alfa served a very late stop. During the last 3-4 laps, a retirement for the #12 Toyota promoted me to 11th, while I was already lapping at a pace consistent enough to reel in the #19 Porsche and #3 Nissan. The Nissan, struggling massively on heavily-degraded Softs, touches the grass and spins under braking for Turn 5, handing me a solid 10th.

Caught up with the #13 Hyundai in the final couple of sectors and nearly snatched 9th as a result of his scrap with the #19. Drew alongside the #19 for the final run from Turn 13, but didn't have enough momentum despite revving it to the max and completely emptying the tank.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210918170655.png

Certainly not enough points to increase my overall total, but a solid drive and a worthwhile recovery after the earlier in-fighting. The #19 driver didn't seem too happy about me afterwards, though I'm not sure whether it was to do with my pass on him at Turn 5 or the fact that I managed to catch up to him despite the earlier setback.

In testing, the fastest total time I managed to set in racing conditions was a 29:17.644. This would've put me around 6.2 seconds behind the winning Supra and would've probably bagged me 4th under the most ideal circumstances. It was with this in mind that I felt ready to have a second try, and in most respects it felt like another good race in the making...

19:00 Manufacturers
240th start in the FIA Championship Series. Again ranked 4th alongside my French teammate (door #6) and Wifi Password, again had a trouble-free qualifying session where I lined up 8th with a 1:53.766. That was already an improvement despite the slower lap time.

Despite the threat of a Belgian Viper lurking right behind, I was able to make a clean getaway and briefly took advantage of the Italian GT-R (door #8) almost throwing it off on the exit of Turn 4... again. The GT-R soon breezed back past on the crest before Turn 7, but this was not a major issue for me as I was already taking the opportunity to save fuel behind the #11 Beetle. Same brake balance adjustments, same methodical drive in the first stint, with a fastest lap (1:54.753) only under three-tenths off the green #9 Ford GT who had started in 2nd.

Settled back in 9th by virtue of the #3 BMW M6 who was recovering from a 1-second penalty, which became 8th following Wifi Password's late stop on Lap 10. Further on, the M6 suddenly decided to back out before Turn 6, which opened the door for me to hold 7th for a while as the #10 Toyota FT-1 (plunging all the way down from 3rd) and #13 Jaguar entered the fray. The #10 gave me a bump draft on the run to Turn 11, but this only allowed the #13 to steam past the pair of us within the last two sectors of that lap. This, I thought, worked out nicely, as now I had the Jaguar's tow and thus could potentially break away from the FT-1 and the next cluster of cars following behind.

A couple of laps later, we catch up to the #9 Ford which the Jag breezes past easily. That wouldn't be much of a problem following him, either, until we end up mixing in with my teammate who leapt up the order on a no-stop. At Turn 5, the Ford steps out and I rev it to the max to try and sweep around the outside. That doesn't work, and moments later it begins devolving into dodgems as I receive another bump draft from the FT-1, and the Ford brakes much earlier than I expect on the approach into Turn 11. Penultimate lap, and the FT-1 tries to leapfrog around the outside of me going into Turn 1. Forced to take the wide line through Turn 2, I somehow manage to squeeze my way back in front with a few rubs and a tight approach for Turn 3.

But by then, the next three cars had caught up to our little train - an AMG Mercedes (#17), a McLaren (#1) and the M6 from earlier. The very last thing I needed at this crucial phase, which was about to get really, really physical.

More bumping and barging over the downhill crest. Very early braking from the Ford resulting in me hitting him again before Turn 11. Accidentally squeezing the FT-1 into the gravel despite taking the inner Turn 11 apex for a clean getaway. Separate nudges from the McLaren and the #17 Mercedes which push me down to 10th with three sectors to go. The train for 6th grows to eight cars with Wifi Password bringing up the rear. Had the inside of the Ford going into Turn 14, so I went for it. Forced my way back up for 9th and drew along the inside of my squirming teammate for the final corner. Was all set to make one last pass for position...

...unaware that the McLaren and my teammate both wanted to take the apex together! Had to take avoiding action by cutting across the white line, which slapped me with a 1-second penalty and thereby sent me to the back of the train in 13th. The saddest thing about it was that this hold-up allowed me to get a run on my teammate for 8th on the road. Whether or not that would've constituted 'gaining an advantage' in real life is anyone's guess. At the very least, it could've been worse had Wifi Password not speared off into the tyres at Turn 16.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210918194610.png

Had set to make a third run in the 20:20, but got disconnected before the lobby screen. Apparently, only ten players made the start according to the BMW driver who was grouped with me for this and the 19:00. Most of those also looked to be very high-level drivers which would've made decent points-scoring rather difficult. Gutted, but at the same time relieved that I didn't have to put myself through another Brands-type scenario this time.

A solid pair of Top 10 challenges bookended by pack brawls and a fatal last-lap mistake. I think there was potential to score more decent points in the 16:20 had I scraped a few extra hundredths in qualifying, or in the 19:00 had I not been jumped by my teammate or had a little extra horsepower to get past the Ford at the earliest opportunity. But considering how much I struggled on the straights, and how much I struggled with tyre management in testing, I'm happy with my pace here. It's just unfortunate that the results of the 19:00 don't reflect on Scrappy's performance in the 80% where it seemed like a clean finish was certain.

Last edited:
FIA Manufacturers Round 9
Gr3 at Lago Maggiore GP

Never really can get the handle on this track, and I had a feeling the Porsche was at a pace disadvantage, so was not expecting a lot. Despite a good Nations season, I've struggled a bit off and on in the Manufacturers Cup races, and as the season winds down, my expectations are as well. Was matched in lobby with @Odiesback (and thankfully not the omnipresent IOTW).

Made the dumb mistake of going wide in the last right-hander in Sector 3 on my qualifying lap, nullifying it and also rendering my second and last hot lap pointless. So... started DFL. Not a great start to this tough combo. But I know my race pace is usually good, and that I can manage the fuel and tires in the RSR better than what many will, so tried to keep my chin up and shoot for a top 10.

Got pinned behind a dirty VW for much of the first stint, who was at times sparring with a slightly less dirty Subaru, but managed to get by and then put a big gap on them both before the midway point. Pitted for tires in 10th after a few had started to pit already, and came out in 14th, until the pit cycle was done. Worked up to 11th, then 10th after a final late pitstop by one guy, and had about 5 seconds in front and behind me. Was on track for no fuel issues in the slightly throttled Porsche.

But as my tires wore, I was losing ground to that late pit stopper, and he was going to catch me on the last lap, no matter what I could do. Was preparing for a fight to keep that targeted top-10 spot, when coming off the Big Banky Boi, there was a few cars ghosted ahead, from some skirmish or something...

The NSX that was hounding me was now all over me, we split a Viper that had been ghosting but of course decided to unghost as we approached, and had a donnybrook of a battle, the three of us through the last sector.

Having gained a few spots from those ghosts, which I assume were running out of fuel, but lost to the charging NSX, I was thrilled to have climbed up to 8th place, from dead last starting position, with a CRB, a handful of DR, and useful FIA points after all. Especially since I am not fast on Softs, and this track continues to vex me. NEVER GIVE UP!

Door #4 / Qualified: 20th / Race: 8th / about 300 DR / 136 FIA points

1632003915145.png

Last edited:
So, I attempted a dangerous strategy that almost didn't work.

After holding provisional pole for most of the qualifying, I ended up 5th. Which suited me because in the Nissan I needed to fuel save a fair bit, so sitting in someone's draft was ideal.

17bf8ac70df-7ca3508DDB03F5E6399.6E38AE85F2876421_message_417782172344316_1631961610719.jpg

I sat behind them for most of the first stint, making sure my fuel numbers were looked after so I could push without worry later on.

The dangerous bit was I was the first driver to pit in, stopping at the end of lap 6. This was either going to be the undercut of the century, or the Nissan was going to be so hopelessly slow at the end of the race that I may as well kiss a decent spot goodbye.

A stroke of dumb luck saw literally everyone else except for one pit the following lap, and I emerged 3rd, so the undercut had already gained me two spots, technically three as the leader pitted the next lap and was never seen again.

With fuel no longer an issue, the focus shifted to smooth driving and taking care of the softs. The opposition, on fresher tyres, naturally wanted to fight so I had to do some mild defense.

Meanwhile the new leader made a run for it and put a significant margin on all of us. In those closing laps it was apparent the Nissan was no longer on the pace, but nobody could make a decisive move on me that stuck.

Eventually a Ford GT got up alongside me and we duelled for 2nd and 3rd. But by the time we reached the finish we were credited with 1st and 2nd!!

The leader, for reasons beyond me, had parked up on the finish line and surrendered his 10+ second lead.

17bf8ac599b-7ca3508DDB03F5E6399.6E38AE85F2876421_message_417782168637308_1631961596239.jpg

I have no idea why, why would you do all that only to throw it away at the end, but hey I'm not complaining!! Thus wrapped up one of my greatest and most enjoyable races of late, and the performance I needed in what has been a real slump of a season. The bounce back starts now!!

20210919094235.jpg

Tremendous race at Lago Mugell....I mean, Maggiore. I knew the Ferrari would do well on soft tires, about the only tires that make the car driveable with a controller. With only one qualifying lap allowed (I know, go figure), I managed to start from 6th.

20210919094219.jpg

But for a moment it looked like it would be all over on Lap 1, as I got rammed from behind at the big sweeper near the sandpit by your typical wanker Audi driver. I'm thinking it was deliberate - had they braked instead they would have undercut me and another car, and gained two places. Thankfully they didn't manage to push me off the track and I only lost two places (they crashed out entirely), the accident leaving a comfortable buffer between me and the next car back.

20210919094207.jpg

Not that I had a chance to get comfortable - everyone was out for blood, and so began one of the closest and most thrilling races I've had in a long time. Big shout out to BlueSky-053 in the Lexus - the racing was incredibly close and yet we never touched once over several laps - exactly how it should be. Sadly someone else rammed them from behind, again at the big sweeper, and the fell back to about 10th (would not surprise me if it was the same Audi). I managed a one stop strategy (just), running a fuel limiter of 2 from about lap 3 or 4 when the tires began to give out. I was still 6th when on the final bend another Lexus ran out of fuel, and I took home 5th.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210918194734.jpg

Attachments

• 20210919094256.jpg
    20210919094256.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Really struggled with the understeery Jag round here, not sure why, it felt much better at Tsukuba... Only 53.8 TT PB so my expectations weren't too high...

Americas Slot 2, door #18 on a 244-point lobby, consisting mostly of A+ rated drivers. Exactly what I needed for a track I had no pace at... :lol: Qualified P15 (poor lap), then was mugged and pushed wide a few times in the race. P14 at the finish.

Americas Slot 3, door #8 on a 221-point lobby. Decided to try my luck again, but lobby was still quite strong. Better qualy lap (54.9) left me P13 on the grid. Error in last sector probably cost me top 8 on the grid.

Unlike the previous slot, this one was clean and enjoyable, but was still struggling with tyres and fuel. Got up to P7 before my pitstop as a few guys made mistakes or went for very early undercuts (lap 5). Had a bit of slipstream during the first stint but it's not possible to save too much fuel with the Jag. Pitted at the end of lap 7, did some refueling to go almost flat-out to the end, and exited the pits in 11th, right behind a Corvette who jumped me due to not refueling. With the fuel to push, I was able to overtake him easily into T1, up to 10th, then 9th as someone was yet to pit.

Unfortunately the guy who I slipstreamed of in the first stint, had more fuel than me so he was now a few seconds ahead, didn't manage to get closer. On the contrary, the 8th lap on the tyres was a big struggle, I was caught by an AMG and had to defend at the end, barely beating him to the line by 0.030s.

P9 in the end. Not bad, but unfortunately 147 points is only my 5th best score, so it won't count. Needed P7 to improve. :nervous:Due to other commitments, I will most probably miss Fuji, where the Jag Gr4 should have done well, I think.

17bfb7f4c76-5b4294141C10A8DE92C.616336880E6EF7E3_message_417794970207956_1632011602374_0.jpg

Last edited:
Slot 1: @F1Bernardo and I entered the race as cars #2 and #1 respectively, and qualified P10 and P11 respectively. I think I had a 54.7, mostly because I missed the first apex of the esses after Big Banky Boi, then missed the apex of the first corner of the final sector. I think I worked my way up to 9th or 10th before pitting, then made up a couple spots from not refueling. In the 2nd stint I was held up by an Aston for several laps (including twice when he moved over to block me on the front straight after I already had an overlap on him), but he eventually got a corner cutting penalty which finally freed me to go chasing after @F1Bernardo in P6, but we were too similar on pace and there weren't enough laps left, so P7 it was for 205 points, which was too low to go towards my final tally.

Slot 2: I wasn't sure if I was even going to go again, given how slow I'd been in the practice races I'd done. Still, I decided to give it one more try since I had literally nothing to lose. This time in qualifying, not only did I not run wide, but I absolutely nailed the lap and clocked a 53.7, the quickest I'd gone yet outside of FP. That was good enough for 6th on the grid. The sequence of corners between the end of the first sector and the back straight had been giving me problems the entire week, but for once I managed to judge the apex speed perfectly without nearly understeering off track or slowing down way too much. In the actual race, I still struggled for pace against the handling cars that surrounded me, and I fell to 7th before the first pit stop, only to jump up to 4th when leaving the pits because everyone immediately in front of me took fuel. I then almost threw my race away leaving the pits by running wide on the exit of T2, which screwed up my line for T3 and resulted in me picking up a 0.5s penalty for cutting too much of the grass on the inside. Fortunately the Supra directly behind me also copped a penalty, so I kept 4th...until the Supra got around me anyway a few laps later. For the rest of the race, I hung on to the Supra's slipstream while a Beetle reeled both of us in. On the run last lap, I burned extra fuel in an attempt to keep the Beetle from having a look at Big Banky Boi, and as a result I ran out just before the finish, but too late for the Beetle to capitalize, and I hung on to 5th place for 238 points, which replaces my 210 points at Brands Hatch as my 4th highest score. I was the first car that wasn't a Supra or Beetle (3 Supras and a Beetle finished ahead of me, along with another Beetle and Supra behind me, then another Corvette behind them). With 4 already great scores, I can go full attack at Fuji to try to score well enough to bring my points total to at least 1000.

Last edited:
As much as I'm not a fan of Lago Maggiore, I knew that I had to perform well this round. Second half of the season has me struggling a bit. Couldn't do great at Garden Trails (Dragon's gardens, whatever) in the 86 a couple of races ago, and it all went downhill from there; Brands Hatch was a dirty mess, Monza felt like I was driving a golf cart, and Tsukuba felt like driving a boat. I had no excuses set up for tonight though... So I needed to practice a little more. Which, in the end, paid off...

Americas First slot, the soup's burnin' hot
Door #19 - Another "A" lobby I found myself in.

Thought I ruined my qualification lap by completely messing up sector one. Thank goodness this was the right track/car combination for me, I qualified 2nd with the help of GT1's epic Tom's Castrol livery. :)

In front of me was an Atenza at the start line. Things went smoothly as we escaped the pack behind after only a few turns. I had the pace to fight for for 1st place but I took the safe option of not doing so, sticking to my plan of tire saving and smooth driving. Around lap 5, tire wear became an issue as expected, and 2 cars passed me, a Vette and a Porsche.

Saturday night's soup is getting even hotter...

Pitted at the end of lap 7. After everyone did, I found myself in 3rd place, right behind the Atenza coming out of the pit lane. Corvette must've crashed lol. Unfortunately for me, those two in front were way faster than my skill level can achieve. I was resigned to have a foot on the podium with a third position. A yellow flag brought some hope through the fog on the last lap. Looks like the poor Mazda driver in front got his controller or wheel setup disconnected because all of his inputs stopped working all of a sudden. (I wonder if Toyota has anything to do with this:lol:). I crossed the finish line in second place, with 0 percent of fuel left and almost no rubber left on the wheels. The soup never tasted this good folks.

Best result of the season so far and achieving lvl 50 at the same time was worth sharing those pics. Thanks to all and stay safe!

20210918_213107.jpg
gts1.jpg

Shouldn't have tried all five slots as only one was enjoyable but the upside was being able to update the Manu points in almost real time. Here's what I have with one to go:

1632034590296.png

BMW huge winner today with big scores in all three regions. Nissan bois did good enough to where I feel they are safely in. As mentioned before, barring some ultra-try harding from the non-EMEA Ferrari drivers, no chance. If Fuji ends up being a tire race, then Peugeot is as dead as their front tires after a long stint.

Not a good racing day. First lobby started 9th but got destroyed in a ram fest by all the cars behind me on first lap sending me to last place and finishing the race in 16th. My second lobby was better but couldn't get a good clean qualifying run and started at 17th and finished 12th. Not one of my best tracks but I could have done better.

Manufacturers Series - Lago Maggiore GP

17:00 Slot

Door:
Qualified: 10th
Finished: 6th
Fuel Saving: None. FM1
Tire Saving: None. BB: -3

It was nice to be matched with familiar names this time. Had @KosmoKazi in my lobby. Well done! coming from last to 8th.. just behind GTHondaProud!

First turns in first lap are always hairy. People trying to squeeze in to the chicane… I saw some crashes there as I escaped clean but lost two positions. Soon regained two places and ran out out of gas just before the finish line… good thing that the car behind me was far enough so I could just crawl to finish it!

for most part it was a tight race with 0.5s gaps front and back. On the final lap this driver overtook me on the big dip right turn and almost took me out. On the incline I was coming faster on the left and was about to overtake him on the outside when he got too close and spun in front of me. Got a clean race star and felt bad that it ended that way for him or her.

Onto Fuji next week! Cheers

FA7EE77D-7855-428D-8C79-02C727C463F4.jpeg

Q16/P15 at Maggiore GP last night. Meh, I'll take it. I did have some nice battles, though. But I was a bit disappointed that I only gained one position even though I passed at least a few cars that were spun-out. You don't think anyone was crazy enough to go for a no-stop, were they? I think if I had conserved my fuel a bit more, such as with short-shifting, I could've avoided taking on any fuel at all. It was more so the tires I was concerned about, and I pitted a couple laps after the others, since my laptimes didn't seem to be dropping notably.

At this point, I'm 60th among over 130 other Hyundai drivers - not nearly as good as the 2021 Season 1 where I was in the top 30, but then again, for this Season 2, I'm only able to do the bare minimum of four rounds due to a nasty summer cold I had in the first half of Season 2's races. If I was able to do more rounds, maybe I'd have a better ranking. Ah, but I suppose the chaos of life is part of the fun involved in competing. Anyway, I doubt there'll be a Season 3, but I'd be down if there was. Once the 2021 Manufacturers Series is over, though, I think I'll take a break from the FIAGTCs, and perhaps only re-enter them in the GT7 era.

Got home from work, 5 minutes before the first slot. No practice, on a track I'm not particularly good on.

Slot 1

Door 15
Q11
P9
128 points

Had a terrible quali, unfortunately didn't survive lap 1 of the race. Punted down to P19. Got my head down and tried to recover and use it as a practice for the second slot. Finally worked my way up to P9, nothing eventful.

Decided to go again. Felt like I did have good pace around here.

Slot 2

Door 9
Somehow Q1
P1 (managed to keep it together)
193 points (personal record)
+1200 DR

Glad I went again, clean and fair race. Overtaken by an Italian in an AMG, who then proceeded to touch the grass and spun out.

Had a great race with a German (Tombock), really clean, smart racing. Eventually managed to pull away from him. Watched the replay and he ran out of fuel 50m from the end and eventually lost 1 more place to finish 3rd.

Wins seldom come my way haha. So happy with that. Plus highest points I've ever scored.

View media item 120011
View media item 120016
View media item 120015
View media item 120014
View media item 120013
View media item 120012

A busy week again meant limited practice and single slots for each of this week's FIA races. I probably should have skipped both and concentrated on RL stuff more but I like both of the combos and was itching to race.

Wed's Nations was as pretty close to a disaster as I could get. I did the very last slot with no warm up and was predictably stuck at the back of the grid the entire time. It wasn't going horribly aside from my lack of pace until the very end when I overtook the guy at the beginning of the final lap. He started sideswiping me on every straight and then trying to barge pass me in every corner. I'm like, "Dude, we're 'fighting' for P15. Are you serious?' I finally lost my temper and started door banging him back, losing myself a net 10 SR in the process. I did finish P15, so there's that I guess.... Anyway, my reactive temper tantrum dropped my SR down to 89 and set me up for Sat's very strange Manu race.

My weird schedule again allowed for a single slot, this time slot 3. And my low SR put me into a lobby ranging all the way from DR A to D. I set a decent Q time and start P5. The first lap was a predictable bargy mess but I'm able to take advantage of it and move up to P4 coming out of the Florida section into the esses - but I'm not able to bridge the gap to P3 before the pack behind me gathers together into a rolling peloton of chaos and carnage.

In the final sector of that opening lap I get punted 3 times: The first part of the double right hander, the second part of the double right hander and then again on the final turn. Then immediately on L2, I get punted hard going into the hairpin sending me all the way back to P14. I let out a heavy sigh of frustration and gather my wits about me determined to see how far back up the grid I can climb.

I know the racecraft is going to be poor ahead of me, as most of the people are low B to C, but I still managed to be bit surprised by some of it. A Porsche I'm overtaking on the pit straight notices me gaining on him and swerves late to try and block me - but he so late in the move that he sideswipes my heavy Jag and sends himself bouncing back across the track. Later, I come across two guys apparently very angry with each other and are door banging hard. I wait for them to ricochet away from each other and shoot the gap between them. I get a few textbook up the inside overtakes done on people I clearly have better pace than. And the rest of it was me quoting @Geauxgreddy - every time I passed someone that binned themselves, I found myself saying, "Greddy pass!' :lol:

All in all, I end up climbing back up to P5 - right where I started the race. It was a bit frustrating that I clearly had the pace for a podium finish. I ended up finishing something like 18 sec behind P3 and had easily lost that much in all the punts I received the first two laps. Oh, well. That's racing, I guess. Time to move on.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210918172712.jpg

This round effectively is my last one, as I won’t be home next Saturday. Had little time to practice during the week and just 15mins to warm up… so, expectations were ultra low. Got into slot 1 with my FIA buddy @GTWolverine … managed to qualify in the middle of the grid and had a somewhat boring but effective race to finish P6, which improves my previous lowest score. So that was that, job done LOL.
Overall this was a less successful season for me than the previous. I hate the Gr4 Mercedes and wasn’t able to capitalize on Gr3 races. But still happy to have a shot at being in the top 150 for America’s again… let’s see how it goes after Round 10. My total points is already locked, at 872 points.
For the possible upcoming exhibition I will certainly move away from Merc and from FR cars, to mix it up a bit…. Probably with my heart’s team: McLaren. But we’ll see… there are other maybe more interesting cars to try!

For the possible upcoming exhibition...
I searched a bit but I couldn't find anything about this. Does anyone know if there will be something (possibly FIA related?) to satisfy GT fans for the upcoming 5 months? I know very well that their main priority is GT7 right now, but it'll give me a shock when next Saturday's race will end. I know that too. Had so much fun this year, I hope it continues!

I searched a bit but I couldn't find anything about this. Does anyone know if there will be something (possibly FIA related?) to satisfy GT fans for the upcoming 5 months? I know very well that their main priority is GT7 right now, but it'll give me a shock when next Saturday's race will end. I know that too. Had so much fun this year, I hope it continues!
They'll probably announce an exhibition season shortly after the main 2021 season ends. 5 months of waiting for GT7 with no FIA races to help keep players engaged would be a bold move after generating all that hype at the PlayStation showcase.

With the usual 1-2 week gap between seasons they could potentially throw a couple of 6-8 round exhibition seasons in to take things up to near the GT7 launch date.

Like @F1Bernardo said for this this is my last one for me and we're going to have to make the most of this as I'm lacking a good 4th score for Aston.

Slot 1: Qualifying was meh. I felt I was too tentative and left a lot on the table. Qualified 13th so it was ok. I felt in practice lobbies the Aston was faster but maybe it will change in the race............. no. I was a fool. Literally L1 T1 (when you know tires are cold and people are trying to settle into the race) the guy behind me tries a divebomb and completely fail and shunt me instead, and instead of letting me back in he takes the outside and tried to overtake me while still collecting myself. I decided to give him an extended finger and block him out, winding up putting him in the grass T2. In the end finished 12th because some idiot was being an idiot and then he took himself out and rage quit (highlighted all in the stream after the first race).

Slot 2: Welp if anything to take from this one is it's the first time I was in a lobby with Igor Fraga, and not knowing if he did a last to first challenge or just had a bad qualy I outqualified him :D (yeah that sounds better, let's just go with I outqualified him hehehe). He eventually came through the field and I knew which battles to pick and which one to save for another day and I decided to give him little difficulty and used his speed to help get up the field. I should have finished 17th but my teammate got taken out by an out of control Alfa and bumped me up to 15th.

Slot 3: This one was basically do or die. If it wasn't working out this race it wasn't going to work out for the night. Fearing I would be in top split I got put the top of split 2. So I had more confidence. This was arguably my worst qualifying but I was able to have 6th, except a weird glitch bumped me to 5th :confused:. Any who following littleregret and PXCam I was just content on sitting back and saving as much as I could, but then someone behind me had other ideas. While backing off giving the people in front of me space this guy just decides to keep bumping into me, then in T1 he made his move which I defended and gave him space, he then decided I shouldn't have an escape road so unwound the wheel and put me half into the grass into the tight T2. With GRASS HAVING LESS GRIP THAN I DUNNO, TARMAC what did you think was going to happen?!?!?!? I decided to just drive into him on T2. Whoops. He got me in the pits anyways. I pitted a lap early that I was doing the last two splits. In hindsight maybe was the bad move but it was still good enough for 5th in the end and a solid points haul, and ending my 2021 season with a top 5. My inability to save enough fuel without needing fuel while keeping pace was my weakness, but I can walk away satisfied with a top 5.

It was a good run. It will be interesting to see where I wind up in both Nations and for Aston. Thanks all for watching my streams and reading my content. Until GT7 comes it's been one helluva run!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first two attempts were not great. In the first slot, a potential P9 got away from me when my car slid at the esses on lap 14. Finished P14.

In slot 2, I started P12 and got punted off at BBB on the first lap, pretty much ending my race. But it didn't matter how it played out because I got disconnected during an FIA race for the first time ever.

NA/CSA Slot 3, A/S Lobby, 199 Points, Door #2

In the third slot though, something unexpected happen. To my shock, I qualified on pole with a time of 1:54.851. Unlike before, I decided to just run away with it since I was starting in the front. Unfortunately, my lead was short lived as a Jaguar that started right behind me in 2nd went for a dive in the final sector, nudging me in the process and took 1st. I quickly discovered that people were playing for keeps straight away and I lost a bunch of positions, falling down to 7th by lap 2. Then to top it all off, my car skidded at BBB on lap 4 and I found myself in 9th.

Since things were falling apart so fast, I decided to go for an undercut and pitted on lap 6. After everyone else had performed their pit stops, I was in 7th by lap 9. But as I was going through the esses, my car skidded again, allowing a RX Vision to pass me. :ouch:

For the remainder of the race, it was a battle between me, an Alfa that was close behind, and a small group of 3 cars that I was gaining on, including the RX Vision from before. On the final lap, I was able to grab 7th from a RC-Z on really bad tires. I still had the Alfa on my back but I kept it at bay.

full

While I was able to stop this race from ending in disaster like the previous ones, I was pretty disappointed that I couldn’t even get a podium despite starting in 1st. But with GT Sport’s days now numbered, I don’t see much point in getting hung up on races that don’t go my way. It'll be a clean slate for us all once GT7 is finally in our hands, so I'm going to focus on just enjoying the remaining FIA races we have left for this game. :)

Last edited:
Anyway, I doubt there'll be a Season 3, but I'd be down if there was. Once the 2021 Manufacturers Series is over, though, I think I'll take a break from the FIAGTCs, and perhaps only re-enter them in the GT7 era.
As others have speculated there is likely to be an exhibition season this winter. (Sorry SH folks) If it say starts in November it will be finished for the March release of GT7 where we can expect the next proper season to be held on.

Back