2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
So i have been practicing and racing in the lobby for tomorrow's manufacturers series in the Aston, which btw doesn't seem to suit this circuit . Going in on hard tyres, only way to change them is to pit and go on the softs. But at the start of qualifying and the race the tyres go back to hard! What am I doing wrong here?

If you click on the gear button before you start you can change certain settings, such as tyres and TCS before the session starts.

So i have been practicing and racing in the lobby for tomorrow's manufacturers series in the Aston, which btw doesn't seem to suit this circuit . Going in on hard tyres, only way to change them is to pit and go on the softs. But at the start of qualifying and the race the tyres go back to hard! What am I doing wrong here?

If you click on the gear button before you start you can change certain settings, such as tyres and TCS before the session starts.

You need to change the fronts first then the rear, it won;t let you change the rears till the fronts are done. Once done it will remember this setting till you change it again, so it you run again you'll be fine.

I think the tight left- right combination at Maggiore is terrible and is just there to make the lap time longer. I think they should've put a kink in the straight and completely bypassed the first three corners.

View attachment 984955

There you go! All of a sudden, we have a really nice racetrack! Simple and effective. They keep the hard braking zone they want so badly, but races aren't ruined as frequently.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in. RH are 2 seconds slower than RS. Just going RH Lap 1 and I'll run the rest on RS from the back. That's if noone gets smashed off track when I come out the pits. Hopefully I'll have 4 lap fresher tyres, towards the end of the race.

Er1RM-pXMAEVpMQ

Edit: Kept my nose clean. 1RH/9RS/10RS+ around 4 laps of fuel/6RS.
Er1WteGUcAMnTad

Er1WyJqVcAIttQd

Er1W-OOUwAEjhOe

Kind of predictably, dropped down the bottm with the Huracan when we pit Lap 1(that was who I focused on racing). However, we both were able to move up, with cars on worn RS. Didn't lose much when other cars pit. Players were doing 1 lap on the RH late in the race and having about 6%-21% fuel, when I had about 60% from my early fill. Only traffic were late stoppers, but they pushed each other for penalties. That helped me not lose much time to the Lambo I was racing.

Use patience. Seriously. I wasn't being blocked and had good position exchanges. People were pulling to left to set up for a pit stop and not trying to go out-in-out.👍 Good racing etiquette.
It wasn't all roses for some. One player in an AMG was pushy on some players. Just wait. We're not racing for trophies and cash prizes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in. RH are 2 seconds slower than RS. Just going RH Lap 1 and I'll run the rest on RS from the back. That's if noone gets smashed off track when I come out the pits. Hopefully I'll have 4 lap fresher tyres, towards the end of the race.

Er1RM-pXMAEVpMQ

Edit: Kept my nose clean. 1RH/9RS/10RS+ around 4 laps of fuel/6RS.
Er1WteGUcAMnTad

Er1WyJqVcAIttQd

Er1W-OOUwAEjhOe

Kind of predictably, dropped down the bottm with the Huracan when we pit Lap 1(that was who I focused on racing). However, we both were able to move up, with cars on worn RS. Didn't lose much when other cars pit. Players were doing 1 lap on the RH late in the race and having about 6%-21% fuel, when I had about 60% from my early fill. Only traffic were late stoppers, but they pushed each other for penalties. That helped me not lose much time to the Lambo I was racing.

Use patience. Seriously. I wasn't being blocked and had good position exchanges. People were pulling to left to set up for a pit stop and not trying to go out-in-out.👍 Good racing etiquette.
It wasn't all roses for some. One player in an AMG was pushy on some players. Just wait. We're not racing for trophies and cash prizes.
The guy in the AMG is notoriously dirty. He simply barges through at every opportunity, no matter what. He’s the father of a very well known Australian driver. I’m surprised he’s in your split. He’s usually in mine lower than that

I won’t be able to run until the last session. Good observations to note.

Ready to start this one and although I haven't practiced much I did test out short shifting in the Evo and there is barely any drop in power, no gain like the 650 though, so I'll be able to save some fuel. Just going to play it safe with 1/8/8/8, obviously ones a 9, I'm too hard on tyres for a 1/12/13 and the pit loss is small enough that bad tyres are worse than an extra stop.
D5 (not number, just should be) I'm C mostly Ds 1 A and no Bs, feel sorry for the A. So I need 3rd to get the 28 for the 100 I want.
So qualifying is a joke, trying to get a clean lap is nearly impossible. Managed a 44.9 getting Q10, this ain't looking good. What a horrible race, came 14th

The guy in the AMG is notoriously dirty. He simply barges through at every opportunity, no matter what. He’s the father of a very well known Australian driver. I’m surprised he’s in your split. He’s usually in mine lower than that

I won’t be able to run until the last session. Good observations to note.
Yes, I’m never 100% confident it’s going to be clean when that driver is close by! Did always wonder if it was a genuine relation to his namesake

@D_Dragline might see you there. Had our favorite pushy AMG knucklehead in my race as well as my Audi enemy from BMB. Qualified ok in p10. Left room to get sorted by driver in front.

The 2 clowns mentioned above get to racing straight away. Audi Pushes through poor guy starting behind me. Last turn on lap 1 I take a slower turn to avoid running into the car ahead. Our victim then goes for the Audi. Audi nudges me loose, other driver spins me to facing backwards. I have to reverse to get going. Now well dead last. They get 4 second penalties, it takes me 6 to get going again. It was just a bad luck racing incident, but annoying.

I try to race back from dead last and do ok. End up finishing p15. But that is from passing 2 cars that ran out of fuel on the final lap.

Might go again as I felt competitive, and would alter my pit strategy as i didnt seem slow on Hards. Running within 0.6 of my Softs time.

Ready to start this one and although I haven't practiced much I did test out short shifting in the Evo and there is barely any drop in power, no gain like the 650 though, so I'll be able to save some fuel. Just going to play it safe with 1/8/8/8, obviously ones a 9, I'm too hard on tyres for a 1/12/13 and the pit loss is small enough that bad tyres are worse than an extra stop.
D5 (not number, just should be) I'm C mostly Ds 1 A and no Bs, feel sorry for the A. So I need 3rd to get the 28 for the 100 I want.
So qualifying is a joke, trying to get a clean lap is nearly impossible. Managed a 44.9 getting Q10, this ain't looking good. What a horrible race, came 14th
I’m going to give it a go in the Evo but in practice I’m well off the pace. Car just hasn’t got the speed here.

I thought that AMG was an alt for the well known player, but seemed like a little brother, the way he drives. :lol: True about the "%" of when that player is near. Could go 50/50 in races.
Yeah, I've seen them race very hard and clean, including not responding to some very troll racing. Then I've also seen them pull the 'Falling Down' move and try to wipeout anyone near. They managed to come through pretty clean in the race I was in with them. They were patient and simply moved up the few spots from those of us that got in trouble.

Edit. Got @SmellMyCheese in lobby this time. Along with 2 previous trolls and an additional one as well. Time to put my head on a swivel.

Update: slightly faster lobby and I qually better. Start P6. Cruise ok for first stint. But have a couple of moments over the race where I just drift wheels on the grass on that downhill right that cost me a couple of seconds all up. Also had an Aston dive me twice into the last turn, but I saw it coming. Both times they just pushed me wide on exit as I tried to keep my speed and drop in behind them. Could have returned the favor last couple of laps but just let it be. Finish p8 for some points that count and a reasonably successful last race.

Good luck the rest of you, the penalty system seems touchy in this one.:cheers::scared::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Last chance and we get D2, great no points I got more points for 14th than I'll get if I win this. Still it's practice for later. Got an even so slightly better Q time 44.7 and bagged me Q5 so starting on softs see what happens. Crossed the line in 3rd, but cheater behind me had managed to give me 2 seccs on last lap so came 4th. Better race, but still not good. He claims it was the other guy, but regardless he had a big enough lead on the rest to fall back and give me the place. I'd do it, hell I'd do it even if I lost other places because of it, but then I have honour.

OH yeah did 8s/8s and as I'm pitting I have the crazy idea of just finishing on hards as it's harder to pass me on track than in the pit. It sort of worked as I'd probably have been 4th honestly and maybe even 5th had I pitted again.

Last edited:
In with @Redneckchef in a decent lobby so had door no.20! Managed to qualify 11th which I was happy with.

Race was decent enough, a few moments of losing time when you have to slow right down to avoid bumping people and also coming out the pits into heavy traffic is chaotic.

Ended badly though when on the very last lap I was absolutely wiped out on T1 by the McLaren behind me and game decided that me getting punted at full speed into the barrier was my fault and gave me a 4 second penalty!! He said after in lobby that he hit the pause button to avoid ramming me and the auto drive took over and smashed into me!! That’s a new one! :ouch: Ended up 13th and think I will just miss out on keeping my S rank.

The RSR that finished 6th in my race, pitted for RH with 2 to go. It came out side by side with the Huracan and just nudged the Huracan wide into T1. The ghosting is really silly there. Anyway, the Huracan on worn RS, was slightly quicker than the RSR on fresh RH. Probably that cold tyres thing. Huracan would have neen ahead if not for the off.

The M6 and WRX, both ran out of fuel just before the line.

A note of courtesy to everyone: Please do not divebomb others into the final hairpin on the penultimate lap.

I had a FT-1 do just that, get a slow exit forcing me to get alongside on the right, only for me to realise too late by doing so, the Toyota was blocking my entry into the pits when I still had to take my Hards.

I finished dead last in 16th thanks to that. 1.2k DR in the hole.

I’m just going to either pit on lap 24 next race, or take Hards for 2 laps at the fuel stop.

Does anyone else have the refuel prediction (that small diamond thingy indicating how much fuel you need) not working properly? Started 13th, did 1H/12S/13S (refuel on second stop). The game recommended me fill up until 58%, but a few laps after I realised I'm 2 laps short :eek:. Had to fuel save like crazy, and dropped from a potential 7th to 9th :grumpy: I calculated afterwards I should've filled up until 68%. Never had this happen before, even on the previous times we raced here (albeit in reverse direction). Weird huh?

Winner used a 10S/10S/6H. Everyone else mostly used 3 stops with varying results. One guy tried a S/H/S and almost made it work from 10th to 5th, but spun on the last corner. I think 3 stop is probably slightly faster overall, but you need a clean run. 2 stop is less affected by battling and you can also save more fuel. Just need to latch on to someone's draft (which I kept losing in the second half, due to having to fuel save urgh).

Pretty happy with Audi this season. Gr.3 is tricky to drive, definitely not for the faint hearted. Very good fuel economy but bad tyre wear. Gr.4 is OP as everyone knows. It's an absolute weapon in quali. Very good fuel economy and surprisingly ok tyre wear for an FF (being the lightest car in Gr.4 helps). I'm leading the rankings before the race, hopefully it stays that way but 2 other drivers have been very close all season, and emreeree is still in within a shout too if she does well in tonight's T16 SS (despite only doing 3 races, just shows you how much of a pleb I am :crazy:).

Now let's see what the next season brings :)

Yes, I’m never 100% confident it’s going to be clean when that driver is close by! Did always wonder if it was a genuine relation to his namesake

It is his dad confirmed. Last year he raced in the esports Olympics event and that's his ID, representing North Macedonia. I don't know why he drives the way he does tbh, it's ruining the reputation of his son IMO.

I've seen a few other similar accounts, which I think are just jokesters and not actually related. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have the refuel prediction (that small diamond thingy indicating how much fuel you need) not working properly? Started 13th, did 1H/12S/13S (refuel on second stop). The game recommended me fill up until 58%, but a few laps after I realised I'm 2 laps short :eek:. Had to fuel save like crazy, and dropped from a potential 7th to 9th :grumpy: I calculated afterwards I should've filled up until 68%. Never had this happen before, even on the previous times we raced here (albeit in reverse direction). Weird huh?

There is a bug on this particular track. If it tells you you need for example 10 ten laps to refuel then it is indeed about a lap short. So to be sure fuel for an additional 1 or 2 laps then you should be fine.

Almost everyone has the refuelling bug. It shorted me almost two full laps in my practice race (18.2 laps on a full tank based on actual consumption, predicted 20 laps by the game).

I recommend everyone to drive a 10 lap stint at race pace in a lobby and see what their actual fuel use is, with 45s laptimes it's quickly done.

There is a bug on this particular track. If it tells you you need for example 10 ten laps to refuel then it is indeed about a lap short. So to be sure fuel for an additional 1 or 2 laps then you should be fine.

Well that's dumb. I did do practice race, but not a whole race with refuelling because the refuel rate in custom race is different (6L/sec vs 7L/sec in FIA). I just do manual calculation based on how much fuel I use in a stint, and then trust the predictor to sort it out in the race. Never had any issues before this but it sure bites me this time :ouch:

Last edited:
Glad you raised the issue about refuelling; myself, @Ashthebash and many others have been experiencing this in practice lobbies and it did catch me out a few times.

Normally, I tend to use the 'Distance to Empty' estimate and total racing distance to work out whether I have enough fuel to make it in between stops. My workaround for the last lobby was to add an extra 2 laps' worth of fuel (second stop on Lap 15, refuelled to 13 laps), which was enough to get me to the finish without running empty.

Happens on this track for some reason, but for example, if there's 10 laps left, you add fuel until it says you have 10 laps of fuel but as soon as you leave the pits it will suddenly say you have 8.8 laps of fuel remaining!

Edit: Just run another test to show it:

Entered pits with 0.8 laps left

View attachment 983061

Filled it to have 11laps left even though 10 laps of race left

View attachment 983062

left pits and only had 9.8 laps left

View attachment 983063
Don’t say I didn’t warn you guys ;):lol:

I haven't raced him for a few months but I fight fire with fire and have had a few good races with him. He's aggressive but I don't think he's dirty.
I’ve done almost the entire FIA in his splits and I’ve watched him repeatedly run guys off the track, spin them around and divebomb. I also have personal experience with him pushing me off in dailies.

I agree he’s aggressive, but I’d also categorize many of his moves as dirty. I have told him I will retaliate in any race I see him purposely make contact. So far that’s been once in our only race since the comment.

Back