2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I hate "Front Wheel Drive Cars" in Gt sport., i hate the under-steering when you go out of turns
But the real motivation is because, I drive(drived) in all my life this kind of car, when I play with ps4, I prefer dream and drive MR or FR that I don't drive when I go to work or when I go to shopping center...

I need training to manage the bagarre, I think that could be a race for strong men with some voluntary or involuntary
contact to manage

So is Blue Moon going to be an SR killer? I really enjoy the race, just fun racing door to door. The lobbies don't seem very touchy penalty-wise. I've historically been pretty bad at this type of race, but seemingly found some pace last night and really enjoy playing the slip stream game. I just fear that dreaded reset.

So is Blue Moon going to be an SR killer? I really enjoy the race, just fun racing door to door. The lobbies don't seem very touchy penalty-wise. I've historically been pretty bad at this type of race, but seemingly found some pace last night and really enjoy playing the slip stream game. I just fear that dreaded reset.

It'll depend on the lobby you're in. If you're bump drafting and holding station, till the last few laps. SR should be fine I reckon.

Perhaps the areas of most concern would be, a lunge into turn 1, since often the penalty goes to the car being hit.

Also with the penalty system as it is. Anyone who loses control and spins across the track, is a 4s penalty waiting to happen, for whichever poor soul touches them before they ghost.

Had to share this great example of the totally fair penalty system! /s hah :lol::lol::lol::banghead:

I got that same penalty for that event after a guy sailed into T3 and broadsided me in qualifying. I don’t get it either.

What I think we all fear with T1 (any lap) at BMB. I just feel someone is going to see the 100 marker, and still go a ways before braking.

Last edited:
In my experience, it's usually pretty clean in spite of how close everyone is. With the reduced slipstream range this time, the field might be even more spread out, which should help. Having people on different tires might throw a bit more chaos into the mix, but it still shouldn't be too bad. Just don't ever switch off the radar. :lol:

I think every car can have a shot with this combo, but yeah it would be fun to do this in a muscle car, classic NASCAR style. It was a Daily race a long time ago.
I did punctuate it with the Supra, but in terms of stability, I'd rather use the RC F in this race. Plus, I'm down to A/A, due to a Daily Race B at Bathurst. Had my Frank the Tank moment:

tenor.gif

Couldn't resist on my main account after making this livery.
6125467323115537924_0.jpg

From experience of Blue Moon FIA in the past, make sure you’re not on the outside of T1! Nothing more infuriating than getting crushed against the wall! :lol:

Just hoping everyone plays nicely and don’t lose slipstream. Has to be one of the most tense and exciting last laps of any race when there’s still 6 of you in with the chance of winning coming round the last bend.

Here’s the video of the Big Willow race. Don’t worry its not the whole race. It’s basically what happened lol.

a win is a win, so congrats are still in order:cheers:. In the end your stats show a win, not how it happened!
You could have made up an epic story though, telling how you managed to win this race starting last due to a gearbox replacement after qualifying first, overtaking the entire field after racestart, lapping most of them at least once, setting fastest lap (guess you did that anyway:D), surviving divebombs and unfair penalties, wiping out madknightmopar and passing Williams_Gio at the last corner, but unfortunately forgot to save the replay as a proof of your heroics.....

Got my first good news post for this FIA in Nations first slot. Tanked qualifying but screwing up 3 corners and running almost 2 second slower than practice. But it was a clean lap. Something I have missed both previous rounds. So tonight better already.

So, starting p14 after my slow qualifying lap. Move up to p11 by the end of lap 1. Trying to catch onto the tail of p10 at that point, but just holding about 1.2 back and stuck there. Lap 4 I just get a rear tire a shade wide entering paddock hill bend and go for donuts. Drop back to p15. But closing on the next 2. I pass 1 of them and then another up front goes off so p13. Then I am.stuck behind a rolling roadblock. At like lap 6. He is inside on everything, parking it on apex and pulling to the middle on exit to block runs. Pushes 2 wheels of mine onto the grass heading to turn 1 at one point. I stayed clean, we get caught and I let the other driver go for it. He tries around the outside and gets punted.

Captain roadblock gets a 4 seconds and dirty tires so I drive through to finish a slow and below pace p12. Should have been much higher as I had the pace, but really only 1 mistake and I kept my nose clean otherwise. After the total :censored:shows I put in for the opening 2 rounds I will take it anyway.

My Nations Season is pretty much a day old floater at this point so as long as I am getting some solid racing on it'll do.
Good luck all, qualify up front and brace yourselves, it is pushy first couple of laps. I made my spots with 1 clean pass and then picking up leftovers after a messy battle in front of me.
Keep it tight and smooth:gtpflag:👍

Last edited:
P8 to P2. Even by being slow on my outlap, still caught up to players having to slow for players fighting ahead. CAught the player ahead of me two corners from the end of the lap. Aborted the next lap and sat in the pits in P6. Only two players jumped me. Everyone else were damn near tandem.

The divebombing gap thing is driving me up the wall. The gap is not there to pass. If you take the gap, it's the slow line out. I was staying in 4th gear, from the end of the back straight, down shift to 3rd, only for the 90 degree left before the final corner(which I take in 4th), all the way to T1. Used 3rd gear for T2. Had enough torque to pull away and catch players, losing shift time in 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th gear shifts. One and done.

Last edited:
Yeah, today was a one and done also for me. Started in 16th but made ground into the top 10 early on.

Had some good battles whilst trying to stay in touch for a top 5 with plenty of bumping and rubbing going on, but nothing really dirty.

Then comes the final lap going into the last turn. One of the guys ahead just turns into the guy beside him and proceeds to push him into a spin and off the track. Avoided all of it, went past the pair of them for an 8th place finish.

**Edit**
So just watched the replay back. Below is the final corner incident the Mugen Castrol car simply turned right hand down on the black and white car.

20201212203108.jpg
20201212203114.jpg

Last edited:
One and done for 160 points. Started 10th and finished 7th.

Then comes the final lap going into the last turn. One of the guys ahead just turns into the guy beside him and proceeds to push him into a spin and off the track. Avoided all of it, went past the pair of them for an 8th place finish.

**Edit**
So just watched the replay back. Below is the final corner incident the Mugen Castrol car simply turned right hand down on the black and white car.

View attachment 977714 View attachment 977715

From the practice race I did and from slot 1 - Mugen driver is very easily slighted and the guy he took out was a very obstinate blocker.

Last edited:
One and done for 160 points. Started 10th and finished 7th.

From the practice race I did and from slot 1 - Mugen driver is very easily slighted and the guy he took out was a very obstinate blocker.

Not the case. The black and white car actually had decent pace and had a run down the inside for the final corner.

Back