2021 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 341 comments
Dixon back out again after that emergency tyre change.

Meanwhile, we have a replay of slight side-by-side contact between the leading #10 Acura (Taylor) and #4 Corvette (Sims). Could this have repercussions for either of them?

Last edited:
That didn't need to be a yellow. Tire didn't even come apart.

Last edited:
Should be ready to go green again; the pace car lights are out... and most of the DPi field peels off into pit road including the #01.

Last edited:
Problems for the #3 Corvette in the pits; now it's the sister #4 car's turn to lead GT LM.

My mistake... I thought the lights on the Lexus had gone out, but clearly we're still under caution.

Last edited:
My mistake... I thought the lights on the Lexus had gone out, but clearly we're still under caution.

I thought the lights were off aswell. But yesterday the Lexus was driving around without headlight long into the night so wouldn't be suprised if the driver forgot to turn on the lightbar aswell.

And the lightbar itself should be wider. Or extra strobes/led flashers on the front and rear. Would be much more visible to everyone.

Last edited:
Expected another full-course caution to get rid of that Rolex banner, and I wasn't wrong.

The race is truly going downhill for the #21, it seems.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone could have predicted that at this point of the race, we'd see the Mazda off all cars battling against the leading Acuras while Cadillacs are almost left behind.

Van der Zande goes wide at Turn 1: Tincknell goes up to 2nd overall and is running away from the recovering #01 Caddy.

Last edited:
Caddies have done their stops. Now we need to see if Acura and Mazda can do anything after their stops.

#10 done, and so is Mazda.

Last edited:
In comes Albuquerque in the #10 Acura and Tincknell in the #55 Mazda; left tyres and fuel only for the Acura.

Montoya also peeling into pit road with the #60.

Last edited:
Interesting to think that WTR switched cars in the offseason and CGR hauled ass to put their program together in the offseason. Both have been the two dominant cars through the entire race.

Back