2021+ Lexus IS - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 36 comments
With almost 500hp, why not just call it the ISF?
It would seem they're leaving space at the top. What once was an F is no longer good enough. That does make sense, since all its competition these days is AWD and 1500 hp.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate this new IS's climate controls. Not only to we get buttons to press - something I just mentioned in the C-class thread - but we also get a touch screen so you've got your choice of how you'd like to adjust it. Man, feeling the press of those buttons sounds really nice right now.

2022-Lexus-IS-500-F-Sport-Performance-Debut-49.jpg

Look at the seat heater buttons with their cute little LEDs! I love glancing down and immediately knowing what setting I'm on.

Last edited:
Keef is likely on point with the name. From what I’ve been told by an insider, Lexus is revamping its performance aspirations as to what defines an F model. Because this is being called an F Sport, he told me he thinks it’ll be priced aggressively as well.

Last edited:
Must be a hell of a facelift 'cause the car looks completely different from all angles to me. It looks to have a different shape somehow. I have been so unhappy with how ugly the IS has been and this has definitely changed it. The IS looks good again.

What on earth are these standards they're talking about? We need a damn roll cage in cars or something?

How about they teach people how to not crash into things? That seems more effective than just making cars bigger and heavier and ultimately just resulting in "safer" but more destructive collisions just as often as ever.

This is ridiculous and is my least favorite part of the auto industry. I don't know who is lobbying for this stuff, probably insurance companies, but it seems like if people were less stupid then crash safety bandaids would be less necessary.

Last edited:
Back