2021 Lincoln Zephyr

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
The 2021 Lincoln Zephyr prototype has been unveiled today at Auto Shanghai 2021, which will be the brand's upcoming flagship sedan. Certain styling cues are supposed to resemble the luxurious Zephyr and Continental models of the 1930s. Lincoln has confirmed the car will enter production soon and styling will be as close t to this prototype as possible.

The good news is, Lincoln hasn't given up on sedans, and this looks like a genuinely stylish and high-quality car, in the same vein as the 2016-2020 Continental.

The bad news is, it's for the Chinese market only. US buyers won't get to experience this car at all. I guess it makes sense though, as sedans sell much better in China than the United States, and if it were offered in the US, it would likely not even sell as little as 2,000 units per year.

upload_2021-4-21_15-39-2.png

upload_2021-4-21_15-39-10.png

upload_2021-4-21_15-39-15.png

upload_2021-4-21_15-39-25.png

upload_2021-4-21_15-39-31.png

My comment on the A6 e-tron stands, here.

That new Audi could be this and I'd take you for your word. It definitely isn't the look of an Audi.

Wow, an actual new car from Lincoln and...the US isn't getting it. *sigh* I hate the world...

Aside from my irritation with reality, the car itself gives me similar vibes to the Audi A6 e-tron Concept revealed not too long ago. Though I'd say it looks better than the A6 for sure, mainly because the front is a bit proportioned better with the lights and grill. The taillight bar looks good too.

That top picture, gives me VW Phaeton/Passat/C(class? The VW C thing that raced in BTCC) vibes.
It was called the Passat CC.

Anyways, I'm digging this concept. It's got a healthy amount of futuristic art deco design style which feels like the right direction for American luxury. If an American luxury car doesn't remind me of the Chrysler Building then something is wrong. The interior is a bit plain though, it could definitely use more art deco intricacy like the current Aviator has.

Last edited:
VXR
My comment on the A6 e-tron stands, here.

That new Audi could be this and I'd take you for your word. It definitely isn't the look of an Audi.
I'd say this looks a lot more like an Audi than the Hyundai with Audi badges that the E-Tron is. This at least has the right beltline.

Last edited:
I'd say that mimicking a design from a more successful car is the most logical thing for Lincoln to do at this point. The 2016-2020 Continental may not have closely resembled any other car on the market, and it sold poorly. Being that the Audi A6 and A7 are strong sellers relative towards their competitors, Lincoln probably views that making a car with the same general design as the A6/A7 but with some Lincoln styling touches added on, as well as a lower price tag (probably), is a recipe for at least decent sales.

Last edited:
I'd say that mimicking a design from a more successful car is the most logical thing for Lincoln to do at this point. The 2016-2020 Continental may not have closely resembled any other car on the market, and it sold poorly. Being that the Audi A6 and A7 are strong sellers relative towards their competitors, Lincoln probably views that making a car with the same general design as the A6/A7 but with some Lincoln styling touches added on, as well as a lower price tag (probably), is a recipe for at least decent sales.
I think the Continental was effective as an advertisement. It ushered in what was basically a design and quality revolution at Lincoln and I'm not sure many people were prepared for it. Now Lincoln has the cachet to put something like the Aviator or this Zephyr into production and actually be respected for it. That said, I haven't seen many Aviators on the road but I've seen even fewer Cadillac XT6es so something must be working. Continentals, Navigators, and Aviators all have presence and command attention, at least in my opinion. I think the next wave of Lincoln design will be pretty nice and elevate the brand even further. Having the overall shape of an Audi isn't a bad thing as long as the graphics are intricately American.

Built on the same platform as the Zephyr, the third generation Lincoln Nautilus (previously MKX) will be built in China and imported into the US

2024-lincoln-nautilus-jet-package-exterior.jpg

2024-lincoln-nautilus-jet-package-exterior.jpg

2024-lincoln-nautilus-black-label-interior.jpg

2024-lincoln-nautilus-black-label-exterior.jpg

Lincoln built a housing deep in the dash for two 23.6-inch displays. The left half serves as a de facto instrument cluster, while a thin bezel separates it from the right display, producing the illusion of one continuous screen.

Getting the new Nautilus down the road is the job of two new powertrains. The first is a revised turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder. Shared with the Corsair, this standard engine packs 250 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque – an eight-speed auto is standard, as is all-wheel drive. The optional hybrid powertrain combines a turbocharged 2.0-liter with a continuously variable transmission, a 100-kilowatt electric motor, and an unspecified battery to produce 310 hp. The hybrid model one-ups the gasser with standard continuously controlled dampers and 21- or 22-inch wheels. Beyond those changes, though, the two models are broadly similar.

The new 2024 Lincoln Nautilus should arrive in North American dealers in early 2024, although consumers that want to park one in their driveway can head over to Lincoln’s consumer website and place a no-deposit order now.

Ford Motor will import its next-generation Lincoln Nautilus from China to the U.S., the company said Monday night.

This marks the first time Lincoln will import a vehicle to the U.S. from China.

Importing a vehicle from overseas to the U.S. can make good business sense, however, for a company such as Ford.

“In this case, it’s a good use of resources,” said Stephanie Brinley, associate director of research at S&P Global Mobility. “Without importing, Lincoln does not get the product, and the brand needs products between now and when its EVs arrive.”

Brinley said the decision to import the Nautilus does not suggest a fundamental shift for future Lincolns for the U.S. market, noting the company continues to produce most of its vehicles for the U.S. market in North America.

“Lincoln is a global brand that is growing,” a Lincoln spokeswoman said in an email. “As we execute our U.S. manufacturing growth plans, we think it makes sense to centralize Nautilus production in China for both markets (since we already produce Nautilus in China for the local market) which allows us to gain manufacturing efficiencies and retool our Oakville facility to get ready to build our next generation EVs.”

The news comes a week after Ford released a report that said it was the top automaker in terms of vehicles assembled and hourly autoworkers employed in America as well as vehicles exported from America to other countries.

The vehicle will be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine as well as a hybrid powertrain. The car is expected to go on sale in early 2024, with starting prices between $51,810 and $75,860.

Unfortunately the segment as a whole isn’t very inspiring, otherwise I’d have more to say about it. Overall I like it. Rather have an Aviator in every possible way.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back