2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Really wished these "Packages" weren't a thing. Why were they even needed in the first place? What happened to simply leaving the cars alone, apart from their respective track configurations, and leaving the teams to figure it out? Can't say its to keep the big teams from winning because even with the "No Qualifying" format, they still figured it out.
Cost? They say they do it for the racing. But as we’ve seen, that’s a lie. But saying that, it also dawned on me, wouldn’t requiring teams to develop, or at least buy engines for these rules end up costing more money?

Last edited:
Cost? They say they do it for the racing. But as we’ve seen, that’s a lie. But saying that, it also dawned on me, wouldn’t requiring teams to develop, or at least buy engines for these rules end up costing more money?
THAT right there is already one flaw with this premise. If costs are supposed to be brought down, especially so with the new car, then why on earth do we need these "Packages" that by their nature would add more to the costs then just having a car for the Mile 1/2s, Short Tracks, Road Courses and Superspeedways? From what little I've watched, I don't honestly see what has been fixed with it. As you mentioned, clearly the racing wasn't fixed.

Back