Open Wheel 2021 NTT Indy Car Series

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Dotini, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Pato is doing everything he can to make this race interesting. :eek:

Edit: And he gets the win!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 12:21 AM
  2. Dotini

Dotini Premium

Pato O'Ward is a deserving winner and outstanding addition to Indycar racing. I hope F1 doesn't steal him away.

FPV MIC, JackRyanWMU and r_outsider like this.
  3. BKGlover

BKGlover

Was it a better race, or Pato imposing his will? Glad he won, just would like to know.

4. r_outsider

r_outsider

Eh, it was pretty much the Scott Dixon show until he got jumped in the last round of stops, lots of fuel saving going on (which most hate but kind of turns it into a bit of a 210mph chess match which I like). Pato had the best car and made some awesome (and sketchy!) passes, masterful performance for sure. He won that race, it wasn't handed to him.

They have to figure that non-traction compound crap out, STAT. Anybody who got up into that stuff at the wrong time was a passenger on a one way trip up to the wall. It's not just bad racing, it's not real safe.

5. StPeterMartyr

StPeterMartyr

[​IMG]

r_outsider likes this.
  6. Northstar

Northstar Premium

7. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

It made for quite an awkward race weekend didn’t it? Is there a way they can remove the stuff? I know it wears away, but pretty sure Eddie Gossage didn’t like to see this kind of race at his track. And pretty sure the drivers and sponsors didn’t either.

StPeterMartyr likes this.
  8. BKGlover

BKGlover

He may not have liked it, but he's not going to change anything. The compound use is going to continue because NASCAR brings in more money. Gossage has tried to spin it into a "We're trying to do right" situation, saying they need to find a chemical solution because the asphalt is still good. :censored: 'em, you have that in place BEFORE you use the product. I'm done with TMS.

HaydenFan69 and StPeterMartyr like this.
  9. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

The fact that TMS is hosting the All Star Race this year doesn't help things either.

StPeterMartyr likes this.
  10. StPeterMartyr

StPeterMartyr

I don't know, did they think a double header could solve the problem? Found a recent interesting article, seems no one has a clue...

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/ind...llenged-by-nascar-track-enhancement-at-texas/

One thing for sure, TMS as it is now, is like a pizza with no tomato...

11. r_outsider

r_outsider

JackRyanWMU and HaydenFan69 like this.