2021 NTT Indy Car SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 291 comments
7 different winners to start the year with 4 being first time winners. The craziest part though is that none of the 7 are Penske drivers.

Also, very good showing by RLL with a 4-5-6 showing.

Roo
If Will Power didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all :indiff:

I got some serious 2016 Le Mans vibes from that, at least they got it running so he technically finished the race.

rosenqvist crash.png

Rosenqvist reported to be OK and undergoing treatment. He was extremely lucky it happened when it did, because a few seconds later he would have been on a much longer straight with a much higher speed when downshifting.

Seeing what it did to the concrete barrier, I actually he may have gone right through the concrete had the tyre barrier and belt not caught the car first. Wouldn’t want to imagine the accident if the car went directly into the concrete unprotected, would’ve possibly been Grosjean like..

Hope Rosenqvist can return for Road America, that was indeed a scary crash. Happy to see my other countryman Ericsson finally pick up his first win of course but that was brutal for Power, he was definitely robbed. I think it’s appalling that they throw a red flag for Grosjean’s minor crash near the end, should of course only be a yellow.

Very happy he is already out of the hospital, it's always pleasant when an accident looks worse than it probably was. Hopefully today is incident free and we get winner #8.

Tuned in late after the BTCC so I missed the first 19 laps, how did Grosjean end up in the low teens after starting 5th?

Edit: Now he's got a penalty for turning Harvey around :indiff:

Edit 2: Just seen a race recap, that explains it.

Last edited:
Superb news about Rosenqvist - it was a really violent crash.

Masterful driving from O'Ward at the end - if Danny Ric doesn't end up improving at McLaren I could see Zak Brown signing him before too long.

Really not Grosjean's weekend, especially considering his quali positions.

Also - so much variation in terms of winners thus far this season - very different to F1 these days!

Last edited:
I mean, the first turn incident with Dixon and Rossi was more of a racing incident. Rossi was probably the only one aware of the fact that they were going three wide. But yeah, it wasn’t a great weekend for Grosjean, or any of the rookies for that matter.

I mean, the first turn incident with Dixon and Rossi was more of a racing incident. Rossi was probably the only one aware of the fact that they were going three wide. But yeah, it wasn’t a great weekend for Grosjean, or any of the rookies for that matter.

Absolutely agree with you there, just a racing incident and no way totally apportionable to Grosjean, but he does have a knack of finding his way, wanting bits of tarmac already occupied by others.

With enough time? Sure. But qualifying 21st the first time in an Indycar on a circuit he hasn't raced on is impressive.
Yeah, he'd need some seasoning, but he's the right kind of driver for it. Never been in the car, Road America is not an easy track, his time wasn't great but it wasn't bad, did okay in the final practice as well. Doesn't sound like we'll see him much in the future, though, sounds like he's got a WEC thing going next year.

Looking forward to this round, Road America is awesome.

I think someone put a curse on Penske as this is the third race in a row they've lost a win at the very end. Great job by Palou to get the win and Grosjean for the top 5, the championship battle is shaping up to be a classic.

On a side note, watching this race on TV sucked, especially because I caught a couple glimpses of my empty camping spot. 😥

I think someone put a curse on Penske as this is the third race in a row they've lost a win at the very end. Great job by Palou to get the win and Grosjean for the top 5, the championship battle is shaping up to be a classic.

On a side note, watching this race on TV sucked, especially because I caught a couple glimpses of my empty camping spot. 😥
Cartoon anvil seems to have swung to Penske, yes. Great drive by Palou, but gutted for JNew.

Hope you make it next year, that's a race I need to get to myself someday.

Hope you make it next year, that's a race I need to get to myself someday.
I will, I just couldn't go this year as I'm also going to the NASCAR race and didn't have enough vacation time to do both (I get an extra week on my next anniversary so I can do both if I want to). And I highly recommend going to a race there, such a fun place to spend a weekend.

Latest Posts

Back