2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
The pace that Chaz’s car had run all week was insane. Holdsworth was quicker than almost everyone, including the main drivers. You could tell from the on board shots through all the sessions, that car was dialled. A thoroughly popular win in my household, and I can imagine just as popular in many others.
And the international viewers got some Australian action too, an albino kangaroo and an echidna?
Wtf

Last edited:
I’m talking about, what look like, the ghosted stars and stripes on the bonnet of the Mustang. Not the flag on top of the car.
Oh. I completely missed that. It was overshadowed by the clear flag on the roof.
On another note, both Erebus cars were found to have underweight doors in the shootout.
Holy crap. VASC has a door weight rule? Things you just don't hear about in US racing. Can't say that I've heard of any IMSA cars getting a penalty like that.

Was good that it was on freesports here in the uk live, watched from about lap 50 till the end, great racing action and the intervention of that wee akinda? something like that anyway, an aussie hedgehog I'd like too call it :)

Holy crap. VASC has a door weight rule? Things you just don't hear about in US racing. Can't say that I've heard of any IMSA cars getting a penalty like that.
I dare say these sorts of issues have been sorted a long, long time ago in the US for series like NASCAR due to the teams well known creative interpretations of the rules (balsa wood role cages is the first thing that springs to mind :crazy:). I'm not familiar with the rules for IMSA cars so I can only guess that it would be down to the cars not having to conform to centre of gravity restrictions like our Supercars series does.

Don't get me wrong here, we've had many cases of creative interpretation dating back many, many years here too, it's just come to the fore more recently because Ford did it better (and within the rules) than Holden in the recent past :sly:

I feel for both of these young blokes in this circumstance but they should think themselves lucky as it was obviously cheating on Erebus' part (I mean come on, one door on the car with a much lighter driver and three doors on the car with the heavier driver). If this had been an DJRTP car with Scott McLaughlin at the wheel or either of the T8 cars all hell would've broken loose.

Congratulations to WAU, Chaz and Lee. That was one hell of a car and some outstanding driving!

Also great to see the 6 and the 99 on the podium, respect to SVG for giving it all he had, and as per usual the list of hard luck stories was a long one. To all these people, there's always next year... AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Was good that it was on freesports here in the uk live, watched from about lap 50 till the end, great racing action and the intervention of that wee akinda? something like that anyway, an aussie hedgehog I'd like too call it :)
Echidna. It was so cool to see the drivers swerving it, and the race being yellowed for it. I've seen loads of animals being hit by race cars over the years, it's nice to see the stewards looking after the wildlife.

If the Adelaide 500 could return later in the year, when we’re less likely to be going through a heatwave, that would be great.

I mean, I’ll take what I can get. I love the event but it really takes it out of you when it’s pushing almost 40° for four days straight.

Back