2021 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

Strong pairing, I wonder which will emerge as the dominant force... I also wonder if Motorbase can offer a genuine title contending car.
They did in 2020 when Butcher was at the wheel of the Mk4 Focus (and to a certain extent, this year as well with Hill from the MB Motorsport side). Given that Sutton has plenty of FWD experience through his Clio Cup title, MG debut and brief stints in TCR, I shouldn't be too concerned about how he fares with his switch from the Infiniti.

Last edited:
They did in 2020 when Butcher was at the wheel of the Mk4 Focus. Given that Sutton has plenty of FWD experience through his Clio Cup title, MG debut and brief stints in TCR, I shouldn't be too concerned about how he fares with his switch from the Infiniti.

I think they'll be pretty evenly matched. Sutton's really had the opportunity to absolutely shine with the Infiniti, but I don't think he'll look quite as dominant outside of it. Cammish, on the other hand, might not be as great ultimately, but he's had some consistent results for Honda. Both should be in contention for the title all other things being equal, if the car's up to the job it's two top drivers in strong contention... if the car's mid-field, it's two top drivers perhaps out of contention.... as someone that wants to see Turk get his fifth, it could be a real factor...

... I'm not complaining either way. Glad Cammish is back and glad Turk has more of a chance again Sutton again!

Back