2021 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
VulcanSpirit
I might as well start this thread early with the news that Tom Ingram is leaving Speedworks after seven years. Apparently it was down to 'conflicting commercial considerations'.

Rather surprising considering how well they worked together and how much of a title threat Tingram (and the Toyotas) proved to be in recent seasons. Wonder where he will end up next or who else Speedworks will sign to drive the Corolla going forward...

Looks like Toyota want two cars in the same livery as well as more space on the car, while Ginsters want the whole car.

Revised calendar announced for the 2021 BTCC. The championship will now start at Thruxton on 8th/9th May, but 10 rounds and spectators are still on the cards.

Ask anyone who knows me. I HATE change. I don't like things I am used to being altered and/or being in a different place.

I didn't like the initial 2020 calendar that was changed for the FIFA European Football Championships. My local track (Croft) was in August IIRC. From 2002-2006 it had always been in July and from 2007 till the present day in June. Only once had it been outside of it's June and July home and in August and that was in 2001 when I started going. But then it got pushed by a further two months to October because of Covid. I was very happy to see it back to June (12/13) in the original calendar. But now it is back to being much later.

I totally get why. These are very exceptionally difficult times for all sports. Not just the competing but the organizing. Covid-19 is forcing people to massively rethink everything to cope as best they can with something alien that has ruined life.

But for a very long time us BTCC fans have had the luxury of a largely set calendar where we kind of knew which track was when. Only small alterations have been seen. I just hope next year we can get back to that. It doesn't seem the same to me.

But for a very long time us BTCC fans have had the luxury of a largely set calendar where we kind of knew which track was when. Only small alterations have been seen. I just hope next year we can get back to that. It doesn't seem the same to me.

I think at this stage, anything that has to happen to keep all the rounds on the Calendar should. Croft especially, I suspect, can't afford to loose out, and the later in the year (hopefully) the more chance of getting spectators in is. I'm less worried about the future of MSV tracks or Silverstone.

Wish someone would make a Focus for TCR. It's killing me they haven't jumped in the series. At least I can see one in BTCC.

Wish someone would make a Focus for TCR. It's killing me they haven't jumped in the series. At least I can see one in BTCC.
There was a last gen privateer Focus TCR that ran in Asia
CqVEMhrWcAAuMDB.jpg

Back