2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
I've also posted the racing schedule on the first post, along with the full rules for the series now that we are racing once more.

I have also updated the Driver Classing. For those that were unable to make it to a Pre-Season Test Session or the Mazda Touring Car race we used for classing. You have been provisionally placed in the Silver Class until we have some data from a race to your true class. So don't be worried about being out matched in Round 1. If the racing proves you belong in either the Pro or Amateur class I will move you there.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 194120.jpg

Last edited:
As promised the links to the decals.

Blancpain Number board (best version I found in the GT7 showcase)

The GTWC, Pro and AM decals curtesy of our very own @Kuraudo

The above links are to the decals a few of us have used to create our number boards.

Feel free to use them, but they are not mandatory. So long as your car has a racing number clearly on each side of the car, which decals you use are completely free.

Last edited:
The above links are to the decals a few of us have used to create our number boards.

Feel free to use them, but they are not mandatory. So long as your car has a racing number clearly on each side of the car, which decals you use are completely free.
Thanks mate, they should be mandatory in my opinion, series’ look way more tidy and professional that way. I will post the livery here when it’s done.

Both. The BoP is just for power and weight (although it does also lock the default car parts, gearbox, etc also)

The 780PP is to set the limit for tuning the carpets setup (ride height, etc).
I am confused now, are we going to be able to tune our suspension, gearbox and etc or not?

I am confused now, are we going to be able to tune our suspension, gearbox and etc or not?
So what I've learned from the Pre-Season testing is when BoP is enabled, it locks the cars power and weight.

This means that Gearbox tuning, ballast adjustment and engine mapping (the power restrictor) are all locked with no tuning available in those areas.

Likewise, you aren't able to bolt on a larger turbo or anti-lag.

However when you also have tuning turned on, suspension tuning is still available, as is the differential tuning. Meaning we can adjust any of those settings to make the cars more drivable to our driving styles and track layout.

Now given that in I believe it was update 1.24 PD have all but turned the Performance Points system off (at least when it comes to suspension tuning), the PP rule for our series might not be required anymore. But only further data from racing will give us that answer.

So to answer your question. Yes you can tune your car. However certain settings will be locked behind the BoP.

Last edited:
It's race week.

As promised an advanced weather forecast for the opening round.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221102212408.jpg

I make no promises that this race will be wet for the duration, as promised in the series regulations, only the weather for the start of the race will be determined. with the remainder of the possible weather being random (So keep an eye on your weather radar.)

Below is a preview video of the worst possible weather we will face, along with a demo of the pit lane exit (keep in mind we are using the 24 Hour layout).

I strongly suggest NOT using visible damage “ON” as on the 24h Layout of Spa numerous Leagues have been reporting pit glitch issues when using visible damage: “When a car enters the pits during race, it cannot exit, or it gets out and nobody else can see that car for a lap or for the rest of the whole race.”

Also I have two questions: Is pitlane line crossing penalty going to be on or not?

Is R08 the weather settings for the start of the race or for the beginning of the lobby? Will weather settings get back to R08 for the start of the race?

Last edited:
I strongly suggest NOT using visible damage “ON” as on the 24h Layout of Spa numerous Leagues have been reporting pit glitch issues when using visible damage: “When a car enters the pits during race, it cannot exit, or it gets out and nobody else can see that car for a lap or for the rest of the whole race.”

Also I have two questions: Is pitlane line crossing penalty going to be on or not?

Is R08 the weather settings for the start of the race or for the beginning of the lobby? Will weather settings get back to R08 for the start of the race?
That's a weird glitch. But good to have the heads up. I'll have visible damage off for this round to help avoid that issue.

As for your questions.

Yes, the pit lane penalty will be on (as will all the others).

The R08 weather will be for the start of all sessions. When the lobby is opened the time of day will be around Midday, once everyone is here I'll reset the lobby to the afternoon time of day and qualifying will run from then for 10 minutes.

Once I start the race and the countdown finishes the weather will restart back to R08 from wherever I changed to during the qualifying session.

That's a weird glitch. But good to have the heads up. I'll have visible damage off for this round to help avoid that issue.

As for your questions.

Yes, the pit lane penalty will be on (as will all the others).

The R08 weather will be for the start of all sessions. When the lobby is opened the time of day will be around Midday, once everyone is here I'll reset the lobby to the afternoon time of day and qualifying will run from then for 10 minutes.

Once I start the race and the countdown finishes the weather will restart back to R08 from wherever I changed to during the qualifying session.
Great, thanks mate!

Just another note here regarding tuning and BOP, I noticed that every-time the lobby resets, the settings of your car reset as well, so it would be nice to have 1/2 min between lobby reset and qualifying so people can go to settings and setup their car again before starting qualifying and same for the race if qualifying is done in free practice. Why? Because the game is still far from ready for Sim Racing and it’s full of rough edges.

Great, thanks mate!

Just another note here regarding tuning and BOP, I noticed that every-time the lobby resets, the settings of your car reset as well, so it would be nice to have 1/2 min between lobby reset and qualifying so people can go to settings and setup their car again before starting qualifying and same for the race if qualifying is done in free practice. Why? Because the game is still far from ready for Sim Racing and it’s full of rough edges.
Yes, I did notice that myself.

Once the lobby is reset for qualifying, it 10 minutes from there. However I'm happy to add an extra couple of minutes so everyone can ensure they have their setups on the car if they get reset.

Last edited:
Back