2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
  • 39,661 views
See you guys in a couple of hours for the final Pre-Season Test event at High Speed Ring. Remember your wets if you are coming.
 
Raptor Race Engineering Lancer breaks cover ahead of final Pre-Season Test Event.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221008005006.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221008004917.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221008004906.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221008004855.jpg
 
So it appears that PD have all but made the Performance Points system in the game a pointless waste of time. The video below will explain what I mean in greater detail.

That combined with the fact I've learned over the past couple of weeks that running BoP setting (even with tuning allowed) re-sets all the upgraded parts (ie, Racing Gearboxes, High RPM Turbos, etc) to the default ones fitted to the car from the manufacturer, I'll be removing the 780PP limit from the championship rules.

I will still retain tuning as a lot of us have worked hard on set-ups to make the cars we've chosen to drive more manageable and fun to drive (looking at you guys in the MR cars).



I'll be putting the final touches on the racing calendar regarding the dates. The venues however are as follows;
R1: Spa 24 Hour 14 Laps **
R2: Lago Maggiore - East 27 Laps
R3: Laguna Seca 27 Laps
R4: Watkins Glen Long 18 Laps
R5: Autopolis Long 21 Laps **
R6 Mount Panorama 16 Laps !

** Race will feature rain at the start.
! Race will be a time compression 24 Hour Simulation.


I also want to run a 10 lap Pre-Qualifier to finalize the Classing for the Drivers Championship at Brands Hatch GP. If I can get confirmation from everyone that they own a Mazda Roadster Touring Car as this will be a one make BoP/No Tuning race in order to level the field (in regards to car performance). This race will take place on October 21st at the usual time.

@Kuraudo @paoloevans @gtic_ybear @Sinuhe @Daddo7911 @HoonigaN96 @coyb20 @MrT17
 
Unfortunately, due to a change of circumstances I won't be available on Fridays so I have to withdraw my entry for this champsionship. My apologies to all.
 
Unfortunately, due to a change of circumstances I won't be available on Fridays so I have to withdraw my entry for this champsionship. My apologies to all.
That's unfortunate. I'll place you on the reserve roster on the off chance you can make a round or two once the dates are confirmed.
 
Maybe we do a Gr3 or Gr4 race considering that’s what we are racing the entire season?
 
Maybe we do a Gr3 or Gr4 race considering that’s what we are racing the entire season?
This race is just for classing purposes. There are too many variables throughout the gr3 and gr4 cars to give a fair reflection.

Unless we went for a one make car withi the gr3 or gr4 class.
 
This race is just for classing purposes. There are too many variables throughout the gr3 and gr4 cars to give a fair reflection.

Unless we went for a one make car withi the gr3 or gr4 class.
Could be wrong, but maybe a 1 make would be better. As some could be better than others on the TC than the Gr3
 
So it appears that PD have all but made the Performance Points system in the game a pointless waste of time. The video below will explain what I mean in greater detail.

That combined with the fact I've learned over the past couple of weeks that running BoP setting (even with tuning allowed) re-sets all the upgraded parts (ie, Racing Gearboxes, High RPM Turbos, etc) to the default ones fitted to the car from the manufacturer, I'll be removing the 780PP limit from the championship rules.

I will still retain tuning as a lot of us have worked hard on set-ups to make the cars we've chosen to drive more manageable and fun to drive (looking at you guys in the MR cars).



I'll be putting the final touches on the racing calendar regarding the dates. The venues however are as follows;
R1: Spa 24 Hour 14 Laps **
R2: Lago Maggiore - East 27 Laps
R3: Laguna Seca 27 Laps
R4: Watkins Glen Long 18 Laps
R5: Autopolis Long 21 Laps **
R6 Mount Panorama 16 Laps !

** Race will feature rain at the start.
! Race will be a time compression 24 Hour Simulation.


I also want to run a 10 lap Pre-Qualifier to finalize the Classing for the Drivers Championship at Brands Hatch GP. If I can get confirmation from everyone that they own a Mazda Roadster Touring Car as this will be a one make BoP/No Tuning race in order to level the field (in regards to car performance). This race will take place on October 21st at the usual time.

@Kuraudo @paoloevans @gtic_ybear @Sinuhe @Daddo7911 @HoonigaN96 @coyb20 @MrT17

Sounds good
 
Could be wrong, but maybe a 1 make would be better. As some could be better than others on the TC than the Gr3
That is possible, but which Gr.3 car? As we need to make sure everyone has it.
 
Whatever suits, my list is

Gr3
  • 911
  • R8
  • RX-VISION
  • Supra ‘97
  • Supra ‘18
  • WRX
  • M6
  • NSX
  • RCZ
  • Beetle
  • BRZ
  • Genesis X

Gr4
  • 155 ‘93
  • Mustang
  • SLS AMG
  • 86
  • GTR
  • M4
  • Atenza
  • 650S
  • WRX
  • TT Cup
  • Supra ‘19
  • Silvia TC
  • Genesis G70
  • F-Type
 
This race is just for classing purposes. There are too many variables throughout the gr3 and gr4 cars to give a fair reflection.
Agree. I think a slower car (Mazda TC) is the best option for this kind of testing.
 
Two questions;

1. Is Nitro banned?
2. For the Gr4 race, do we have to use the same manu?

Also new link for the Supra;

 
1. Yes Nitro will be banned. Although if there is enough interest I'm happy to host some non championship races where we can do different types of races.

2. There is no Gr.4 round this season although when we do have one you use the same Manufacturer as your Gr.3 car.
 
Will it be an issue if I can’t make it tomorrow? Or is it important?
 
Not a huge issue. This is to help get the classing structure right for the points. But also so we can have a bit of fun pre-season also.
 
Okay so details for todays racing.

Car: Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Tyres: Sports Hard (These are default with the car)
Track: Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Qualifying: 10 minutes.
Laps: 10
Weather: Afternoon with Cloudy and Warm conditions to start the race.
Start Type: Grid Start w. False Start Check
Required Pit Stops: 0
Fuel: x1
Tyres: x1
BoP/Tuning: On / Forbidden
NoS: Forbidden

With how the lobbies currently work (not having a direct Qualifying into races like in GT Sport), once everyone has arrived. I will be doing a room re-set (changing the time of day from morning to afternoon) which will reset the room and reset everyone's lap times from practice (feel free to run some laps when you get in).

Once the room resets. Qualifying will begin and run until the timer in the lower left of screen reaches 10 minutes. At this point I will be starting the race and a countdown timer will appear on everyone's screen indicating this.

At the conclusion of the Mazda race if anyone wants, we can run some other short distance races to have some fun. The top 2 drivers in each race will get to select the track and class/car we use for the next race.
 
If its oKay, Ive made an informal practice session for anyone who needs practice. Search up WGTC Practice Room

(NOW CLOSED)
 
Last edited:
If its oKay, Ive made an informal practice session for anyone who needs practice. Search up WGTC Practice Room

(NOW CLOSED)
Of course.

I have no problem with people opening up lobbies to get extra practice.
 
Okay so details for todays racing.

Car: Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Tyres: Sports Hard (These are default with the car)
Track: Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Qualifying: 10 minutes.
Laps: 10
Weather: Afternoon with Cloudy and Warm conditions to start the race.
Start Type: Grid Start w. False Start Check
Required Pit Stops: 0
Fuel: x1
Tyres: x1
BoP/Tuning: On / Forbidden
NoS: Forbidden

With how the lobbies currently work (not having a direct Qualifying into races like in GT Sport), once everyone has arrived. I will be doing a room re-set (changing the time of day from morning to afternoon) which will reset the room and reset everyone's lap times from practice (feel free to run some laps when you get in).

Once the room resets. Qualifying will begin and run until the timer in the lower left of screen reaches 10 minutes. At this point I will be starting the race and a countdown timer will appear on everyone's screen indicating this.

At the conclusion of the Mazda race if anyone wants, we can run some other short distance races to have some fun. The top 2 drivers in each race will get to select the track and class/car we use for the next race.

Sounds good. I will have to go straight after the Mazda race but looking forward to it!
 
Where can I see the season's schedule? By the way I will take the 2018 GT-R. Team name is Race Asylum.
 
Back