2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
325435880_5980778631945215_4318261530327650862_n.jpg

Okay guys, the points table is now updated to reflect the results from Round 3.
Apologies for the delay in getting this updated, however the stewards were required to review an incident from the race between cars #17 and #92.

The result of their ruling is that it was deemed a Racing Incident caused in part by some server lag that was present in the lobby on race day. As a result no penalties will be applied.

The Race Director does however recommend the following; "If there is the presence of obvious lag in the server that is affecting one or more cars, or you suspect that the car you are racing with might be affected by server lag regarding their track position as shown on your screen, you are to exercise caution when attempting an over take as the other driver may not be aware of the lag and also may not be aware that you are close enough to attempt an overtake."

From a personal view point, I do believe that the incident that was self reported by the driver of car #17 was certainly affected by some server lag that was present and I applaud the driver of the #17 for making the incident known so it could be reviewed fairly by the Race Stewards.

Okay guys, the points table is now updated to reflect the results from Round 3.
Apologies for the delay in getting this updated, however the stewards were required to review an incident from the race between cars #17 and #92.

The result of their ruling is that it was deemed a Racing Incident caused in part by some server lag that was present in the lobby on race day. As a result no penalties will be applied.

The Race Director does however recommend the following; "If there is the presence of obvious lag in the server that is affecting one or more cars, or you suspect that the car you are racing with might be affected by server lag regarding their track position as shown on your screen, you are to exercise caution when attempting an over take as the other driver may not be aware of the lag and also may not be aware that you are close enough to attempt an overtake."

From a personal view point, I do believe that the incident that was self reported by the driver of car #17 was certainly affected by some server lag that was present and I applaud the driver of the #17 for making the incident known so it could be reviewed fairly by the Race Stewards.
As the driver of car 92 I’m ok with that decision, we did discuss the incident post race and I did say I felt it was a racing incident rather than anything aggressive by car 17. Looking forward to the next race
Well said guys, again apologies Mcfc13 as I hate to ruin somebody's race no matter if lag was involved or if it was a racing incident, I really thought I could have been more patient and adequate with overtaking you, especially when I take in account the experience I have, but as they say we learn everyday. On to the next one.

Hi all, my PlayStations in for service right now, so chances are I wont be racing on Friday. Ill see what happens, fingers crossed.

Okay guys. We'll postpone the scheduled Watkins Glen round. I'll update with a new race date once we know when @coyb20 rejoin us.

If everyone else is still up for a race this week, I'd like to propose an American Muscle Car non championship event.

Cars
Chevrolet Corvette (C3) '69
Ford Boss Mustang '69
Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69

Tracks
Daytona Speedway
Road Atlanta
Laguna Seca
Watkins Glen

Format
Sports Medium Tyres
No Tuning
BoP
5 lap Sprints
Reverse Grid from previous race.

Okay guys. We'll postpone the scheduled Watkins Glen round. I'll update with a new race date once we know when @coyb20 rejoin us.

If everyone else is still up for a race this week, I'd like to propose an American Muscle Car non championship event.

Cars
Ford Boss Mustang '69

Tracks
Daytona Speedway
Road Atlanta
Laguna Seca
Watkins Glen

Format
Sports Medium Tyres
No Tuning
BoP
5 lap Sprints
I won't be racing now tonight mate. See you all for the rescheduled event 👍

Cars
Ford Boss Mustang '69

Tracks
Daytona Speedway
Road Atlanta
Laguna Seca
Watkins Glen

Format
Sports Medium Tyres
No Tuning
BoP
5 lap Sprints

I have 2 races on Saturday I could possibly take part in this if it’s on Sunday evening I think.

Back