2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Round 7: September 9th - Blue Moon Bay)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 123 comments
So...

Thank you guys! These seasons were more than awesome. Since the GTS was my only multiplayer game on my PS4 (and lets face it: offline racing is boring) I'm very thankful for this series. Thank you @paoloevans & @Raptor013

Blue Moon. I think I never raced on this configuration, so it was a very new and scary experience.
That double pirouette was awesome :D . I thought you guys will catch up after a few laps. Nope. I wasn't that fast, the track had only two braking points and the NSX has great acceleration and the "old" livery gave me +50 horsepower :D .
I hit that wall just before @paoloevans caught up with me and I was just all over the place when the damage kicked in. Thank you ghosting :D . @Raptor013 you were closing the gap so fast I didn't want any unnecessary trouble or accident so I didn't defend - you were so close, I wouldn't have a chance on the long straight.
I run 49.xxx laps, with "dead" tires low 50.xxx laps and my fuel was also very good.

Probably this was my best race ever in all of the series :) .
:gtpflag::cheers:

So...

Thank you guys! These seasons were more than awesome. Since the GTS was my only multiplayer game on my PS4 (and lets face it: offline racing is boring) I'm very thankful for this series. Thank you @paoloevans & @Raptor013

Blue Moon. I think I never raced on this configuration, so it was a very new and scary experience.
That double pirouette was awesome :D . I thought you guys will catch up after a few laps. Nope. I wasn't that fast, the track had only two braking points and the NSX has great acceleration and the "old" livery gave me +50 horsepower :D .
I hit that wall just before @paoloevans caught up with me and I was just all over the place when the damage kicked in. Thank you ghosting :D . @Raptor013 you were closing the gap so fast I didn't want any unnecessary trouble or accident so I didn't defend - you were so close, I wouldn't have a chance on the long straight.
I run 49.xxx laps, with "dead" tires low 50.xxx laps and my fuel was also very good.

Probably this was my best race ever in all of the series :) .
:gtpflag::cheers:

You certainly held your own in that one Dex. A nice send off for you on GT Sport. That last turn caused havoc for me in that race and in the end my pace was slower than yourself (you were catching me at the end).

I think we will be closer on GT7 mate. I haven't driven on it for a while and the 458 is still a bit of a handful. Will be exciting 😀

Last edited:
It certainly was a great race.

Not my best in terms of how it started (Cold tyres and a transition from a banked straight to a flat curve) meant I lost the rear of the Lancer as I went too deep (my own fault), Then seeing @paoloevans virtually mimicking my efforts as I was rolling backwards off the track, I just had to laugh.

The Infield B layout certainly doesn't suit the Lancer given its a horsepower track, and it showed in how long it took me to catch back up. Although I was surprised at how much extra fuel the Ferrari used (that cost you at least an extra 6 seconds on the Lancer).

I was thankful you didn't fight too hard @Kuraudo although I wasn't expecting you to give up the corner so easily (I was preparing for a draft run through the final corner and up the straight). But it was definitely a great showing of what you can do on your day as the chase took me a long time, and I don't remember seeing you make any errors.

@paoloevans yes, I had my most constant laps ever. I was very happy with my lap times :) . I saw the gap between us but I don't think I could overtake or catch you even we had a few more laps.
After the most recent update, they changed the MR cars handling again. They won't kill you now every liftoff but I feel like they don't turn as sharp as before.

@Raptor013 I think I had only two big mistakes in the whole race. One with damage (ouch), and one wall touch.
I stayed on the outside and tried to cause the least trouble :D . If I'm correct, I had a terrible run for that corner, you were much faster.

My first (jerk) reaction for the first corner? :D :D :D

My second reaction after the first corner?
We. Need. A. Mirror. For. The. Hood. Cam. !!!

Back