Indiana
CWM_Spirit
1639932615650.png

1639932717624.png

Official Website: https://www.indycar.com/
Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/indycar
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/IndyCar
Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/indycar/
DISCLAIMER: I am a member of INDYCAR. The viewpoints and postings on this website are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of INDYCAR. For official INDYCAR news and postings, please reference the above links to the official website and accounts of INDYCAR.

Last edited:
2022 really is looking to be a great one with even more young talent coming into the series. Plus with Iowa getting a second lease on life and Road America's date getting moved I will once again be able to attend multiple IndyCar weekends.

What's the latest on the new system of qualifying to accommodate the increased entries?

Last edited:
Conor Daly has been announced for ECR's #20 with Ed moving to a third car for Indy and possibly the other ovals.

Also, Wickens is back to racing, albeit in a Hyundai TCR.

Apparently silly season isn't quite over yet as Foyt has announced a third car (#11) with Tatiana Calderon driving the road and street courses with an unannounced driver doing the ovals.

The first race of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIES happens this upcoming Sunday on the Streets of St. Petersburg! If you're in the United States, you can catch the race on your local NBC affiliated station at 12:00pm EST.

I updated the OP to add a disclaimer in compliance with the INDYCAR social media policy.

The top 14 are all under 1 minute (probably would have been 15 had Pato not hit a wall). Rossi and Kellett (yes, that Dalton Kellett) were the 2 that broke the mark but missed the top 12.

Should be a competitive race and hopefully season, the ROTY battle should also be rather competitive.

Last edited:
Penske front row with McLaughlin on pole! I really am thrilled for Scott, after how last season went for him getting the pole is a great way to start his sophomore season.

Hopefully everyone gets through turn 1 cleanly tomorrow.

First sc of the season, that did not take long. Power’s good work is pretty much undone.

Last edited:
Thrilled for Scott, hopefully it's the first of many! :cheers:

There was some strong runs by other drivers as well which fills me with hope we're in for a great season. Grosjean seems like he will be a threat as long as he can keep control of himself, VeeKay seems to have bounced back and RLL looked decent.

Penske has done another great job with McLaughlin dominating in stunning fashion. And Chevrolet are to be congratulated with big improvements in engine drivability. A bit disappointed for Rossi and Newgarden, but Sato performed quietly but effectively as usual.

Last edited:
I was so proud for Scott McLaughlin when he won this past weekend. That was a very good race around St. Petersburg. Hard to believe how long that race in St. Petersburg has been run.

Also during the race, I was surprised hearing a name I haven't heard in a while- Tatiana Calderon. Welcome to IndyCar, Tatiana!

It was a great and memorable race in many ways. The TV ratings set an 11 year record so the sponsors must be thrilled. This may be the most unpredictable and competitive season ever!

Fans were everywhere; it was awesome! The foot traffic made it difficult to get around at times but that's just what happens with that kind of attendance.
Can attest to this. Sunday had an absolutely insane amount of people.

Still going through photos at the moment. It's tough to pick out good photos of actual racing since I could almost never get into a high-elevation position.

Ed Carpenter has confirmed he will indeed run all the ovals in a third car (#33). It's crazy to think a 30 car grid outside of the Indy 500 is actually a possibility in the not too distant future.

Also, the hybrid engine package has also been pushed back to '24.

An attempt might be made to try and create a second lane for Sundays race.

Last edited:
Back