2023-24 Formula 1 Off-Track Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 988 comments
  • 135,921 views
New drama. Stake, a gambling company which means it cannot be called Stake in certain countries, does not have a license to operate in Switzerland - the country Sauber is based in...

This could rival Rich Energy at this rate.
 
Terrible. Minimum Paint Weight rules are necessary now
 
New drama. Stake, a gambling company which means it cannot be called Stake in certain countries, does not have a license to operate in Switzerland - the country Sauber is based in...

Would be a shame if Switzerland abolished their 69 year law forbidding F1 races just to embarrass Sauber.
 
Terrible. Minimum Paint Weight rules are necessary now

What on earth? After all the teasers with camo pink livery and colour, this is what they came up with?

 
Liveries aside, is it me or does the Alpine car looks very similar to the mcl60 of last year?
 
I like the look of bare carbon fiber, but not when every team does it.
 
Terrible. Minimum Paint Weight rules are necessary now

That pink camo teaser was super exciting and now I don’t see it anywhere. It should have more paint and colors.
 
They should make a rule where certain parts of the car must be painted so they can’t just go bare carbon and call it black.
 
This exposed carbon fibre trend is getting ridiculous.
 
I like the carbon look. Let's have some more from the rest of the grid.
 
 
Two years ago:
Alonso is 40, not in a front-running car and can still body most of the grid. Give him a Ferrari and Sainz is unemployed.
Well, I was almost right. Hamilton pretty much fits the same description.

Edit: Then I found this:

It took Michael Schumacher handpicking his own staff that dragged Ferrari out of the doldrums then and I don't know whom they could possibly poach to do the same thing now. The only comparable situation that would work is if Lewis Hamilton went to Ferrari and took all of Mercedes' key technical staff with him and that isn't going to happen notwithstanding that Hamilton is approaching the final quarter of his career unlike Schumacher in 1996.
I wonder if Hamilton is bringing anyone specific with him?
 
Last edited:
I wonder if Hamilton is bringing anyone specific with him?
I've been seeing reports that Hamilton won't be able to take certain Mercedes staff with him due to an anti-poaching agreement in his contract, but honestly, with moves like this, you never know what could happen.
 
The VCARB 01 has been leaked:

20240209_073015.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think I'd rather stick with the almost totally carbon fibre liveries if this is the alternative....
 
But what value does Visa Cash App RB F1 team bring?
 
But what value does Visa Cash App RB F1 team bring?
They colour their cars in, that's already more than everyone else so far
 
I think I'd rather stick with the almost totally carbon fibre liveries if this is the alternative....
Not a chance, colour beats nothing all day long.
But what value does Visa Cash App RB F1 team bring?
While the name itself means nothing, the team has a long and storied existence in F1.
 
So if it looks like a Toro Rosso and is built by Toro Rosso...
 
Then it must be a Minardi..
Agreed!
The teams cannot police themselves. We need rules about turbostroking sponsorship names.

The old name, the founder, the location.
It's a Toro Rosso, a Minardi or a Faenza.

I wish them double DNFs every race as punishment.
 
The VCARB 01 has been leaked:

View attachment 1326613

I'd like to see the side by side shot of this car with the RB19. IMO, while the shape of the sidepods looks a little bit different, it looks virtually the same as the RB19. They also said that comes testing the sidepods and the floor edges will be different than what is shown so I'm curious.
Props to them for actually showing up in an actual livery.... definitely A for effort.
 
The VCARB 01 has been leaked:

View attachment 1326613
s-l1200.jpg


In all seriousness. It's nice to actually have a car on the grid with a nice amount of color on it. My favorite livery so far this year but the bar wasn't exactly set high with to the others.
 
Last edited:
Looks Meh.
Was it designed in a video game livery editor?
Just so meh.
This is what I was thinking too. Yes, I appreciate the colour, but it looks horrid, there doesn't appear to be any beauty in it and it looks a mess. I have found one angle it looks any good from - directly above:

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
To think, Ferrari having a plain red car is probably going to end up being the cleanest looking and most visually interesting thing this year. Provided they don't give it an ugly gradient or neon blob thinly disguising Phillip-Morris sponsorship to spoil it, that is.
 
Last edited:
To think, Ferrari having a plain red car is probably going to end up being the cleanest looking and most visually interesting thing this year. Provided they don't give it an ugly gradient or neon blob thinly disguising Phillip-Morris sponsorship to spoil it, that is.
Speaking of Ferrari, they have just presented the new firesuits for this season. They feature a lot of yellow and white details.

Having some sort of livery that resembles their LeMans Hypercar and the works 296 GT3 entries would be a nice twist.
 
Speaking of Ferrari, they have just presented the new firesuits for this season. They feature a lot of yellow and white details.

Having some sort of livery that resembles their LeMans Hypercar and the works 296 GT3 entries would be a nice twist.
Looks to me they're going for the hypercar route just by the overalls. I really hope they do.
 
Back