2023-24 Formula 1 Off-Track Thread

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 679 comments

He’s got a lame game, but also pretty inappropriate in any corporate setting and they have sponsors. You can’t have bosses doing this to assistants who worry about retaliation and keeping their job.

I don’t see how he keeps his job after this leaked if it’s real.
My wife read it and opined that if he's really lucky, Geri will allow him to keep his testicles.

New pics were allegedly sent out about 40 mins ago. My F5 button is going to fall off.

The memes at formuladank have not been disappointing

Last edited:
My take on this; he's a slimey git, yes, he's probably destroyed his marriage, but, from what I've read through in the leaks, I have to admit that there isn't much there that makes me think him being cleared of wrongdoing was incorrect. It appears to me as though they've been having an on and off affair, she's lead him on and dangled enough for him to chase and didn't seem too unhappy doing so.

My hot take? He refused to leave his wife and she's gone to HR, refused the hush money through wanting more, didn't expect him to be cleared and then leaked it herself to destroy his marriage.

Could be way off the mark and there could be more we haven't seen yet that will incriminate him beyond adultry, but I haven't seen it yet.

My hot take? He refused to leave his wife and she's gone to HR, refused the hush money through wanting more, didn't expect him to be cleared and then leaked it herself to destroy his marriage.

Could be way off the mark and there could be more we haven't seen yet that will incriminate him beyond adultry, but I haven't seen it yet.
Didn't take it to court. Didn't sell the story to the Sun or the Mail, e-mailing it piecemeal to the teams and the FIA an hour before practice and an hour before qualifying...

... there's certainly an angle being played. At this point though, I'd suggest whoever is playing stupid games, should also be receipt of stupid prizes.

It appears to me as though they've been having an on and off affair, she's lead him on and dangled enough for him to chase and didn't seem too unhappy doing so.
Aside from seemingly asking (whoever it was) several times to stop, to consider if his wife would be happy reading those messages before he sent them, and asking why she - his travelling PA who has to share flights with him - is allowed to do things he wouldn't tolerate from other people, she definitely seems like the seducer, yeah.

Assuming it to be Horner (I'm not sure that nipples have fingerprints; nippleprints?) it's kinda hard to feel too bad for Geri who appears to have forgotten the old adage that if he'll cheat with you he'll cheat on you too, but if she's going to be single I'd eat her lentils any time.

In other news:

Last edited:
Aside from seemingly asking (whoever it was) several times to stop, to consider if his wife would be happy reading those messages before he sent them, and asking why she - his travelling PA who has to share flights with him - is allowed to do things he wouldn't tolerate from other people, she definitely seems like the seducer, yeah.

Assuming it to be Horner (I'm not sure that nipples have fingerprints; nippleprints?) it's kinda hard to feel too bad for Geri who appears to have forgotten the old adage that if he'll cheat with you he'll cheat on you too, but if she's going to be single I'd eat her lentils any time.

In other news:

Of course there will always be a line and there's no doubt there were occasions he was told to stop, but given the conversation history, it's hardly surprising he would chase. She seemed more concerned about his wife than their relationship anyway.

I still don't think Horners position is tenable anymore, but there's 2 sides and neither party are innocent.

Supposedly, there has been a suggested power struggle at Red Bull itself after the passing of Dietrich Mateschicz so perhaps the F1 operation is RIGHT in the thick of that. Perhaps someone on behalf of the thai investors wanting to set up Horner and push him out (possibly alongside Helmet Marko just to completely scrub the old regime). That or its Jos Verstappen paying someone so he can get back at Horner and co after being removed from being in the paddock nearly as much (which given the drama he would himself contribute to, wouldn't surprise me)

Not saying confirmed buuuuuut, this is slightly sus. If I'm honest, Jos gives me the impression that he's a guy who hates barriers (Not the racing kind)

Last edited:

Not saying confirmed buuuuuut, this is slightly sus. If I'm honest, Jos gives me the impression that he's a guy who hates barriers (Not the racing kind)
Damn, this isn't even a case of a headline looking for clicks. He came right out & said it:
“There is tension here while he remains in position. The team is in danger of being torn apart. It can't go on the way it is. It will explode. He is playing the victim, when he is the one causing the problems.”

Then, you have pictures of him (& reportedly, Max's manager) talking to Toto in the paddock just to stir the pot even more.

Last edited:
The idea of Verstappen going to Mercedes to replace Hamilton would make F1 fandom even more unbearable than it already is and F1 Manager seem too realistic.

Looks like Jos is "backtracking" even though he's basically already said his thoughts on the matter.
“In correspondence with The Times, Verstappen Sr did not respond to the question of whether he was speaking for his son but he suggested Red Bull had no hold over him or who he spoke to…

When approached by The Times about his opposition to Horner on Sunday, Jos said: “It is better to stay quiet now. The most important [thing] is that Max has a good car and team around him and that all this doesn’t affect him too much.”

Sorry the article is pay-walled. This is the quote someone shared on Reddit.

Last edited:
Last edited:

1709574167010.png

I'll say, at this point, the off track action is so much more entertaining then the on track action.....I'd rather watch the racing but this certainly deserved a nice lounge chair and a bucket of pop corn 🤣

This is why Horner would have been forced to resign in most major corporations. CEOs have had to resign for consensual relationships with employees. It’s just going to remain a tabloid drama mess for the sport and sponsors. Verstappen is going to be endlessly asked about all this.

Last edited:
So Horner drives the car in 2025 or does Red Bull completely implode?

This is why Horner would have been forced to resign in most major corporations. CEOs have had to resign for consensual relationships with employees. It’s just going to remain a tabloid drama mess for the sport and sponsors. Verstappen is going to be endlessly asked about all this.
Considering how annoyed he's been with the sport at certain points this isn't going to help him stay. There's a lot of flotsam and jetsam at the moment but I wonder if he'd jump ship to WEC. Might be a radical thing to say but Hamilton jumped to Ferrari so who knows.

I'm enjoying tremendously the fact that Verstappen-Twitter is currently melting down into raging about how toxic Red Bull is and Horner has the most punchable face in the sport.

Welcome to the party, boys.

Heard it here first: Horner and Mazepin to HAAS

;)
You're greatly assuming we'll still even have HAAS (which given Gene's current attitude and mismatching actions, doesn't leave me with confidence).

What the hell is going on? What a wild set of events being talked about for a team that’s looking to 4-peat.

What the hell is going on? What a wild set of events being talked about for a team that’s looking to 4-peat.
And that's just on the first race weekend. Only God knows what'll happen with the remaining races left.

Last edited:
Between F1's push for the sprint race gimmick (basically, pandering to the DTS audience), the continually ballooning schedule and overall promotion that just screams "The show" with now THIS drama on top, I might be in over my head with this but I think this is the year Max quits F1. Doesn't matter that his car is good, doesn't matter that Newey has newey'd another work of dark magic to keep the whole grid at bay, doesn't matter if he even pulls off the 4 peat, this is likely the final straw for him to leave.

Also, just finding it rather intriguing that in the year where a 4th championship might happen Red Bull has yet another case of internal tension (Albeit its not with drivers this time but still). And we all know what happened the following season after that 4th consecutive championship...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back