Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,138 comments
Anyone know where I can find a list of the current BOP regs?

I haven't seen them published anywhere but I think there have been changes since GTS. I am no longer getting smoked on the straits with the WRX like I was before.

In most timings across modes I end up around 7s off the best overall. Inside 3 for Tsukuba and 4 for Deep Forest. Im assuming no one is really doing free practice?

Kinda wish I could see what fellow Alfas are getting…

K2P
About the GTWS 2022 Nations Cup in the Miata...

It says qualifying time is "7 minutes" for 7 laps... So less than a minute per lap...

But I checked the "Top 10 stars" leaderboard and the best 1-lap time in the world (right now) is 1:10.518...

Please ELI5??? Or just tell me git gud
Is it any fun if you're not within 1000 milliseconds of the top times ?

For example my best lap is 1:14
In most timings across modes I end up around 7s off the best overall. Inside 3 for Tsukuba and 4 for Deep Forest. Im assuming no one is really doing free practice?

Kinda wish I could see what fellow Alfas are getting…
In the Miata on Tsukuba I am lucky to break 1:14, my "optimal" (combo of best sectors) is 1:13.7ish. I am gonna get smoked in the real thing haha

I haven't decided which mfr to sign with for the other champ race ...

I'm on PS4 with DS4 controller using all analog stickskies for steer brake accel

Oceania top split in slot 2 aaaand game crashed at the start of qualifying. What a joke this is becoming.

I’m just about done with this game.

It’s the second time it has crashed to a black screen in the space of 24 hours. We don’t all have the luxury of trying every slot. Come on PD, stability should be the absolute minimum required to release the damn game.

Last edited:
I can't choose the Ford Mustang Gr. 3 in Manufacturer but I am still able to drive my laps in the time trial for Deep Forest.
As it is just a short season and no attractive races with around 7 minutes, I just choose the Ford GT and drive around for knowing whether to buy this car for 1.000.000 Credits or not.
Is it the same with BMW, where you can not choose the Z4 GT3?

Looking forward to the manufacturers, AMG Gr.3 at Deep Forest is my kind of bag.

I can't choose the Ford Mustang Gr. 3 in Manufacturer but I am still able to drive my laps in the time trial for Deep Forest.
As it is just a short season and no attractive races with around 7 minutes, I just choose the Ford GT and drive around for knowing whether to buy this car for 1.000.000 Credits or not.
Is it the same with BMW, where you can not choose the Z4 GT3?
There’s only 1 car to choose from on each manufacturer and class, and the gr.3 mustang or Z4 didn’t make the cut.

Full list below in the below thread.

Entered slot 1 of Nations in Oceania. Saw familiar faces I hadn't seen in a while, and we lost a person to the disco ball. Qualified p6, raced to p4 for 160 points and had a pretty good race. People falling back into GTS physics in the heat of battle and it seems to have caught a few people out. Some catching their slides, some not. Despite the worries of lag my lobby seemed pretty good. But from what I hear that was unusual as disconnects and crashed lobbies appear to be the norm.

I got 2nd in one of the races but got no points?!? I don’t understand

Do they points take a while to upload or is my game glitching, like normal lol

While not an issue for this short test season, I am worried about car maintenance affecting performance over a long season. I have already had to change oil on my loaner car after a handful of practice and races in online lobbies.

IMO the loaner cars should be completely excluded from the whole GT Auto environment. And they should give us all the tire compounds, too.

I got 2nd in one of the races but got no points?!? I don’t understand
Where are you looking for your points? Did the game show you points before leaving the lobby?

In GTS your points wouldn’t update on the leaderboard until all sessions in your region was complete.

If you look at your podium icon for Nations, it may show your points for the race but not added to your grand total yet.

While not an issue for this short test season, I am worried about car maintenance affecting performance over a long season. I have already had to change oil on my loaner car after a handful of practice and races in online lobbies.

IMO the loaner cars should be completely excluded from the whole GT Auto environment. And they should give us all the tire compounds, too.
I was just thinking about that this morning. I used my loaner to complete Menu Book 39 and racked up over 100 miles. Am I going to have to change the oil?
I guess it’s a lease not a loaner and we are still responsible for maintenance….the car only comes with one set of tires which may mean we will have to purchase the rest (RM, RS, IW, and HW). Hopefully there no weather during the test season….

Aaand suddenly I realize why I was constantly losing time to other cars on the straight at Tsukuba… It’s both irritating and comforting at the same time.

Like the idea of using the same car for an entire championship, not so much 4 short races at the same track. But it’s early days.

Have low expectations for stability, online is a disaster in GT7 so far. 3 for 6 for disconnections in sport mode so far. But if it works it might be fun.

Has anyone done nations and seen if wings (and the downforce they provide) are allowed? Since that’s a disappointing oversight since they’ve even banned brake bias otherwise.

Last edited:
Entered slot 1 of Nations in Oceania. Saw familiar faces I hadn't seen in a while, and we lost a person to the disco ball. Qualified p6, raced to p4 for 160 points and had a pretty good race. People falling back into GTS physics in the heat of battle and it seems to have caught a few people out. Some catching their slides, some not. Despite the worries of lag my lobby seemed pretty good. But from what I hear that was unusual as disconnects and crashed lobbies appear to be the norm.

Yes, I was in that first slot race with you. Got as high as 12th, before dato got turned at the hairpin. The back of his car came around a tagged mine, as I tried to go around him (he ghosted right after that) after that I was a sitting duck for all the mayhem from the back markers.

Slot 2 went much better, will be posting my replay in the morning.

It's not about oil changes. What about chassis rigidity? Engine rebuilds? The cars lose HP as you use them. That is wrong for eSports.
I will get back to you once I know how long you can go before those things are an issue. Oil changes seem to happen every 300-400 kilometers for race cars, which is quite frequent but again they're only 400cr. If you can race a full length (normal) season before fixing the rigidity and you can race several full length seasons before swapping the engine I will say that it's probably not a big deal.

If you have to swap engines every two races... yeah that's bad.

What are the Europe slots like? I mean at what hours are they running?

If I remember correctly I couldn’t join FIA races because they were at times I wasn’t at home. Can I join other regions’ slots?

What are the Europe slots like? I mean at what hours are they running?

If I remember correctly I couldn’t join FIA races because they were at times I wasn’t at home. Can I join other regions’ slots?
European time slots for the test season are 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 UTC.

Yes, you can race in another region if you have a second account tied to that region.

European time slots for the test season are 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 UTC.

Yes, you can race in another region if you have a second account tied to that region.
I don’t. Is the psn region that counts or can I change that in game?

I don’t. Is the psn region that counts or can I change that in game?
The PSN region governs. You cannot change your region in-game. To race in a different region you must have a different PSN account.

The PSN region governs. You cannot change your region in-game. To race in a different region you must have a different PSN account.
Thanks for the clarification. That sucks. I guess I’ll have to create a new account and bring it to book 9 if I ever want to partake in those races.

I will get back to you once I know how long you can go before those things are an issue. Oil changes seem to happen every 300-400 kilometers for race cars, which is quite frequent but again they're only 400cr. If you can race a full length (normal) season before fixing the rigidity and you can race several full length seasons before swapping the engine I will say that it's probably not a big deal.

If you have to swap engines every two races... yeah that's bad.
Purely anecdotal but I have clocked up over 3500km in my Tomahawk S VGT, you are correct in that oil degrades after 300-400 kilometers and turns "bad" after about 700-800.

I noticed Engine status and body rigidity change from "Excellent" to "Normal" after I want to say 2500km?? I'm not entirely sure as I wasn't focused on tracking it, I did change it after 3000km and it was still reading "Normal". (<- This sentence reads poorly, status returns to "Excellent" after changing, It had not yet turned "bad" or "poor" when I made the change.)

How exactly this will play out with actual race cars and the exact nature of the wear and degradation is something I will pay more attention to, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Back