• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Glendale, Arizona, USA played host to Super Bowl LVII; and in that game, the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 38-35. The Kansas City Chiefs then celebrated back home to a parade. Every team wants that moment- make it to the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl. The 2023 quest to the Vince Lombardi Trophy is what this thread is about. Super Bowl LVIII will take place on February 11, 2024 in Paradise, Nevada, USA at Allegiant Stadium. Want to make it to Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas? Better go all-in and all-out.

Everything from offseason management moves to the Super Bowl celebration are all fair game for discussion. So let's discuss the 2023 NFL season and all of its nuances!

If your team needs a quarterback, Carson Wentz is now on the market! C. Wentz was let go by the Washington Commanders today.

Derek Carr is closing in on becoming the new quarterback for the New Orleans Saints. A 4-year deal is in the works for about $150M USD for the ex-Raiders QB.

Bears have traded the #1 pick to the Panthers.

Sucks to lose DJ Moore but I don't think Carolina gave up too much for the the pick and it'll be worth it to finally have a halfway competent QB. :lol:

Last edited:
Bears have traded the #1 pick to the Panthers.

Sucks to lose DJ Moore but it'll be worth it to finally (well, maybe) have a competent QB in Carolina.

Will it be Stroud or Young? I can't wait for the draft.

Jerome

Las Vegas Raiders fans, get to know your new quarterback- Jimmy Garoppolo! Jimmy G signed with LV today to a 3-year, $67.5M USD deal. Hopefully this sparks something for the Raiders after years with Derek Carr.

1678910988430.png

Yep. New York Jets fans, get to know your new quarterback- Mr. Aaron Rodgers. That's right- R-E-L-A-X.

Don't forget- the 2023 NFL Draft starts this Thursday! Hopefully your favorite team(s) have their needs filled with new talent.

Huge news. I'm glad he's out of the NFC :lol: Now I may actually watch a couple Jets games cause that Defense is pretty good. But will they beat the Bills 🤔 Does the NFC have any other elite QBs besides Jalen Hurts now?

Jerome

Last edited:
At the top of the hour, it's the 2023 NFL Draft! Hopefully your beloved team(s) get the draft help they need. Let us know who your team(s) picked up in the 2023 NFL Draft.

I didn't see all of the 2023 NFL Draft, but the Houston Texans got themselves C.J. Stroud (QB, Ohio State). Then, I heard we traded up to get Will Anderson, Jr. (??, Alabama).

Getting CJ Stroud is a great pickup for the Houston Texans. While I don't want to say anybody is an upgrade over Davis Mills, Stroud seems to be someone who can bring the Texans back to being contenders, or even help give the Texans a brighter future. Time will tell whether this completely turns around the Texans and make them less of a clown show.

Continue to enjoy the 2023 NFL Draft!

Last edited:
John, Stroud was the best QB in the draft. The Texans should be significantly better.

Miami got Achane in round 3, which is awesome. Not sure what the Bears are doing by not picking Jalen Carter, but Philly seemingly hit the jackpot and should be just fine when their veterans on the defense retire.

Last edited:
Here's how the Houston Texans did in the 2023 NFL Draft (SOURCE: CBS Sports HQ):

• CJ Stroud (QB, Ohio State)
  • Will Anderson, Jr. (EDGE, Alabama; TRADE)
  • Juice Scruggs (C(?), Penn State; TRADE)
  • Nathaniel "Tank" Dell (WR, Houston; TRADE)
  • Dylan Horton (EDGE, TCU; TRADE)
  • Henry To'oto'o (LB, Alabama; TRADE) <<< surname pronounced "toe-oh-toe-ooh"
  • Jarrett Patterson (IOL, Notre Dame; TRADE)
  • Xavier Hutchinson (WR, Iowa State; TRADE)
  • Brandon Hill (DB, Pittsburgh; TRADE)

Getting CJ Stroud was the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully this becomes a catalyst for change after successive seasons of lackluster play. Demeco Ryans (a former Texans player) seems to be a guy who knows what he's doing trying to turn around the Texans. In fact, if we do better this season, I'll even refer to the Texans as the "Turnaround Texans."

I was actually excited when Lovie Smith became coach of the Houston Texans, but I was disappointed at how the team ended up. Maybe this puts an end to the Texans clown show/amateur hour status.

My condolences go out to all who have known and loved one of the all-time greats in the National Football League, Jim Brown. He died today at the age of 87. He was a champion on and off the football field. Jim Brown is an absolute legend.

My condolences go out to all who have known and loved one of the all-time greats in the National Football League, Jim Brown. He died today at the age of 87. He was a champion on and off the football field. Jim Brown is an absolute legend.
Was about to post the same.

Ryan Mallett, who has played for seven years in the NFL has died from drowning in a Florida beach (according to reports) yesterday. He was 35 years old at the time of his passing. Among the teams R. Mallett has played for was my Houston Texans. I offer my condolences to all whom have known and loved Ryan Mallett.

Perhaps you can frame it as Goodell trying to bury the news under the news of the sale, but I'm choosing to read Dan Snyder's fine as the NFL owners making sure to kick him in the ass on the way out the door.

GTPlaneteers! Are you ready for some football? Tonight is the first game of any kind this 2023 season of the National Football League. We got the Hall of Fame Game tonight! It will be Blitz24's New York Jets vs. the Cleveland Browns. A lot of hype is going on about the Jets, so maybe this will be a first look at the J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets! as they take on the Cleveland Browns. This game will be on NBC at 8PM Eastern Time.

Remember- this is part of the Preseason. None of these preseason games matter; just try to get everybody going and keep your players as refreshed as possible.

Other than that, enjoy all of the Preseason action!

None of these preseason games matter; just try to get everybody going and keep your players as refreshed as possible.
Burrow was already carted off last week with a calf injury of some sort. If it doesn't heal up soon enough, then that will be 3 years in a row he hasn't been 100% healthy at the start of the season. Hadn't fully recovered from the ACL/MCL/insertCL injury from the previous season two years ago. Emergency appendectomy last year. The good thing is it doesn't seem to faze him. Dude is tough. :D

NFL Preseason action continues tonight! A couple of games are on tap tonight, followed by more games to be played between tonight and Sunday. Here is what is coming up for tonight:

• HOU Texans at NE Patriots
  • MIN Vikings at SEA Seahawks

Win or lose, this is all about keeping your players healthy and ready for the regular season. You obviously want your team(s) to win. This is just to loosen up and prepare teams for the upcoming season. It also means teams will try to keep their best performers and let go of certain players who don't perform so well (or put them on the Practice Team). Any way, get ready for the upcoming season!

It was 20-9 as the Houston Texans defeated the New England Patriots tonight. Houston turned the ball over twice, yet still managed to find the end zone quite a few times. The next game for Houston will be at home hosting the Miami Dolphins on Saturday afternoon next week. I think I'm going to like Tank Dell a lot. He will be a great addition to the receiving game for Houston.

Since DeMeco Ryans is defensive-minded, I want to see how the Texans' defense does this season. Will they be improved? Or will they have the same defense as Swiss cheese? We shall see...

Last edited:
Cleveland at Pittsburgh last night ended in an 18-18 tie.

The 2023 NFL Preseason continues on starting tonight. My Houston Texans will host the Miami Dolphins tomorrow, but here are tonight's matches:

• CAR Panthers at NYG Giants
  • CIN Bengals at ATL Falcons

Enjoy the Preseason!

The Houston Texans got wrecked today. They lost 28-3 hosting the Miami Dolphins in NFL Preseason game No. 2. The Texans' final Preseason game is at the New Orleans Saints on August 27.

The Houston Texans got wrecked today. They lost 28-3 hosting the Miami Dolphins in NFL Preseason game No. 2. The Texans' final Preseason game is at the New Orleans Saints on August 27.
Demeco Ryans has a lottt of work to do. Drafted guys looked pretty good but it's gonna take another 2-3 seasons for Houston to fully bake. Made Skylar Thompson look like Brett Favre.

Omnis, while I do feel good about the Houston Texans this season, I don't think they'll be dominating. At best, this team is maybe two or three seasons away from being more of a contender. The realistic long shot would be the Texans win an AFC Wild Card berth this season.

Something tells me the 2023 Texans will probably win seven games this season. That would mean we win more games this season than we did the previous two (4-13 in 2021, 3-13-1 in 2022). We haven't had a winning season since the NFL went from 16 regular season games to 17 regular season games. The last true winning season for Houston was in 2019 (10-6). Maybe (and hopefully) the Houston Texans can be surprisingly good and be ahead of schedule. Otherwise, I'll believe the hype when I see it.

As for your Miami Dolphins, Omnis, do your best in the AFC East trying to suppress the hype over the Bills and Jets.

Heads up!

ESPN has a Monday Night Football preseason game with the Baltimore Ravens at the Washington Commanders. So be sure to tune into ESPN if you want to see some Preseason football tonight!

I was used to have a GamePass season Pro account, but this year I have no money to put in it.
Any advice about free material (podcast, social, video, news sites, ...whatever) to follow the upcoming season available in Europe?

Back