2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Not a big fan of the enduro rule because it lowers the strategic element in the enduro racing that makes it so exciting to see playout just for more meer brute force spectacle but it isn't a deal breaker and just a minor peeve

Oh wow, I’ve been walking past that display on the way in and out of the track. Got far more enjoyment out of it than the big custom car display near by (although that Super Bee was a sight to see).

Oh wow, I’ve been walking past that display on the way in and out of the track. Got far more enjoyment out of it than the big custom car display near by (although that Super Bee was a sight to see).
Yea, as a Japanese car guy I personally prefer the Zs. I have to give the guys in the enclosed marquee (next to the open one) credit though. Seriously high end builds with insane attention to detail. The longer you look at them the more impressive they get.

Cool to see an E30 in TCM(still, weird though). Too bad it just got t-boned. :(

Edit: What is going on out there? Bowe gets turned around as well.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the enduro rule because it lowers the strategic element in the enduro racing that makes it so exciting to see playout just for more meer brute force spectacle but it isn't a deal breaker and just a minor peeve
You may have missed this ;)... and yes, I don't think strategy should be removed either.

And apparently ******** according to Barry Ryan. He said in this (time stamped) interview that it was discussed but the commission didn't approve it.

Are SpeedCafe slowly turning in to the old Auto Action (Auto Fiction) or something? So many times this year though... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Edit: I was wondering whether Herrero from Speedcafe was becoming the new James Phelps but it seems as though Speedcafe got their information from The Daily Telegraph (I can't find the story though). Doesn't Phelps write for The Daily Telegraph?

Last edited:
I know Betty Klimenko has been hands off with the team for awhile but it's quite an amazing story for the team to enter 10 years ago with an experiment that didn't work (cool looking cars out of it but), drivers constantly left in pursuit for better teams to try and get better shots at the championship. However they picked themselves up, expanded and got better each time to now win the Teams Championship and have a winning driver win the Drivers Championship.

Congrats to Kostecki too, the first non T8 GM winner since 2007 with Garth Tander and the first non factory backed GM winner since I think 1994 unless Gibson was factory backed back then.

I’m not sure if we’ll see Cam Hill out for the race. Great lap from Payne. Disappointed that Shane’s 15th for his last race. This weekend is going similar to his last weekend in the sport back in 2012. Now he just needs to hit the medical car.

Overall for this year, the championship season was pretty good. But hopefully it’s gonna be a hell of a lot better next year.

Same, I do hope they get the cars right from the opening round and no big problems like this year.

Highlight for me was, of course, Round 1. The parity stuff just about killed it for me, until the Tim Edwards news.

Overall for this year, the championship season was pretty good. But hopefully it’s gonna be a hell of a lot better next year.
Yeah, just going off the last couple of rounds. Can't help but think of what could have been, with more than two teams in contention for race wins. Hopefully this is a sign for what is come to for next year. Just a shame that we'll have to wait so long between races.

Yeah, just going off the last couple of rounds. Can't help but think of what could have been, with more than two teams in contention for race wins. Hopefully this is a sign for what is come to for next year. Just a shame that we'll have to wait so long between races.
^^ This, 100% ^^

Although, if I'm honest, I think the Mustang was a little too good in the end.

But still, any time you can knock off Triple 8 is a hell of a feat so congratulations to Brodie and Erebus... and young Matthew Payne, that was a great drive!

Bring on next year!

Back