Australia
Corneria City
Orbital_Goat
Repco.png

Grid
TeamCarDrivers
Red Bull Ampol RacingChev Camaro#97 Shane Van Gisbergen#88 Broc Feeney
Dick Johnson RacingFord Mustang#11 Anton De Pasquale#17 Will Davison
TickfordFord Mustang#5 James Courtney#6 Cameron Waters#55 Thomas Randle#56 Declan Fraser
Walkinshaw Andretti UnitedFord Mustang#2 Nick Percat#25 Chaz Mostert
ErebusChev Camaro#9 Will Brown#99 Brodie Kostecki
Brad Jones RacingChev Camaro#4 Jack Smith#8 Andre Heimgartner#14 Bryce Fullwood#96 Macualey Jones
Team 18Chev Camaro#18 Mark Winterbottom#20 Scott Pye
Grove RacingFord Mustang#19 Matthew Payne#26 David Reynolds
Matt Stone RacingChev Camaro#34 Jack Le Brocq#35 Cameron Hill
PremiAir RacingChev Camaro#23 Tim Slade#31 James Golding
Cooldrive Racing.Ford Mustang#3 Todd Hazelwood
RoundDateVenue
110-12 MarchThrifty Newcastle 500, Newcastle Street Circuit, NSW
2March 30-April 2Beaurepaires Melbourne 400, Albert Park, Vic
328 -30 AprilPerth SuperSprint, Wanneroo Raceway, WA
419-21 MayNED Whisky Tasmania SuperSprint, Symmons Plains International Raceway, TAS
516-18 JuneBetr Darwin Triple Crown, Hidden Valley Raceway, NT
67-9 JulyNTI Townsville 500, Reid Park Street Circuit, QLD
728-30 JulyBeaurepaires Sydney SuperNight, Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW
818-20 AugustOTR SuperSprint, Tailem Bend, SA
915-17 SeptemberPenrite Oil Sandown 500, Sandown International Motor Raceway, VIC
105-8 OctoberRepco Bathurst 1000, Mount Panorama, NSW
1127-29 OctoberBoost Mobile Gold Coast 500, Surfers Paradise Street Circuit, QLD
1223-26 NovemberVALO Adelaide 500, Adelaide Parklands Circuit, SA

Last edited:
Can't tell from my phone, are there Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang, next to each driver's name or team?
Ah, yeah. Good shout.

Edit: Tell me if that looks any better.
I must admit to looking forward to seeing Ford Mustang next to WAU! (Sorry for your loss @Spacegoat :()
Somewhat at terms with it now. It would be different if Falcons were still around. As much as the commentators will try and hype it, Camaro v Mustang will never have the same connection to people as Commodore v Falcon did.

And if a Ford team has to win, I'd rather it be Walkinshaw than anyone else. Only problem is that I now have no one to go for on the GM side. :lol:

Last edited:
Team 18? Charlie seems to be a good bloke, and SP and MW are both decent fellas. I've always had a soft spot for this team.
Yes they are a good team and I totally expect them to contend for podiums, if not wins next year.

Last edited:
Team 18? Charlie seems to be a good bloke, and SP and MW are both decent fellas. I've always had a soft spot for this team.
Yeah, that's not a bad call actually. I did really rate Pye when he was at Walkinshaw and Frosty does seem like a nice bloke. It's a bit thin on the GM side now outside of T8. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not a bad call actually. I did really rate Pye when he was at Walkinshaw and Frosty does seem like a nice bloke. It's a bit thin on the GM side now outside of T8. :lol:
Brodie and Will are a pair of decent and talented lads also IMHO. It's just a bit of a shame that Barry Ryan shoots his mouth of now and then, but I do like how he sticks up for his guys, and I do like their 'underdog' status as well. Maybe worth consideration as well.

And then there's BJR that have a history of doing well straight out of the gate whenever a new generation of car is introduced. They just need a better group of drivers. They haven't really got anything bar Andre.

Brodie and Will are a pair of decent and talented lads also IMHO. It's just a bit of a shame that Barry Ryan shoots his mouth of now and then, but I do like how he sticks up for his guys, and I do like their 'underdog' status as well. Maybe worth consideration as well.
Barry Ryan makes it a little hard to support Erebus. Maybe though, because I do like Will Brown.

BJR. For every one good race they have, they seem to have about a dozen bad ones. They'd have to be just about the unluckiest team ever.

Last edited:
BJR. For every one good race they have, they seem to have about a dozen bad ones. They'd have to be just about the unluckiest team ever.
Couldn't even bet on them for crashing out. Bookies would show you the door.

I'm getting nervous about the first round. If Ford win the weekend, I can see AB saying there's been an oversight and adjusting the numbers. If Camaro wins the weekend, AB will say the Parity is spot on.

I'm getting nervous about the first round. If Ford win the weekend, I can see AB saying there's been an oversight and adjusting the numbers. If Camaro wins the weekend, AB will say the Parity is spot on.
So I'm not the only sceptic then :lol:.

Just hoping for a proper close championship battle. We haven't had one of those since, what. 2018?

Last edited:
Just hoping for a proper close championship battle. We haven't had one of those since, what. 2018?
That had me on the edge of my seat but it was only 2 drivers. Imagine if we had 5 going for the title...

Anyway I have a lot of things to say about the new era of Supercars:

-I very much see Team 18 like RCR in NASCAR - with the Gen 7 car, RCR went from a fringe playoff contenders to a team capable of making a proper run at the title. Tyler Reddick won 3 races and Austin Dillon won 1, and if it wasn't for some seriously bad luck Reddick would've made it to the Final 4. With Kyle Busch coming over from JGR, that team will be dangerous in 2023. Now I know things are a bit different at Team 18 but I feel as though they're in a similar position and will benefit from the rule change.

-The young guns have a huge opportunity to prove themselves. Thomas Randle, James Golding, Todd Hazelwood, Will Brown and Bryce Fullwood are 5 drivers that we should be paying close attention to in 2023. We know they have talent and lot of them have placed their bums in a wide variety of machinery, but they've otherwise struggled to maintain consistency in the main game of Supercars. With a new car that promises close racing, I expect these guys to step up and antagonise the veterans.

-Nothing is carried over from the Gen 2 cars and based on what I've been told, it's like "another category" that will place more reliance on mechanical grip and the driver. I don't think drivers like Shane Van Gisbergen will be able to run off and hide in the same way due to the reduced number of setup options. If you're off the ball, you'll probably be at the back and struggling to survive in an angry pack. HOWEVER with that said, those teams who go for a less aggressive setup to preserve tyre life could be handsomely rewarded at the end of the day. Engineers will have their hands full trying to find an advantage.

-There will be more beating and banging of panels. At the Team 18 Open Day, Charlie basically said that there'll be more damaged panels as a result of more aggressive driving. When the field is brought closer together, more emphasis is placed on the driver to deliver the results and that's sure to bring out some fierce competition. Everybody knows that Gen 3 is a new game and each will see a chance to get their elbows out and show who's boss. Watch your back, Shane.

Who saw this coming? T8 must have someone big in line to replace him, can't imagine that they would have let him walk otherwise.

Tander back to WAU to reunite with Percat? Can't see him in a Ford but stranger things have happened.

Edit: Sounds like GT made the decision to leave. Retirement maybe?

Last edited:
Just a bit(well, more than a bit) of bad news for the new circuit. They're finding puddles of water under the road surfaces and having to dig up and compact those spots. Trouble is, even those spots aren't meeting compaction specs.

Next door is a private track for MG owners. That track is built on a hill. With CI, they're digging down a bit.
Doesn't look like there will be a target time in the near future.

To add, with the recent Newcastle Street circuit yet to be renewed, it's up in the air what's the next venue. Newcastle has changed a lot since the last race. It's no Adelaide, but itd be a shame to be dropped. Really has a Monaco vibe. Even moreso with new buildings and redone neighbourhoods. Plenty of cafes now for sure.

This is good. Nice to see Walkinshaw back in the development series.

Just a shame that they couldn't poach Zach Best away from Tickford to drive alongside Zach Bates in the ZB's. :dopey:

Good news for Erebus. I'd been wondering what was going to happen there and apart from being Camaro's, they should look good. ;)

In all honesty, I'm not really a fan of the looks of either of the Gen 3 cars. Give me the Falcon and Commodore (a real one :sly:) any day.

I know there were Coca-Cola Commodores a d BMWs(Diet), but Coca-Cola should be on a Mustang. ;)

Might happen anyway, with teams running same sponsors. :sly:

Back