2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
With the investment they've already made, I can't see them pulling out now.
You'd be surprised. Projects like this tend to be the first to go when a new administration wants to look better than the previous. If new management comes in at Audi who wasn't responsible for that spending, they could and would quite quickly sweep it under the rug and use it to brag about how they're saving money by eliminating unnecessary spending.

Audi quitting will keep alive my favourite running joke in Formula One; Volkswagen constantly rumoured but not actually being in F1. Make it happen.

Audi quitting will keep alive my favourite running joke in Formula One; Volkswagen constantly rumoured but not actually being in F1. Make it happen.
VW in F1 will probably mean a lot of cars falling apart.

It would be in character for VAG though. I do hope they make it otherwise the sportscar withdrawal will look utterly dumb.

It would be a stupid thing for Audi to get out of F1 now.
This rumor pops up every few months now. It feels like these are started by a rival manufacturer to dissuade their people from moving to Audi.

Last edited:
This rumor pops up every few months now. It feels like these are started by a rival manufacturer to dissuade their people from moving to Audi.
Yeh, people will go there for the money even if it's only going to last a few years before bean counters logically cancel the project. Success like Toyota factory effort likely?
I personally don't see the value to associate the brand with the farce that Fl is currently - and the last few rule changes have been a disaster, I can't imagine the rule makers are suddenly going to get the next regulations much better... but maybe "it can't be any worse"... hahaha

Latest Posts

Back