2024 Gr.1/Gr.3 Sat Night Endurance League, Next Race 5/4, High-Speed Ring 410 km, Open 7pm Qualifying 8pm Race 8:30pm All US Eastern TimeOpen 

Hey guys I opened a little early. Gr3 make sure to check that your light covers are yellow before entering. Also rain is possible make sure you have wet tires.

18e02913ec567-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e0291a50936-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 6 Results

Gr.1 Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Race Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Gr.3 Results

Pole Award: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Race Winner: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Fastest Lap: OCR_GUI_JOSA

Next Race

3/9, 7. 1 Hour of Lago Maggiore
Race Details
Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP Forward, 1 Hour Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1 Points Payout

Last edited:
Hey guys round 7 is this Saturday. The 1 Hour of Lago Maggiore. This is the first of the track vote races from last season. You may have noticed I have not posted points. This is because I discovered a flaw in the catch-up system I need to look into. Next week is an off week. So I may just wait and do it next week. I'm not feeling well which symptoms already include a headache. So last thing I want to do is a bunch of math and brainstorming.

Last edited:
hope you are feeling better soon.

I was wondering if you thought about doing a discord server for your league?
Nope yet but, thanks. As someone who is experienced dealing with illnesses. I honestly I still have no idea what I'm actually sick. It's mostly been a intense headache with some dizziness when untreated, throat congestion, and some little fatigue. Hasn't progressed besides that for a few days.

I don't really have the money to run my website for this league. If that's what you mean. Nor I am good enough with computers to how to setup something like that up. Honestly I have need of a PR guy. Since I've figured out over the course of my life so far. That my real life charisma rating is not very good.

I don't really have the money to run my website for this league. If that's what you mean. Nor I am good enough with computers to how to setup something like that up. Honestly I have need of a PR guy. Since I've figured out over the course of my life so far. That my real life charisma rating is not very good.
Discord server isn't a physical server you would pay for. That being said, I don't know all that is involved in having a community there. It was just a thought mostly because the other 4 leagues I have been a part of are there.

I would be up for that but I don't want to anger anyone else eirher
It would be ok with me if it is postponed. Cold Warrior's health is the important thing.
I do still plan on hosting round 7 at Lago Maggiore this Saturday. Unless for some reason I get dramatically worse. Unnecessary moving the race may effect someone else ability to attend. I also would like to watch the 12 hours of Sebring myself. Sport car racing is in an upswing right. The new Hypercar Prototypes have drawn in a low of Manufacturers.

I wish to remind everyone that this weekend is US Daylight Savings clock changes. Yes I hate it too. Anyways if you live somewhere that doesn't practice Daylight Savings or doesn't change on the same day as the US. Our lobby times will be 1 hour earlier for you.

Next Race

3/9, 7. 1 Hour of Lago Maggiore
Race Details
Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP Forward, 1 Hour Race, Late Morning Start, Time Change x6, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain No, Tires Required RH RM, Tires x8, Fuel x4, Fuel At Start 97%, 15 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1 Points Payout

Last edited:
Discord server isn't a physical server you would pay for. That being said, I don't know all that is involved in having a community there. It was just a thought mostly because the other 4 leagues I have been a part of are there.
I don't really know much about Discord. I'm a surprisingly unplugged person for my age. GT Planet is pretty much the closest I come to social media. Which I more or less use to present my GT league info. Of which I only joined GT Planet initially out of necessity for a friend's now defunct league on April 30th, 2018.

Last edited:
I don't know really know Discord. I'm a surprisingly unplugged person for my age. GT Planet is pretty much the closest I come to social media. Which I more or less use to present my GT league info. Of which I only joined GT Planet initially out of necessity for a friend's now defunct league on April 30th, 2018.
Social media is going to prove to be the downfall of civilized humans.
Just sayin.

Last edited:
Social media is going to prove to be the downfall of civilized humans.
Just sayin.
Reading my own writing helps answer question why my charisma is so low. Can't say social media is my first bet for an apocalypse. I'm betting on either nuclear or robots.

Last edited:
I don't really know much about Discord. I'm a surprisingly unplugged person for my age. GT Planet is pretty much the closest I come to social media. Which I more or less use to present my GT league info. Of which I only joined GT Planet initially out of necessity for a friend's now defunct league on April 30th, 2018.
No problem, I don’t know much about it or how it works really only just got there about the same time I joined your league on here.

Do what you are comfortable with and what you feel fits your needs the best. It was just a thought albeit a bit of a self serving one.

I can only imagine what it takes to do one of these leagues, I started thinking about what one would be like if I did one. And I came to the conclusion it would take at least 2-3 others willing and able to help with the background and fine day to day details. So I have quickly put that to the way way back burner.

No problem, I don’t know much about it or how it works really only just got there about the same time I joined your league on here.

Do what you are comfortable with and what you feel fits your needs the best. It was just a thought albeit a bit of a self serving one.

I can only imagine what it takes to do one of these leagues, I started thinking about what one would be like if I did one. And I came to the conclusion it would take at least 2-3 others willing and able to help with the background and fine day to day details. So I have quickly put that to the way way back burner.××w÷
The paperwork digital or not is the worst part about running a league for me. Dealing with multiple players and multiple personalities once can be pretty challenging too. Especially when you have to be referee. While trying to be as unbiased as possible. While Fastone371 helps out a little but, he can't change anything on forums. So help is limited.

I actually got stuck running 2 leagues at once for about a 1 year and a half. Which that happened is a bit of a long story. So I don't feel up to that much typing right now.

Last edited:
18e2725ff739-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 7 Results

Gr.1 Results

Pole Award: TheColdWarriors
Race Winner: TheColdWarriors
Fastest Lap: TheColdWarriors

Note: Car Change Policy Applied: TheColdWarriors receives no points or a win credit for round because of car change.

Gr.3 Results

Pole Award: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Race Winner: OCR_GUI_JOSA
Fastest Lap: OCR_GUI_JOSA

Note: Car Change Policy Applied: p1p_squeek11 receives no points for this round because of car change.

Next Race

3/23, 8. 310 km of Nurburgring Endurance
Race Details
Nurburgring Endurance, 13 Laps, 310.2 km (192.7 mile), Race Reduced to 12 Laps (285 km) if Gr.3 Only, Late Morning Start, Time Change x8, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Tires Required None, Tires x6, Fuel x3, Fuel At Start 89%, 2 Laps Qualifying Race, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1.5 Points Payout, Qualifying Race Grid Set By Points

GR.1 Points Standings
Position. PSN ID, Points Total, Wins
1. TheColdWarriors, 62 pts, 1 Win
2. fastone371, 54 pts, 1 Win
3. Michel-QC_21, 50 pts, 1 Win

GR.3 Points Standings
1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 214 pts, 6 Wins
2. DusanMandic9, 42 pts
3. Michel-QC_21, 37 pts, 1 win
4. poolshark3436, 37 pts
5. Ace5920, 28 pts
6. fastone371, 28 pts
7. p1p_squeek11, 27 pts
8. SHOFAST, 27 pts
9. TheColdWarriors, 23 pts
10. iismoke_DOPE, 4 pts

I've finished fixing up the standings. Yes there are 3 ties. Tie breakers determined by best finishes. We are off next week. Enjoy the 12 Hours of Sebring and Nascar Truck race at Bristol. Next round is on Sat 3/23. A 310 km race at Nurburgring Endurance layout. The round will feature a 2 lap qualifying race instead of the GT Group Qualifying. Because I determined it would take less time to do qualifying with this method. Qualifying order set by points.

Catch-up System

The Catch-up System is handicap system designed to help full-time drivers catch up from missed races due life events. Without the needing to using a race eliminate system. This handicap is points payout increase of 0.5 extra on your standard points score. The Catch-up bonus will accumulate until you have caught up for the number of race you are behind or until you are within 1 point of 3rd place. Drivers in the top 3 standings are not eligible for catch-up bonus. Drivers must run at least 50% the races in their class in order to be eligible for catch-up system bonus. Catch-up bonus will not apply or maybe removed should the driver not run enough races to be eligible for catch-up bonus.

Note: Due to the changes too the catch-up system. Since I don't can't miss races due to me being the only host. I've given myself a slight negative handicap. Yeah handicapping myself maybe I'll go saw off my own leg too.

Last edited:
Hey guys 9 days until our next race at Nurburgring Endurance. This is the first moderate distance race of the season. While the race is intended about 90 minutes. Decided run this as a lap race. As a salute to the 1983 1000 km of Nurburgring. The last time I'm away prototypes raced on the Nordschleife.

Next Race

Race Details
Nurburgring Endurance, 13 Laps, 310.2 km (192.7 mile), Race Reduced to 12 Laps (285 km) if Gr.3 Only, Late Morning Start, Time Change x8, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Tires Required None, Tires x6, Fuel x3, Fuel At Start 89%, 2 Laps Qualifying Race, Corner Penalties Strong, Wall Penalties None, Pit Line Penalty On, Contact Penalty On, x1.5 Points Payout, Qualifying Race Grid Set By Points

Hey guys 6 days until the 310 km of Nurburgring Endurance.

You may have noticed I mentioned about the 1983 1000 km of Nurburgring race. Here's some racing / Nurburgring history. Owners of the Nurburgring determined in the late 70s that the Nurburgring was becoming too dangerous modern racing. Especially for the higher categories. F1 already moved to another venue in the mid 70s. And venue was at risk of losing other international events.

The owners initially looked at updating the original track but, was determined to be way too expensive to update track enough what was the standard. So plan B was to build a new track and a new pit complex. Which would be become to Grand Prix course. Construction on the GP course began in 1981. Starting with portions that could be built within old rarely used South Loop of original track.

By the end of the 1982 season. The portions of the GP course that could be built without destroying the original track were completed. A bypass and a makeshift pit line where built so that the North Loop (Nordschleife) could host racing in 1983. Up until this point the North Loop was now setup to be used by itself. While the old pit complex and portions of the South Loop were destroyed. So construction on rest of the track and pit complex could be completed for the 1984 season.

The 1983 1000 km of the Nurburgring part of the now defunct FIA World Sports Car Championship (WSC) a predecessor to the current FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC). The 1983 race was the last time that I know of that anything above GT class cars raced on the old North Loop. This race was also when the official race lap record of North Loop and is still arguably held to this day. A lap time 6:25.91 by driver Stefan Bellof in Group C Porsche 956. Lap record setting car would crash out of race on lap 17 of 44 lap race. While sister car would go on to win race. Sadly this driver would die about 2 years later from wreck at Spa.

Anyways while we won't be racing that exact layout. Those in the Gr.1 class will get to experience prototypes on the old Nurburgring North Loop in race conditions. Which hasn't happened in real life since that race in 1983. As of for how they drive the track. First of all if I had to pick out of the 4 racing classes in GT7. I personally find the Gr.3 class cars the most difficult to on the old track. That's right the class full of the highest performing cars allowed to race on the old North Loop.

I find the Gr.3 in the weird place where they don't produce enough downforce to keep that 500 hp glued to the bumpy old surface. While Gr.4 produce less downforce they also don't have a lot of power to fight. As for the Gr.1 and Gr.2 classes. While they are faster both faster that Gr.3 cars. They also both produce a lot more downforce. Allowing these cars to stay glued to the race through the many many mid and high speed turns of the Nurburgring Nordschleife. That said racing Gr.1 and Gr.2 cars here is a different story. Making passes with the pace of these cars on the bumpy and very narrow is nerve-racking. Also be careful very careful of how you hit the high curbs. Both Gr.1 and Gr.2 cars don't like being unglued from the track and will punish you for it.

Only 3 days at round 8 at the Nurburgring Endurance layout. This is the first moderate distance race of season. Estimated 1 hour 35 minutes if dry the full race. Yes rain is possible this round. I recommend not getting stuck out on drys but, easier said than done on at track this long. The end of race will go into the late twilight stages but, it can't fully dark for layout. Tuning for the Nurburgring can be difficult. I recommend focusing on handling first. As Mistakes be extremely costly.

Oh another interesting fact about the Nurburgring is the that old track and the new track are paved with different pavement mixtures. The Nordschleife is paved with an older higher grip less abrasive pavement. This is way track has surprisingly low tire wear. Despite the long very technical layout of over 150 turns. This pavement reported to difficult to keep tire temperatures up. While the GP course is paved with a modern race track that is easier to keep tire temperature up. The pavement is less grippy and more abrasive

Next Race

Race Details

Last edited:
Hey guys about a day and half until round 8 on the Nurburgring Endurance. Qualifying for this round will be determined by a 2 lap sprint race. The qualifying grid will be set by points. Any new drivers will start at the back of their class.

So you mean unless anyone crashes that starting spots will be determined down the long straight.
I determined it would far less time consuming to have us qualify this way. Otherwise I would to provide everyone with enough time to be able to spread out. And I to take the long out lap into account. Which I believe Gr.3 are over 8 minutes a lap.

Gr.1 Points Standings
1. TheColdWarriors, 62 pts, 1 Win
2. fastone371, 54 pts, 1 Win
3. Michel-QC_21, 50 pts, 1 Win

Gr.3 Points Standings
1. OCR_GUI_JOSA, 214 pts, 6 Wins
2. DusanMandic9, 42 pts
3. Michel-QC_21, 37 pts, 1 win
4. poolshark3436, 37 pts
5. Ace5920, 28 pts
6. fastone371, 28 pts
7. p1p_squeek11, 27 pts
8. SHOFAST, 27 pts
9. TheColdWarriors, 23 pts
10. iismoke_DOPE, 4 pts

Last edited:
Hey due to the long lap times of this race track. I decided to open early. To allow for some extra practice. Oh, I must reminded everyone. I take into to account fuel that would be burned to take the start. You'll start both races 11% short on fuel. Likely you'll be a lap short for your first stint.

Back