• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 66 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
The Kansas City Chiefs celebrated a Super Bowl win in Super Bowl LVIII. In fact, they are now back-to-back NFL Champions, the first time since the New England Patriots of 2003-2004. The Chiefs are clearly the team to beat. Who will go to New Orleans to play in Super Bowl LIX next year? We even got games to be played in three different continents this season and a few countries this season.

Could the Texans make a push to finally get to the AFC Championship game and maybe have a chance at the Super Bowl? Could the Bengals put together a solid season and return to the Super Bowl for the first time in a few years? Will the Detroit Lions be the NFC representative in Super Bowl LIX? How about the Miami Dolphins perhaps going for a Super Bowl run? Could either or both of New York City's teams (Jets and Giants) have a shot at playing for a title? Can the Carolina Panthers make a surprising run? Can San Francisco try to run it back and make a Super Bowl run? Could any team I didn't mention among GTPlanet favorites become Champions? Or... will Kansas City make it a three-peat?

No matter who your favorite team(s) are, ANYTHING can happen. My Houston Texans in 2023 are a prime example- from no expectations to contender in the course of just one season. What drama and surprises could 2024 bring? Everything from off-season moves to the hoisting of the Lombardi Trophy is fair game for discussion with this new season of NFL football. Any news regarding this upcoming season is also fair game for discussion here. Want to discuss the NFL Draft or the Combine? That's all good here as well between now and Preseason.

So if you're ready, let's discuss the 2024 NFL season! GO!

So yeah, shooting at the KC victory parade. One dead, 22 injured as of now
That's awful. There is video of a guy tackling someone that was running with the group, and a loose gun flew off his person as he was tackled. I don't know if this was just an armed bystander or the shooter, or one of many shooters, but if the latter then the guy that made the takedown is a hero. Many more could have gotten hurt is this was a coordinated attack.

Got $255.4M USD? That is a $30.6M+ USD jump, if I heard correctly. That's the projected salary cap for each team in the NFL right now. That's a lot of coin to try to sign or keep players on your team. How will your beloved team(s) use that salary cap?

Aw. Beat me to it. I was going to report on Russell Wilson to be released. Some team who needs a starting QB (or a decent 2nd or 3rd string QB) may want to look into Russell Wilson.

[OMISSION] In a different story, best wishes to Jason Kelce in his retirement. He is retiring after 13 seasons and making the Pro Bowl a number of times. I guess to carry on the Kelce namesake in the NFL now is Travis Kelce.

Last edited:
Aw. Beat me to it. I was going to report on Russell Wilson to be released. Some team who needs a starting QB (or a decent 2nd or 3rd string QB) may want to look into Russell Wilson.
He's signing with my Steelers. Only taking a 1 year contract at barely a million dollars to keep the Broncos on the hook for most of his $40 million salary - major bad blood there and we play them this year. Even the older version of Wilson that didn't succeed in Denver is still an upgrade on the stiffs we've been running out there the last few years. New system and OC this year as well.

He's signing with my Steelers. Only taking a 1 year contract at barely a million dollars to keep the Broncos on the hook for most of his $40 million salary - major bad blood there and we play them this year. Even the older version of Wilson that didn't succeed in Denver is still an upgrade on the stiffs we've been running out there the last few years. New system and OC this year as well.
It's going to be amusing if the game where the Steelers play the Broncos ends up ending the Broncos playoff chances.

Well, the Dolphins have just undergone a major talent exodus. Guess we'll be drafting nothing but linemen this year.

Going from Cousins to Darnold is certainly not the way to excite the fanbase. Probably still better than paying Kirk nearly $200 million.
Oh, definitely. Paying a 35-year-old who's coming off a blown Achilles is not the best move. I get why Atlanta did it, though. Desmond Ritter isn't a QB1.

I'll be curious to see how Jefferson reacts to all of this, he can't be overly happy and he's on the last year of his contract. He's probably going to need to see some vast improvements on the horizon for the team or otherwise he's probably going to leave.

Maybe a sign of how much confidence the Steelers have in Wilson and Pickett - we just signed a punter to a multi-year deal.
Ravens may be getting Derrick Henry - this division is getting so hard and then you make the playoffs and get Chief'd.

The Cincinnati Bengals shipped off Joe Mixon. And last I heard, he got traded to my Houston Texans. Mixon's been a solid player for Cincinnati in his time there. I hope he can bring that same energy to the Texans. Remember- it was not too long ago the Bengals made the Super Bowl, and Mixon was on that team. I'm not saying Mixon will help the Texans make the Super Bowl (let alone get to the AFC Championship Game first), but there is promise in this regard.

It will be interesting seeing where other free agents end up.

My Jets signed Tyrod Taylor to the ARod's backup. Some Maybe they will just cut Zach Wilson and eat his salary? We'll see. I like the pick up of Taylor and hopefully they can get a development QB. The Panthers must have sucker written on their heads (or least David Tepper does) They traded Brian Burns to the Giants for 1 a 2nd & 5th rd pick with the option to swap that pick. The Giants pick 141 or 142 and the panthers have like 140 in the 5th round. So for the 3 best players CMC, DJ Moore, Brian Burns & 2024 No.1 pick they got Bryce Young and bunch of picks! Reportedly the Rams offered 2 No.1s for Brian Burns in 2022 and they turned it down. You can't make this stuff up. That said they did get some oline help for Young still need a pass rusher and receiver

kjb
My Jets signed Tyrod Taylor to the ARod's backup. Some Maybe they will just cut Zach Wilson and eat his salary? We'll see. I like the pick up of Taylor and hopefully they can get a development QB. The Panthers must have sucker written on their heads (or least David Tepper does) They traded Brian Burns to the Giants for 1 a 2nd & 5th rd pick with the option to swap that pick. The Giants pick 141 or 142 and the panthers have like 140 in the 5th round. So for the 3 best players CMC, DJ Moore, Brian Burns & 2024 No.1 pick they got Bryce Young and bunch of picks! Reportedly the Rams offered 2 No.1s for Brian Burns in 2022 and they turned it down. You can't make this stuff up. That said they did get some oline help for Young still need a pass rusher and receiver
Taylor might end up starting if the ridiculous rumors of Rodgers looking to be VP for RFK Jr. end up happening.

Taylor might end up starting if the ridiculous rumors of Rodgers looking to be VP for RFK Jr. end up happening.
Yeah I saw that a few minutes ago. Stuff like that is why I didn't want the Jets to get him the 1st place. He had been injured at some point the last few seasons he was with GB and before he decided to come to the Jets he wanted to host Jeopardy so the political stuff is not surprising

kjb
Yeah I saw that a few minutes ago. Stuff like that is why I didn't want the Jets to get him the 1st place. He had been injured at some point the last few seasons he was with GB and before he decided to come to the Jets he wanted to host Jeopardy so the political stuff is not surprising
This would 100% be a Jets thing to happen. We'd lose our QB who chooses to be a politician instead.

Let me ride the pitty party fellas! :lol: We let Saquon walk (to Philly of all god foresaken places), let McKinney walk, we sign Drew Lock (never heard of her). We get Brian Burns who I don't know anything about, I guess he is alright, but I'd rather keep McKinney. And we get Singletary, who is just alright.

Our offense with our horrible O line is gonna be so awful this year, we have no wideouts, Waller is flaky AF right now, our QBs are subpar and our run game will be on par with our "air attack". Daboll is already coaching for his job after two season. FML.

I think the only thing we have going for us is our interior D could be elite, (our LB and CBs not so much) and we earned that #6 pick this year :lol:

Jerome

Last edited:
The Houston Texans traded for Joe Mixon of the Cincinnati Bengals. As of the time of this post, they also signed Danielle Hunter (Danielle pronounced "de-neel"). D. Hunter is a linebacker from the Minnesota Vikings. He's also a Houston-area boy, so he will be coming home. The four-time Pro Bowl selection helps the already feisty Texans defense even more so. The 2024 NFL season looks promising for the Texans building off of last season.

Last edited:
Steelers tradition of dumping prima donna receivers continue - Diontae Johnson shipped off to the Panthers. He's pretty good when he's not dropping the ball, refusing to block, quitting plays and moaning about targets. Don't know much about the cornerback we're getting in return but anyone is probably an upgrade on the ghost of Patrick Peterson we had last year.

We also signed a LB from the Ravens, adding to (I think) the most expensive defence in the league. Putting the QB savings to good use.

Big needs now are a center, a new WR and probably some more help on both lines.

I was going to mention that, Darla Starch. Aaron Rodgers... for Vice President? I heard a lot of what "First Things First" on FOX Sports 1 had to say about this. Like, you can't be a Vice President and (hello!) the quarterback of an NFL team at the same time. That would be quite the juggling!

The most Jets thing in the world would be Aaron Rodgers leading the team to a #1 seed after an undefeated season only to retire right before the playoffs to be the VP, thus having the Jets get blown out in the second round.

Let me ride the pitty party fellas! :lol: We let Saquon walk (to Philly of all god foresaken places), let McKinney walk, we sign Drew Lock (never heard of her). We get Brian Burns who I don't know anything about, I guess he is alright, but I'd rather keep McKinney. And we get Singletary, who is just alright.

Our offense with our horrible O line is gonna be so awful this year, we have no wideouts, Waller is flaky AF right now, our QBs are subpar and our run game will be on par with our "air attack". Daboll is already coaching for his job after two season. FML.

I think the only thing we have going for us is our interior D could be elite, (our LB and CBs not so much) and we earned that #6 pick this year :lol:

Jerome
Burns is a good DE. The Rams were reportedly willing to give up 2 No.1 picks for him in 22. He's a good edge rusher and the Giants got for a bag of beans 🤣 . At least your QB is thinking about running for VP 🤣

Aaron Donald: I'm retiring.
Literally Every Other NFL Team:
1710529467675.png

What.A.Legend. #FBHOF

Jerome

Last edited:
Back