2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 66 comments
The Houston Texans unveiled their new uniforms today. This was the work of fan input in trying to put together a new look and new identity for the Texans. This video basically encapsulates the hustle and character of Houston with the new Texans uniforms:

Personally, I like these new Houston Texans uniforms a lot. The numbers and fonts appear sharper and more edgy but not overaggressive. The stylized "H" looks great while having some hints of Oilers blue. I am not blown away by the new uniforms, but I strongly like the new uniforms. So I'm going to give this an "A" or at worst, an "A-".

The NFL Draft begins tomorrow night. My Houston Texans won't be making picks until Friday. Now for some new uniform talk.

People here in Houston are still raving over the new Houston Texans uniforms. I seen a number of videos breaking down each uniform and all of their details. The Texans claimed they've had literally thousands of fans discuss what they wanted to see in making the new uniforms for the past two years. Not saying this as a homer, but I think the Texans have perhaps the best newer uniforms of all teams that changed things up, and now I'm even more excited for the 2024 NFL season to start seeing the new Texans threads.

Elsewhere regarding uniforms...

* I think the New York Jets got some nice new uniforms. Green is not my favorite color (blue is), but I tend to like the dark green of the Jets as much as I do the green for the modern Philadelphia Eagles.

* My Texans aren't the only surging NFL team of late- another on-the-rise team is Joey D's Detroit Lions. Detroit's newer uniforms look okay to me, though. I wasn't really blown away on the newer style.

* Most of the ones people did not like as much are the newer Denver Broncos uniforms. However, their "Orange Crush" throwbacks from the 1970s are very cool.

If any of you seen the newer uniforms, what do you think about certain uniforms unveiled by teams lately?

From Detroit, the 2024 NFL Draft begins TONIGHT! The lives of many a college football player who declared for the Draft will be in for this life-changing event. Who will go where? Be sure to watch to see what players get drafted and to what teams starting tonight.

I was hoping we'd take a flyer on JJ/Penix, but it was obvious we'd get a WR since we let Saquon walk and we (incorrectly) gave DJ lots of money. This receiver isn't going to do much good because A) No O Line B) No more Saquon/run game and C) DJ's ceiling has been reached. I bet we'll get an even better draft spot next year! :lol:

Jerome

QB is by far the most important position, so maybe Atlanta is ahead of the game in having 2 starters ready. Cousins isn't exactly an ironman.

My Steelers took a tackle for the 2nd year running, which is very boring and also the absolute correct thing to do. Sort out the blocking now and then figure out the QB situation, so whoever we go with long-term has some chance of staying upright. We had no chance of getting a franchise guy this year anyway.

The 1st rd was very interesting. I would have preferred that the Jets took Bowers but I have no problem with them taking an Olineman especially since Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season in a couple of years. I don't understand why Buffalo basically hand the Chiefs Xavier Worthy. That's all Mahomes needs a Tyreek Hill type receiver.

Back