Orbital_Goat
repco-png.1213368

TeamCarDrivers
Red Bull Ampol RacingChev Camaro#87 Will Brown#88 Broc Feeney
Dick Johnson RacingFord Mustang#11 Anton De Pasquale#17 Will Davison
TickfordFord Mustang#6 Cameron Waters#55 Thomas Randle
Walkinshaw Andretti UnitedFord Mustang#2 Ryan Wood#25 Chaz Mostert
ErebusChev Camaro#?? Jack Le Brocq#99 Todd Hazelwood
Brad Jones RacingChev Camaro#8 Andre Heimgartner#14 Bryce Fullwood#96 Macualey Jones#12 Jaxon Evans
Team 18Chev Camaro#18 Mark Winterbottom#?? David Reynolds
Grove RacingFord Mustang#19 Matthew Payne#?? Richie Stanaway
Matt Stone RacingChev Camaro#10 Nick Percat#4 Cameron Hill
PremiAir RacingChev Camaro#23 Tim Slade#31 James Golding
Cooldrive RacingFord Mustang#?? James Courtney#?? Aaron Love

1Bathurst 500Feb 23-252 x 250km
2Melbourne SuperSprintMar 21-244 races
3ITM Taupo Super400Apr 19-212 x 200km
4Perth SuperSprintMay 17-192 x 60min
5betr Darwin Triple CrownJun 14-162 x 60min
6NTI Townsville 500Jul 5-72 x 250km
7Beaurepaires Sydney SuperNightJul 19-212 x 200km
8Ned Whisky Tasmania SuperSprintAug 16-182 x 60min
9Penrite Oil Sandown 500Sep 20-22500km
10Repco Bathurst 1000Oct 10-131000km
11Boost Mobile Gold Coast 500Oct 25-272 x 250km
12Vailo Adelaide 500Nov 14-172 x 250km

Last edited:
What's even more pointless than having a round as a support category at the Qatar GP? Why, having only half the grid fly over for a "demonstration".

It's no wonder RACE lost money last year.

Last edited:
This is surprising. Jaxon Evans confirmed at BJR, to fill Jack Smith's old ride.

Think Zak Best must have run over a black cat, not to be able to get a seat these past couple of years.

Last edited:
This is surprising. Jaxon Evans confirmed at BJR, to fill Jack Smith's old ride.

Think Zak Best must have run over a black cat.
It’s a shame for Zak, but I do like this signing. Because the team is already aware of his ability which was really impressive in the enduros. I reckon he’ll do alright next year.

Supercars seem pretty happy with the wind tunnel testing.

A couple of things I've found interesting from the whole series of videos is that the Camaro also seems to have a pitch issue (not as bad as the Ford's though) and now it's been resolved on the Ford they're able to fix the Camaro. The other thing is that in fixing the issue I'm worried they'll have (slightly) more front downforce and it seems as though the Camaro is getting a wider rear wing element, probably to match what the Ford has on the rear now.

So possibly slightly better front DF and slightly more rear DF? Kinda feels like a step in the wrong direction, but if they're equal it has still got to be better than the 2023 season.

Supercars seem pretty happy with the wind tunnel testing.

A couple of things I've found interesting from the whole series of videos is that the Camaro also seems to have a pitch issue (not as bad as the Ford's though) and now it's been resolved on the Ford they're able to fix the Camaro. The other thing is that in fixing the issue I'm worried they'll have (slightly) more front downforce and it seems as though the Camaro is getting a wider rear wing element, probably to match what the Ford has on the rear now.

So possibly slightly better front DF and slightly more rear DF? Kinda feels like a step in the wrong direction, but if they're equal it has still got to be better than the 2023 season.

I’m hoping this works. We can’t have a repeat of this year.

Think Zak Best must have run over a black cat, not to be able to get a seat these past couple of years.
It’s that FPR/FPV/Tickford thing. I do t know if Best won a Championship, but same thing happened to LeBrocq and Jacobson.

Supercars is in serious trouble now that the Camaro has been killed off. Things have to change if this series is to survive because management isn't doing enough to ensure a sustainable future. Take the manufacturers out of the picture because they'll always try to preserve their own self-interests instead of doing what's best for the sport. Supercars has to be become a spec series where all the engines, chassis, gearboxes, suspension, brakes and electrical components are the same, with the only difference being the body shells. Supercars should be about entertainment, not road relevance because that hasn't been a thing for years. This whole manufacturer rivalry is a load of rubbish and it has to be ditched NOW. Place more emphasis on the teams and drivers because that will draw in the crowds, the sponsorship and the money. Enough politicking, it's time to make this series a proper show.

I totally surprised the Super Ute series is still alive. I loved the initial concept and then it went some other way. Since they swapped to the V8, lowered the ride heights and they look a bit more sporting, Supercars should be looking at how that happened.

As for the current wind tunnel testing and how close they're working to at least get 2024 in a better position, guess we'll see what they do for the future car of the future.

I can’t wait for when he and Shane battle it out on track over there. That’s certainly one thing we’ll miss next year with those two battling out on track.

Supercars is in serious trouble now that the Camaro has been killed off. Things have to change if this series is to survive because management isn't doing enough to ensure a sustainable future. Take the manufacturers out of the picture because they'll always try to preserve their own self-interests instead of doing what's best for the sport. Supercars has to be become a spec series where all the engines, chassis, gearboxes, suspension, brakes and electrical components are the same, with the only difference being the body shells. Supercars should be about entertainment, not road relevance because that hasn't been a thing for years. This whole manufacturer rivalry is a load of rubbish and it has to be ditched NOW. Place more emphasis on the teams and drivers because that will draw in the crowds, the sponsorship and the money. Enough politicking, it's time to make this series a proper show.
As @05XR8 has been saying for years, MARC Cars, and I tend to agree. Especially with the new MARC GT being a lot more suitable.

We've still got at least two years (possibly three) of the Camaro left though as I'm pretty sure GM are going to build at least one special edition in 2024, and it's pretty common to go one year past production ending... sometimes two.

As @05XR8 has been saying for years, MARC Cars, and I tend to agree. Especially with the new MARC GT being a lot more suitable.

We've still got at least two years (possibly three) of the Camaro left though as I'm pretty sure GM are going to build at least one special edition in 2024, and it's pretty common to go one year past production ending... sometimes two.

Just to add a bit about the characteristics of the MARC GT. The part how Nash Morris describes the car.
It would work if all else fails for Supercars.

Anyway, if Supercars get the Gen3 car right, maybe a generic shell could still fit over the chassis.

Anyway, if Supercars get the Gen3 car right, maybe a generic shell could still fit over the chassis.
The problem I can see with that is the price. You could get a complete turnkey MARC GT for far less, but that was one of the biggest mistakes with this whole Gen 3 deal... cost!

Hopefully GM come up with something suitable before the ''used car lot'' occurs or Supercars and NASCAR could well be screwed.

The problem I can see with that is the price. You could get a complete turnkey MARC GT for far less, but that was one of the biggest mistakes with this whole Gen 3 deal... cost!

Hopefully GM come up with something suitable before the ''used car lot'' occurs or Supercars and NASCAR could well be screwed.
Surely the Chevy Trax will have enough headroom for the tall drivers. Plus, the name fits for racing on circuits. :sly:

I just posted a pic, in a GT7 thread, of the 2024 Honda Super GT entry. If Super GT have the confidence to run a hot hatch as its main entry into its biggest race series, I think Supercars will be fine to run anything.

All that matters, are drivers being able to have back and forth battles, for positions, on track and not during pit stops.

I’m a fan of this idea. NZ should be the only fly away events for the category.
What, a 12 car demonstration in a Qatari car park isn’t interesting enough for you?

The 'possibly' has turned into a definitely.

Seems like the Camaro is getting a significant boost in downforce. I hope they're getting this right :nervous:

Mentioned more than a few times, stop dialling it up and dial it back.
Agreed, but seeing as they don't seem to want to change the tyre characteristics, I'm okay with it as long as it helps with tyre life so they can actually race rather than always having to conserve. That 💩's getting old real fast.

Agreed, but seeing as they don't seem to want to change the tyre characteristics, I'm okay with it as long as it helps with tyre life so they can actually race rather than always having to conserve. That 💩's getting old real fast.
I agree. Hate the racing to a number for that sake. Don’t think there are anymore surfaces like the old Perth.

This isn’t Toyota 86s or Excel or MX-5 Cup, but I wish V8s would go back to that close racing at each event.

This should be every race.

Supercars always late with an updated article.
It's not that they're late, it's that they don't exist.

A little bit of official info goes a long way and just might get them out from the 'hiding information behind closed doors' hole they've dug for themselves.

It's their series, they need to promote it.

It's not that they're late, it's that they don't exist.

A little bit of official info goes a long way and just might get them out from the 'hiding information behind closed doors' hole they've dug for themselves.

It's their series, they need to promote it.
That too.

Back