2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 224 comments
Didnt even realise Wendy's exist in Australia, at least the Burger joint. I know about the Ice Cream Wendy's :P
We don't have the burger chain yet. It's slated for next year I think, but there's ongoing arguments with Ice Cream Wendy's (and awful hot dogs) about the name.

New Zealand has the burger chain Wendy's though.

The news and events leading up to why sponsors left Erebus is bad.
From last year when Will and Brodie were thinking of leaving and while Will was striking a deal. Supposedly Barry Ryan was leaving the team and then staying. Someone was going to fill a position to handle tension between Brodie and Barry.
Brodie wanted out, but Erebus were reportedly giving him. A choice to race for Erebus or can't race for any team in 2024.

More to the story, but I had enough.

It’s a very hectic little track, Winton like. Overtaking will be super hard, every corner that you’d think is a heavy braking zone instead has really shallow entries so their braking right through the corner.

The news and events leading up to why sponsors left Erebus is bad.
From last year when Will and Brodie were thinking of leaving and while Will was striking a deal. Supposedly Barry Ryan was leaving the team and then staying. Someone was going to fill a position to handle tension between Brodie and Barry.
Brodie wanted out, but Erebus were reportedly giving him. A choice to race for Erebus or can't race for any team in 2024.

More to the story, but I had enough.
It just sucks. No question that Brodie will leave at the end of the year. And I reckon was sort of forced to come back otherwise they were gonna sue the hell out of him. Which is just wrong.

It’s a very hectic little track, Winton like. Overtaking will be super hard, every corner that you’d think is a heavy braking zone instead has really shallow entries so their braking right through the corner.
Tyre wear will be major this weekend. So it’ll interesting to watch… hopefully.

Not sure accurate my iPhone weather app is, but rain looks almost a certainty tomorrow.

Now that Erebus are ‘back to normal’ (pfft), they really need to update their livery. It looks so amateur, and just looks like a visual representation of their complete disaster that last few months have been. The TFH Hire logo is pretty terrible as is, so it doesn’t make it easy, but they could easily drum up something better than they’ve got.

Not sure accurate my iPhone weather app is, but rain looks almost a certainty tomorrow.

Now that Erebus are ‘back to normal’ (pfft), they really need to update their livery. It looks so amateur, and just looks like a visual representation of their complete disaster that last few months have been. The TFH Hire logo is pretty terrible as is, so it doesn’t make it easy, but they could easily drum up something better than they’ve got.
Yeah I agree. The trans am cars look pretty good. But you could tell they just threw the logos over where the Coke logos would’ve been.

Is 12 really a bad number of Rounds? You can compare it to NASCARs whopping 36 but thats an anomaly.

Compare it to over national premiere events, Super GT only have 8, BTCC only has 10, IMSA only has 11 and not everyone races each race as it depends on Class. Indycar only really has 15 since 2 of the "17" are shared weekends. We are quite generous with 12 especially when 2 of them are Endurance races. 14 probably the most I would take it

Last edited:
Anyone else bewildered by the lack of a penalty for the pit lane contact on Saturday when Reynolds was clearly released straight into the path of Matt Payne?

Taupo-Supercars-pit-lane-incident-Race7-1024x682.png

I do vaguely remember an incident where T8 got away with blatant contact because it wasn't in the fast lane. Is that now what's set the precedent? If so, that's appalling... and seriously dangerous.

Pretty good racing though, and much better than I was expecting on that track.

... And 14 or 15 rounds for my money. I'm in the 12 isn't enough camp.

Last edited:
Anyone else bewildered by the lack of a penalty for the pit lane contact on Saturday when Reynolds was clearly released straight into the path of Matt Payne?

View attachment 1349017

I do vaguely remember an incident where T8 got away with blatant contact because it wasn't in the fast lane. Is that now what's set the precedent? If so, that's appalling... and seriously dangerous.

Yeah that was like how it was at Phillip Island when they all came in under safety car. But yeah that was really bad.

View attachment 1349017

Craig Baird's take on this incident is interesting to say the least. He says there were too many cars that had small breaches... so the answer was not to penalise the car/team that caused all of the other cars to have small breaches? Interesting, but ******** in my opinion.

Craig Baird said ''One car moved slightly forward which didn't allow one of the Penrite cars to come in''. I would've thought that constituted an unsafe release and was the trigger for the whole incident :confused:. Without that happening the zipper effect could've taken place and no-one else would've been forced to breach any rules. Team 18 were just too eager to not impede their second car that they impeded everyone else, that's all.

They have come up with some sort of solution to double stacking though. Two laps of 80kph speed limited caution laps so one car can pit the first time round and the second car on the second time round. It works but time certain finishes could possibly occur more often with the extra lap at 80kph... and they're yet to figure out what will happen at Bathurst because of the length of the lap.

Source: https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/podcast-race-control-supercars-dsa-explains-the-calls/ (at about 12:35 in)

Craig Baird's take on this incident is interesting to say the least. He says there were too many cars that had small breaches... so the answer was not to penalise the car/team that caused all of the other cars to have small breaches? Interesting, but ******** in my opinion.

Craig Baird said ''One car moved slightly forward which didn't allow one of the Penrite cars to come in''. I would've thought that constituted an unsafe release and was the trigger for the whole incident :confused:. Without that happening the zipper effect could've taken place and no-one else would've been forced to breach any rules. Team 18 were just too eager to not impede their second car that they impeded everyone else, that's all.

They have come up with some sort of solution to double stacking though. Two laps of 80kph speed limited caution laps so one car can pit the first time round and the second car on the second time round. It works but time certain finishes could possibly occur more often with the extra lap at 80kph... and they're yet to figure out what will happen at Bathurst because of the length of the lap.

Source: https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/podcast-race-control-supercars-dsa-explains-the-calls/ (at about 12:35 in)
I reckon we just close the pits under safety car. And if you do come to take a stop you can, for example your low on fuel. But you get a stop-go penalty like F1 did many years ago.

I reckon we just close the pits under safety car. And if you do come to take a stop you can, for example your low on fuel. But you get a stop-go penalty like F1 did many years ago.
Downside to that for 1 pit stop races is you create a scenario where drivers who fall behind just pit early and then win on an early safety car. This happened a lot in pre-GT3 DTM despite trying to make tyre life and fuel consumption seem like the downside but it rarely came up.

Downside to that for 1 pit stop races is you create a scenario where drivers who fall behind just pit early and then win on an early safety car. This happened a lot in pre-GT3 DTM despite trying to make tyre life and fuel consumption seem like the downside but it rarely came up.
It happened in Supercars too. I can't remember exactly when it was but closed pit lanes was a thing and the same happened. I remember one Ford team always ran long (DJR???) and got caught out by safety cars.

It just makes everyone pit at the earliest possible time.

Edit: It was in the early 2000's according to this article, and trialed again at Phillip Island in 2019.

Craig Lowndes said
“It’s a little bit like Russian Roulette because you want to stay out for tyre life and pit as late as you can and get the speed at the end.
“But if a Safety Car comes out right when you don’t want it to, you’re stuck. If you haven’t done your stop prior to a Safety Car, you’re out of the race [contention].

Which pretty much describes what you and I said @Com Fox.

Last edited:
Back