2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

2 out of 2 for Jake Hill.

Sam Osborne on reverse grid pole, only to go off after a collision with Aiden Moffat.

Chris Smiley out after colliding with Daryl DeLeon and Rob Huff.

Last edited:
20 years since his last BTCC win, surely a record for amount of time between wins?

As for that incident with Cook, it looked like Huff was ahead before he was forced off, but who knows. Also epic recoveries by Sutton and Ingram.

Last edited:
20 years since his last BTCC win, surely a record for amount of time between wins?

As for that incident with Cook, it looked like Huff was ahead before he was forced off, but who knows. Also epic recoveries by Sutton and Ingram.
It is a record. The previous record holder was Dennis Leech with 18 years between his first 2 Wins in 1969 and his last win in 1987.

Unfortunately, due to financial complexities outside of WSR’s and Bobby Thompson’s control, it will not be possible this weekend to run the #19 BMW that was driven to a superb podium finish at Snetterton.

WSR continue to work hard with the team’s commercial partners to put Bobby back in the BMW as soon as possible.

Jake Hill wins race 1 at Thruxton. He seems to be the only of the BMW drivers who’s really on top of the car this year. Turkington has been surprisingly off the pace everywhere but Brands.

Meanwhile the classic Minis are awesome and every race should be in them.

Last edited:
Yeah Jake Hill is storming it at the moment. His race starts are unbelievable, not just compared to the front wheel drive cars but to the other BMWs as well. If he qualifies somewhere near the front, you can be almost certain he'll lead into T1.

Ingram’s victory overturned it seems. Passed DanCam by shortcutting the chicane and never gave back the place. 2 spot penalty so Hill wins again.
Such a crap decision for Ingram. I blame the daft tyre barriers on the chicanes.

Storming drive by Sutton to take his 1st win of the year and 40th of his Career. Some great moves, and Dan Cam as well, 3 podiums in a day ain't bad at all.

Ingram was a man on a mission in that one. Absolutely epic moves round the outside at the chicane. Personally I'd say his move on Morgan was fair game, both cut the chicane, plus Ingram was already ahead before the contact.

Just 1 week before we go again at Oulton.

Edit: My bad, 2 weeks before we get to Oulton (22nd - 23rd June)

Last edited:
Storming drive by Sutton to take his 1st win of the year and 40th of his Career. Some great moves, and Dan Cam as well, 3 podiums in a day ain't bad at all.

Ingram was a man on a mission in that one. Absolutely epic moves round the outside at the chicane. Personally I'd say his move on Morgan was fair game, both cut the chicane, plus Ingram was already ahead before the contact.

Glad it was a couple of exciting races. Make up for the dullfest of Oulton. Hopefully it rains.

Oulton can be hit or miss. Either 3 precessional races with little action. Or 3 action packed, borderline chaotic red flag-worthy races.

If it does rain, there's more potential for genuine racing 🤞. Plus with the improved Hybrid allocation and tyre choices, there's more variables to help such a thing potentially.

Edit: My bad, 2 weeks before we get to Oulton (22nd - 23rd June)
Took him long enough

I did wonder what happened for him to incur that level of damage. From the one camera shot we got, it was hard to tell where he crashed, but it almost looked like he rolled over.

From the team website

Unfortunately for Halstead, the weekend would end in disappointing fashion when he put a wheel on the grass on the high-speed run through Goodwood and went off into the tyres, leaving him shaken but uninjured.
I’m going to feel a bit sore in the morning but pulled muscles are fixable and the car is fixable. The final race had been a tough one as I was suffering with understeer, and I just got a wheel on the grass at one of the fastest parts of the circuit where there is no margin for a mistake. Unfortunately it was at a point where the barriers come closer to the track and there was no way to avoid a big hit

Back