24-Hour Endurance Race

United States
Lancaster, PA
Satomiblood
I saw this as an option when setting up custom races. Normally, my max for a single race is an hour, but I’ve been curious. Has anyone successfully completed a 24-hour endurance race? How did you do it? Any tips aside from taking periodic breaks? Is it even worth it?

Last edited:
It absolutely isn't worth it, you'd get less than 3 million credits and the game doesn't acknowledge it in any way (like a trophy or something.)

I did however do the 24H races on GT5. I split it up over 3 days, and used an extremely fast car that allowed me to pull over and park for 30 minutes every couple hours.

I can't imagine doing it any other way. That being said, if PD put a 24H LeMans race in GT League, I'd absolutely do it, they could even give an exclusive prize car for it, such as that damn "Scratched" R18 TDI that's neigh impossible to get

Needs to be a sport race!

You'll know the track inside out after that many laps, yet without dynamic time or weather it would get very boring. Especially on such a long track with few cars. The 3 hour ones were over like a flash though in GT5.

If polyphony were to implement a 24hr race in GT league, I would like them to add a day/night cycle and weather (rain) first. Also, it would be nice if they would allow you to save your race during a pitstop so you don't have to race 24 hours straight or leave your console on. A little game called Le Mans 24 Hours for PS2 had this awesome feature, and it was one of my favorite games. It also had multiclass racing

it would be nice if they would allow you to save your race during a pitstop so you don't have to race 24 hours straight or leave your console on.
such an option would be very helpful if I remember correctly, gtr2 had such a possibility.
I did the 3 x 24h races in GT4. I just paused the game for half an hour in the pits every couple of hours or thereabouts.
I also did that, I was driving for 4 hours whit 1 hour break, between driving, it would be nice to see longer races like 6 hours at the SPA:D.

It would be nice to see longer races like 6 hours at the SPA:D.

Judging by the comments I've seen in the daily race thread, endurance racing in Sport Mode didn't sound like there was a lot of support. I could see longer races being added to Campaign Mode. For live racing you could always set up a lobby similar to @Rinsky 's 1.5h enduros.

I saw this as an option when setting up custom races. Normally, my max for a single race is an hour, but I’ve been curious. Has anyone successfully completed a 24-hour endurance race. How did you do it? Any tips aside from taking periodic breaks? Is it even worth it?

Yes, I have done lots.

Blue Moon Bay, using MX5, opposition 1, GRX on professional gives you about 6mil credits for second place, a heap of mileage and career points. Oh and for the record rubber bands on my hand controller with fuel and tyre wear OFF ;-)

Tip: DO NOT do a race when it will clash with server maintenance or an update.

I thought GT5 was patched to include the ability to save the race and resume during a pit stop. I did both the Le Mans and Nurburgring 24hr races and don't remember ever leaving my console running for the whole time

A 24 hour race in GT league would be brilliant, but the prize money would need to be at least 20 million to make it interesting. 3 million is just a laugh. You can win this in under 2 hours at Blue Moon N300.

I would suggest as a price you can win the JAG or Ferrari and the credits would be filled up to 20 million as a reward. So you can buy the other one or use the money for something else. Pausing the game should be an option, but a limit can be added to finish the race within 36 or 48 hours. So people can at least get a little sleep. No need to be killing or mentally hurt any users. This would mean a big victory and race achievement and thus should be rewarded as so. I would then participate in such a heavy task.

The only reason why these rewards are so low is because of the pause option so you can take a month to finish such a race. If you set a time limit to these events there is no reason why the prize money cant go up.

Where would you guys set the tire wear/fuel consumption for an endurance race of that length?
Very funny sir :)

. A little game called Le Mans 24 Hours for PS2 had this awesome feature, and it was one of my favorite games. It also had multiclass racing

I still have this game and still actually play it when I feel like completing another 24 hour race, really wish another developer would come out with a special game like this again, would buy it as soon as it was released!

Project Cars 2 is the closest we have at the moment but you can't save the race during pit stops which is a real shame!

To be more specific, I did experiment a little with a 24-hour race yesterday. It was Gr. 1 at Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop. I stopped because I didn't like the tire/fuel configuration I used. My car of choice was the Jaguar XJR-9.

I saw this as an option when setting up custom races. Normally, my max for a single race is an hour, but I’ve been curious. Has anyone successfully completed a 24-hour endurance race. How did you do it? Any tips aside from taking periodic breaks? Is it even worth it?
Me and my friend were going to do 24 hours of the nurburgring and do stints and stream it but I'm out off by no day and night changes thoughout the race as for fuel and tyre I would put them on 2x and for the screen only the car and no data

I tried a 24 hour around Dragon Trail in a one make field with the Porsche Cayman GT4. 1x fuel and tyres plus max damage. I got too far ahead and gave up. I might try it with the 962. That's slow enough....

A GT3 wouldn't be a bad race. Maybe.

A full on 24h race would be quite simple now that the PS4 has 'rest mode' which essentially "freezes" progress. OK it wouldn't be a full stint in one go, but much easier than leaving the console on pause for long lengths. Just as above, don't do it when there's an update scheduled...

Latest Posts

Back