24 Hours of Le Mans 2023 Entry List Revealed for Centenary Race: 16 Hypercars Lead the Way

• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments
IMO that modified NASCAR Camaro ZL1 would be perfect for GT7. It seems like it’s a NASCAR that’s meant for road courses, and can even be driven at night. Would love to see it added, as opposed to a more “formal” NASCAR machine designed mostly for ovals, which may or may not have trackside lighting doing the work.

Last edited:
Maybe the endurance races will arrive to GT7 in the March update: 24h Le Mans 24h Spa, 24h Daytona, 24h Nürburgring, 12h Bathurst, 10h Petit Le Mans, 6h Watkins Glen, Suzuka, Laguna Seca......maybe 300km of Grand Valley too!,

Anyone going to LM this year?? I'd love to go back, though this year may be a bit of a stretch.

On a related note, does anyone know if/when WEC season pass for online streaming is available and how much it is?

Anybody know why Acura won't be competing? Do they want to give the others a chance to win a race or what?

Anybody know why Acura won't be competing? Do they want to give the others a chance to win a race or what?

ACO only gave 3 spots for IMSA cars, one category each and Cadillac already took that spot.

MSZ
ACO only gave 3 spots for IMSA cars, one category each and Cadillac already took that spot.
This suggests that the Porsche is certified or whatever for both IMSA and ACO? What a silly rule. Or are Acura and Cadillac the silly ones for not joining both?

MSZ
That and Honda didn't enter the ARX-06 for consideration. There's some chatter it might enter it in the 2024 WEC though - as Honda.

From what the program manager (I think?) said, its entirely up to Honda in Japan since Acura is solely a brand raced in the US.

Haven't watched a LeMans race since Audi left. This looks like a good year to return to the 24h classic. Hopefully they will get the GT BoP right.

Is it safe to say that LMh (4x4) cars are favorites over LMDh (4x2)?
Since the FWD in LMHs can only be used at high speeds and cannot be used for acceleration out of slow corners, it shouldn't be much of a factor.

This suggests that the Porsche is certified or whatever for both IMSA and ACO? What a silly rule. Or are Acura and Cadillac the silly ones for not joining both?
Actually, it looks like they let everyone run in the Hypercar class that wanted to enter. Compared to the WEC full season entry list there are 3 Cadillacs (instead of 1) and 4 Porsches (instead of 3) & 2 Glickenhaus (instead of 1).

Acura would have to be branded as Honda for it to make sense outside the US (if the car is competitive in the US it should be a no-brainer to also run it in WEC in the future), and BMW said from the beginning they will come to WEC & Le Mans in 2024.

So, with BMW, Lamborghini, Alpine and maybe Honda we're looking at a potential 4 additional manufacturers in 2024 (maybe 5, if that Isotta Fraschini project gets off the ground).

Maybe the endurance races will arrive to GT7 in the March update: 24h Le Mans 24h Spa, 24h Daytona, 24h Nürburgring, 12h Bathurst, 10h Petit Le Mans, 6h Watkins Glen, Suzuka, Laguna Seca......maybe 300km of Grand Valley too!,
I’d love to see endurance races back but unfortunately even playing for more than 1 hour causes incessant amounts of whining from:

A-) the extremely casual crowd who has the attention span of an axolotl (which is why proper endurances races have been absent from the series since GT6)

B-) the money grinders who want to exploit a pp glitch so they can use a tomahawk at every event so they can maximize their credits per minute so they can buy a car and then never bother to race it and then go onto reddit and complain about having to grind money and having to sit down for more than 25 minutes at a time (trust me I’ve seen people call the 1 hour event at Spa that pays 1.5m credits “too long and boring”)

I hope PD implements mid-race saving or B-Spec driver controls otherwise it will take me 12 days to finish le mans or nürburgring in real time.

Is it safe to say that LMh (4x4) cars are favorites over LMDh (4x2)?
Of course the ACO would want to see THEIR class win instead of americans’ beefed up lmp2 cars

Because honda of japan needs to pay the bills for the ARX-06 to race and they don’t want to do it

I’d love to see endurance races back but unfortunately even playing for more than 1 hour causes incessant amounts of whining from:

A-) the extremely casual crowd who has the attention span of an axolotl (which is why proper endurances races have been absent from the series since GT6)

B-) the money grinders who want to exploit a pp glitch so they can use a tomahawk at every event so they can maximize their credits per minute so they can buy a car and then never bother to race it and then go onto reddit and complain about having to grind money and having to sit down for more than 25 minutes at a time (trust me I’ve seen people call the 1 hour event at Spa that pays 1.5m credits “too long and boring”)
That would all make sense, except I'm pretty sure we have confirmation that more endurance missions are coming.
I hope PD implements mid-race saving or B-Spec driver controls otherwise it will take me 12 days to finish le mans or nürburgring in real time.
Agreed. Especially since in actual endurance racing, I think each driver does 6hrs at a time, tops.

Since the FWD in LMHs can only be used at high speeds and cannot be used for acceleration out of slow corners, it shouldn't be much of a factor.
The Hybrid Activation speed depends mostly on the front tyre width but the ACO can make changes as they like. Original speed for hybrid activation was 120 km/h back in 2021 but they changed it for glickenhaus’ sake so toyota had to activate their electric engines at 190 kmh, which is why toyota switched to narrower front tyres for 2022.

Peugeot runs the same tyres for front and rear so they should be allowed to use their hybrid in 120 km/h like 2021 but I guess ACO thought that would be unfair so they are only allowed 4WD after 150 km/h

That would all make sense, except I'm pretty sure we have confirmation that more endurance missions are coming.
Hope PD keeps their promise and adds proper endurance races with features I proposed (which have been present in previous gt games). All the dynamic weather and track evolution simulation is going to waste in this game otherwise.

This might be a more exciting race than last year for sure, at least for the top class.
Better hope ACO gets their balance of performance right and so far, they have not (see Monza BoP where glickenhaus was handed an unfair BoP).

Anyone going to LM this year?? I'd love to go back, though this year may be a bit of a stretch.

On a related note, does anyone know if/when WEC season pass for online streaming is available and how much it is?
I will be there this year. Sold out indeed, but I felt it coming so I took my precautions. Some people are re-selling their tickets for hundred of $£€. Insane, I hope they will be able to do something against it next year. People who live there are used to buying their tickets on site, many will stay in front of their TVs...

It's worse when it comes to accommodation. I have seen owners rent a single mattress for 500 euros per week in a cellar. And here in french: "Up to 800 euros per night" / "They think: this is Le Mans, it brings in a lot of money, I can rent my house and make 10,000 euros in a week".
On facebook: "That guy cancelled my 350€ reservation for the weekend, but offered me to make a new one for 1200€...."

Humans....

I still don't know for the WEC season pass yet. No informations on my side neither. But I hope free practice will be broadcasted live.

I'm going! I'm camping on BSJ :)

From memory, I think the WEC pass doesn't include LM. You'll need Eurosport or Discovery+ to watch it. Luckily Discovery did a free trial last year! Not that I'll need it this year 😎

Last edited:
The past few years we've received the underwhelming Eurosport coverage via Motor Trend or Discovery, etc. It means without a VPN We're not allowed to buy the direct WEC stream content (which was far better the few times I purchased it).

I watch the 24 hours every year, and have for...a long time, but I'm finally really excited to see genuine competition. Hope they at least get the BOP done well enough - it'll be embarrassing if either side of HyperCar vastly outperforms the other. You won't garner and manufactuer interest if they think they'll be artificially pegged back terribly.

Same thing for GT cars. We've seen the Aston Martins being ruined at LeMans last year --- and Porsche, etc. being hammered at Daytona. I hope they get the BOP better.

39.99 Euro's described as "entire FIA WEC Championship"

6.99 Euro's for single race not including Le Mans

12.99 Euro's for Le Mans

All listed as available soon.

Last edited:
B4EFEFA8-418D-41B2-B077-6181A3BF0A77.png

Where are you guys seeing the option to purchase a season pass? Is it because I’m in the UK?

Back