24 Minutes of Nürburgring

Audi R10 Stealth was easy win (and I really suck on that track)... RH and no stops... but I DID run out of fuel on the last turn... you can probably make it on RM was well... the race was awful though... I am fully convinced that PD is just trolling us with with those Nurb races... yea, let's take the most challenging circuit in the world, make it pitch black and throw 100% rain on top of all that... what a great idea!!!

Do you remember how low the tread was by the end... in the R18 for example? I always feel like I'm under utilizing my tires
I've felt loss/reduction of grip when the display shows 5. That's when it becomes noticeable. When it hits 2, a couple spins or burnouts and the tires quickly become useless.

Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 on Racing Softs for a minute lead when crossing the finish line. Would be worth trying harder tires because the A.I. is just slooooooow in the rain.

Last edited:
Do you remember how low the tread was by the end... in the R18 for example? I always feel like I'm under utilizing my tires

I remember the R18 pitted at the end of lap 2, mainly to ensure enough fuel to finish the final lap. Tire wear was minimal, but I changed them anyway. As a rule, I don't like to let the wear get below 5 unless its the last few corners of the last lap. The R18 also excels at Spa. At Le Mans, the 905B rules supreme.

i used the McLaren F1 GTR on racing soft. I was ahead by 1 minute and 20 seconds by the end of the 2nd lap and i stopped for fuel and new tires ( racing soft) and did it in 3 laps if im not mistaken with a 1 minute 40 seconds lead on 2nd place

Also by the middle of the 1st lap there was 70+% of rain on the track through the whole race, up until the last 5 minutes of the race

Last edited:
Most, if not all LMPs with some detuning and slightly lowered downforce should lead to a comfy win. Although lap 2 can lead to spin outs, hence my pace was a turtlelike 10 mins in an R18!

Just done it now. I used GTR NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. I used racing hard all the way through, even with the track moisture at 100% it was fine as I had traction control set on 5. I pitted after 2nd lap and after the stop I was 3rd, I got back to 1st 3 or 4 corners before the very long final straight. I won it by about 20 seconds in the end. And I made a few mistakes too.

You can actually use racing softs all the way if you're not above using them.

It seems using racing softs on these boards is considered a social no-no.
Ha ha. As I said I used traction control at level 5. I need all the help I can get! I'm sure many will be rolling their eyes and shaking their heads reading this. In he insight I would have used racing softs too!

SLS GT3 stock.Started on IM tyres. Pitstop to RH. Battled the VIPER on the last lap. Won by 24 seconds.

Seriously get a Cadillac CIEN for this race, it's easy as pie; trust me. I won easily with a minute and a half! :lol: Just remember to buy all upgradeable parts to the car, and use RS tires. I came in question first time, I was as short distance from the finish line in lap 2, but I recommend that you drive into pit. Otherwise you won't be in the time for a win as 1st! If you really want a win, then also totally fix it with all processes in the car repair shop, and equip it with rear wing. Remember to increase top speed in transmission.

I am fully convinced that PD is just trolling us with with those Nurb races... yea, let's take the most challenging circuit in the world, make it pitch black and throw 100% rain on top of all that... what a great idea!!!
They could (should) have added spray also...

This is the only thing that is stopping me from having all the stars unlocked!

Can anyone help me by giving me advice on what car to use for this? any tune for a specific car?

Any help would be appreciated :)
i win this race with an opel tigra 1.6 full tuned +nitro with racing soft tyres!
:)

I did it with an Impreza Super Touring Car at 600 pp on race softs. No pit stop. Gas was nearly out and front tires at 7s rears 8-9s. Beat by 2+ minutes with an oops.

I've noticed a few people saying they've done this rather easily without pit-stops and using a reasonably powerful car with Racing Softs equipped.

Personally, I've done this also, but only the once, as it was TOO EASY!

These days I race around 'The Ring' in a Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car. It's obviously not the fastest car out there, nor is it the greatest for all things pertaining to driving Nurburgring, but in saying that, it's suspension (when tuned nicely) is a perfect ride, and the torque is all you need, one little drawback is of course the weight, but again, when tuned up nicely, it will do a lap of the FULL Nurburgring in under 8 minutes rater easily, even in the wet.

I like to play around each time I do this race, sometimes I pit each lap, sometimes only on lap 2 for fuel. Other times I'll grab fresh tyres each time, and even when in the mood, I'll chuck on some 'Inters' just for some drifting fun within the race. I still end out beating my nearest opponent by 2:15/30 even when pitting each lap. So it's entirely up to the user on 'how' they wish to race this.

If you are still in a beginner stage, I'd suggest Racing Softs, all the way, pitting at the end of lap 2 for Fuel (and possibly new tyres, if you've managed to wreck you current one's :-S) and a decently powered car, with great weight ratio's.

Otherwise if you and intermediate to advanced, then I'd suggest doing whatever floats ya boat, as we all race differently and our setups will all be (within tolerance) different also. So pick a decent car, chuck on some Racing Soft tyres, and go to you hearts content :D

I've won this race many times. I always use a GT3 car. No special tune on it or anything. I use intermediate rain tires and just slow down a bit when it rains and when it's at or near 100% water on the track. Key is to stay on track. You can go pretty slow when the rain is coming down, just keep the car on track and pointed in the right direction.

Back