24 Minutes of ... , what a joke!

• Thread starter Sederholm
  • 63 comments
Sederholm
Yeah, driving for a full 24 hours was a stupid concept. Of course no single person drives an event like that alone in real life.

But 24 minutes? That's nothing!
And they really do try to make it seem like it's a full day. Not only does time pass by but the weather always changes, because in real life there is always rain 50% of every endurance race, right?
On a track like Nürburgring the rain will even start and end on the same lap.

To be more realistic it would make sense if it would either rain and then rain a bit less or be sunny and occasionally cloudy. Going from extreme to extreme I'm surprised they don't include snow in every 'endurance' race.

For the rain to add any interest it needs to pour down for a some time so that there is a point of going through the pitlane twice. As it it you just take it a bit easy for those few laps the rain is out. So for it to work the races can't be just 24 minutes. A reasonable race length could be anywhere between 2-4 hours.

But wasn't suspension of endurance races implemented in GT5? In that case you could have races of around 6-8 hours and you could just suspend it during a regular pit stop and actually simulate the part of one driver in a 24 hour race. (Sure you could let the B-spec driver drive some stints but what would be the point, he would just be as good as the other AI drivers, I don't think anyone wants the AI being the deciding factor, be it if he loses or wins the race for you).

Last edited:
I did the GT5 9hr and 24hr endurance races- but with 3 friends helping, it was excellent fun. I agree with Sederholm '24mins is a bit wrong. Maybe the ability to adjust from 24mins to an hour would be slightly more realistic (lol) or give us the choice of 24mins (like in other racing sims) and an adjustable condensed 24hr race from an hour to a full 24hr race.

PD could easy give us an option to choose from 24 min to 24 hours.. anyone could set there own time (its a win win).. also everyone who picks longer times should be awarded with more prize money (or/and cars, paints, helmets etc.) easy..

no game should ever take away things from previous games... cat PD finally get it.. every next game gets something new, while other things are taken away.. all that will result unhappy fans..
if there is more customization, variability, options to choose from it is what defines for how long the game will last... ( if only PD WANT's to limit the game on purpose.. so we want to buy next installment of the game GT7 on PS4, taking in mind new added "money packs" for insane prices... its very plausible that is the case...) ...while I could be wrong...

Last edited:
:eek:nooooo!!!! one of the reasons i love(d) GT series, the full Le-Mans and other enduro races. If there isnt full Le-Mans in the game (get mine christmas day :irked:) PD have taken small spark away from it for me. 👎

WHAT!!!!!!?????
The main reasons I loved GT 5 were the Endurance Races. They were why I started several new careers; something to aim for. I have spent days and weeks and months searching for something that could beat the low PP's on the GT endurance fora, testing cars and setups. And only now I discover there are no Endurance Races .....
I was just about to trash GT 6 anyway. I find the second bunch of Kart races to be too far above and beyond anything encountered so far, and definitely way too difficult for me. I dislike Boss Fights ...a LOT. I am a Career Animal, and as all races have to be won in order to progress up the ladder there is even less motivation in doing so.
The lack of long races has clinched it. I am out of GT 6 for now, as there is little purpose in continuing.
I had to trash Dead Space 3 also: I found the weapon building system impenetrable, and the first impossible Boss Fight finished it for me. So my two favorite PS games series are a thing of the past.

Edit: Oh I nailed it oh I got it, I got it. The missing Kart race, 100th attempt, at least. Glory be. Dang it was a difficult one. There's hope yet. And I have to agree with the posters reminding us that much was added to GT 5 along the way.

Last edited:
Just like everything else so far in the implementation of this game, I have a feeling we need to be patient! Examples:
Complaints about no login bonus.
Complaints about seasonals.
Complaints about payouts.
Complaints about additional cars.
Well, they added the login bonus, the seasonals (which payout very well), they increased the payouts, they added the M4 and Hornet. They also added the RedBull challenges, which I haven't heard too many complaints on- most people seem to like the X2014 Jr.

I think it's a matter of time before they add the option for full Endurance races.

I understand why they replaced it with 24 minutes, but they did not have to remove them completely. Would have been epic to have REAL endurance races as an option on the side of the b, a, ib, ia, s (Like the RedBull one, Goodwood or Space races)... Because I really enjoyed sitting down a sunday afternoon, and just do a complete 4 hour endurance race. (with snack breaks)...

I too can picture PD introducing real endurance along with B-spec.

But I don't want to hand over the wheel to some idiot AI driver who will lose the race.
I don't want to hand over to an AI driver who is so good that it's not my driving that wins the race either.

But then again I don't want to coach a B-spec driver at all. I bought the game to drive cars myself. The only good my drivers did in GT5 was be available for remote racing so I could make money without grinding.

With that being said I still think it is cheap of PD to remove B-spec. It wasn't my favourite feature but maybe someone else thought it was fun.

I too can picture PD introducing real endurance along with B-spec.

But I don't want to hand over the wheel to some idiot AI driver who will lose the race.
I don't want to hand over to an AI driver who is so good that it's not my driving that wins the race either.

But then again I don't want to coach a B-spec driver at all. I bought the game to drive cars myself. The only good my drivers did in GT5 was be available for remote racing so I could make money without grinding.

With that being said I still think it is cheap of PD to remove B-spec. It wasn't my favourite feature but maybe someone else thought it was fun.

In gt4 was useful,they also did a decent job on their stint, never lost one because of them.
Fun? Not really, but the fast forward 3x speed in b spec stint was nice in the longer races.

If the same AI is driving the B-spec driver as is driving all other cars then the B-spec driver should not impact the order of the race. So instead of locking up my PS3 with a guy driving around matching the pace of everyone else I'd rather just pretend that he drove and continue from where I was.

But of course you could impact the driving of the B-spec driver through coaching, but if I end my stint it's because I need to rest, I don't want to coach the other driver when I sleep/eat.

There should be option to scale 24hrs racing. 24mins, 48 mins till 24hrs. Most people do 5-10 laps races so 24mins is not bad. But having options will be good for everyone. I think they can do it via updates.

Last edited:
24 minutes is pretty ridiculous. Like the OP says, there's no point in changing tires for rain because it will be over in a couple of laps. I've seen the short "endurance" races in other games but those were arcade games like Grid. A serious driving sim shouldn't be made to be more like an arcade game.

I wonder why? :dopey:

Because PD felt rushed. The supremely negative feedback from the constant delays of GT5 meant that with GT6, PD actually felt that they should listen to the community and not delay a game. They figured, release a game and plug in the missing pieces later.

I'm expecting 24h races soon anyhow, to me this is GT6 Alpha Build, not even the final release.

I too think we will see the full enduros back sometime in an update. One thing I don't mind about not having them in the main career is that it makes completing the career mode much more accessible to the masses. Not everyone has the time or desire to race a full 24 hour race so having them in the special event section as an optional extra to the career is a sensible move I think.

The game is good as it is, stop whining or creating useless threads. If you want to whine there is a thread dedicated to you. For me personally the game rate is 9/10, in a few patches it can become a 10/10.

Because PD felt rushed. The supremely negative feedback from the constant delays of GT5 meant that with GT6, PD actually felt that they should listen to the community and not delay a game. They figured, release a game and plug in the missing pieces later.

I'm expecting 24h races soon anyhow, to me this is GT6 Alpha Build, not even the final release.
PD was rushed, PD felt obliged, PD is the victim of circumstances... i call that BS frankly. PD cash in on the fame of their brand name, selling their fans a GT5 update in the year of our good lord 2013 just like they sold us a GT4 update 3 years ago. An update that they will keep updating along the way sure, but one which will never fix what is in essence a boring and dated racing game.

Can't believe people just keep on digging up excuses for PD's obvious incompetence...

The game is good as it is, stop whining or creating useless threads. If you want to whine there is a thread dedicated to you. For me personally the game rate is 9/10, in a few patches it can become a 10/10.
I'm very happy for you, but don't tell people what or where to post. If you wanna glorify the game i could rederict you to the specific praise threads also...

PD was rushed, PD felt obliged, PD is the victim of circumstances... i call that BS frankly. PD cash in on the fame of their brand name, selling their fans a GT5 update in the year of our good lord 2013 just like they sold us a GT4 update 3 years ago. An update that they will keep updating along the way sure, but one which will never fix what is in essence a boring and dated racing game.

Can't believe people just keep on digging up excuses for PD's obvious incompetence...

I'm very happy for you, but don't tell people what or where to post. If you wanna glorify the game i could rederict you to the specific praise threads also...

I'm not digging up excuse for the incompetence, I think they are incompetent, if you think I am some blind PD fanboy, you haven't read my posts in the GT6 Epic Whining and Crying thread.

I only take offence with you making personal attacks on posters.

Back to the OT.

24 minutes payouts is kinda low as well, about 100k or 200k with 200% log in bonus is kinda weak compared to the seasonals.

It seems to me that we are divided into two groups:

One is disappointed that the so much is missing from the game, there's even less than we are used to.

The other guys like to pretend that a future version of the game will be tailored to their wishes, and then base their opinions of the game on this fantasy.

It seems to me that we are divided into two groups:

One is disappointed that the so much is missing from the game, there's even less than we are used to.

The other guys like to pretend that a future version of the game will be tailored to their wishes, and then base their opinions of the game on this fantasy.

In which category you think you go under? I don't reflect myself in those 2 ways, more i think that the game is good as it is for a 7 year old console...

If you have to ask I think the game is missing a lot.

And it's obviously not impressive for being for an older console, because the last game had more stuff in it.
The topic of this thread is the endurance racing, extending the time of the races is obviously possible as GT5 shows us.
Another missing thing is the track editor, something that I recall from the last game.

So, as I hope you can see I have valid reason to think that GT6 is more of a step back from GT5 than something else.

If you have to ask I think the game is missing a lot.

And it's obviously not impressive for being for an older console, because the last game had more stuff in it.
The topic of this thread is the endurance racing, extending the time of the races is obviously possible as GT5 shows us.
Another missing thing is the track editor, something that I recall from the last game.

So, as I hope you can see I have valid reason to think that GT6 is more of a step back from GT5 than something else.

I agree with those 2 points ^^ but definitely GT6 has brought with it interesting things, but as Kaz said there will be some big patches going on the next months

Hopefully, I mean the game itself is 10g+ assumably, a 5gb patch would make me happy, if all in that patch was new and decent sounds. Heck I'd download a 30gb patch if it came with bunches of cool and interesting features.

Yes 24 minutes and 10 laps do not count as endurance. Just more races with a couple more laps.
The endurance races are one of the mainstays of GT and should be in an update, whether that's a whole new category or whatever.

Yes the game is missing alot of content and I am somewhat divided on my opinion of that. Much, if not all of the missing (from GT5) features have been promised as future updates as they are being overhauled and weren't ready at release date. On the one hand it's bad that they were left out to begin with but on the other hand I'm happy to be able to play the game now and not have it delayed until all features are completed.
I don't believe it's a fantasy to think these features and fixes to various issues will be forthcoming in future updates.
B-Spec is one of the features slated for (re)inclusion and PD have stated that it will be possible to switch between A-Spec and B-Spec during a race. This really only makes sense in a proper endurance race so it's not unreasonable to conclude that full enduros could make a reappearance with or following that update. There will be those who are skeptical of PD making good on their promises of course but I do still have a little faith left.

Lol.

Should try Grid 2. I got to my first endurance race and was like awww yeaahh.
5 minutes.
5 ****ing minutes is an endurance race to codemasters.

Back