"24"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evolution.
  • 54 comments
  • 2,591 views

Evolution.

(Banned)
Messages
3,722
Who watches Jack Bauer and his ownageness?

I personally haven't seen a full episode on TV, and as wondering if a full season of episodes is worth $39.99 on iTunes? I hear that the show is pretty good, and you need to watch the shows in correct order to get it. The seasons are pretty expensive though, and I just wanted some opinions from you guys.

So, is a full season of "24" worth $39.99?
 
Just rent the DVDs.

But yes, it's worth it. You're getting about 16 hours hours of enjoyment for 40 bucks.

Definitely watch it in chronological order, otherwise you'll ruin the episodes you haven't seen. You could pick it up pretty quickly if you haven't see all previous episodes, but it's such a good show that you may as well start from the beginning.
 
I'm watching the previews on iTunes, and I must say, it looks pretty damn enjoyable. Season 5 is $42.99 though, so buying all 5 seasons might be a bit 'spensive.
 
I'd buy them if you can afford them, each season is 1080mins viewing pleasure but make sure you get them in order series 1 first then series 2 ect there is a lot of continuety between them and knowing something that's taken for granted in series 2 might completely ruin a plot twist in sereis 1 if you catch my drift.
 
You could always open up a Netflix account for like two months and plow through the entire series. 18 bucks gets you three discs at a time. I think each season is six discs. So that's 30 total discs. I think you could do that in two months if you wanted to.

Even if it takes you 6 months, it's still cheaper than buying it from iTunes.
 
But I'm looking to put them on my iPod Video. No other way really (I tried other "sources". Didn't work.)
 
You could always open up a Netflix account for like two months and plow through the entire series.
That's what I was going to suggest. I would argue that it's not worth spending $40-$50 on a DVD set. Yes, it's one of the best shows ever, but after you've seen it once, there's really no re-viewing value whatsoever.
 
That's what I was going to suggest. I would argue that it's not worth spending $40-$50 on a DVD set. Yes, it's one of the best shows ever, but after you've seen it once, there's really no re-viewing value whatsoever.

i have the first 4 seasons on dvd (the 5th is released next month in australia) and i watch them all the time :) i do have a pretty boring job though and need something to soak up the time.
 
Great series. The whole family are into it, actualy. We have and watched all the seasons and bought them all for £17.99 (waiting for 5 to come out in November) on DVD from Play. They are definetely 100% worth it.

Yeah, you have to watch the series in order, though, not just an episode out of the blue. We did that once and didn't understand what was going on.

Kylehnat
That's what I was going to suggest. I would argue that it's not worth spending $40-$50 on a DVD set. Yes, it's one of the best shows ever, but after you've seen it once, there's really no re-viewing value whatsoever.
Really? My brother has watched Seasons 1-4 3 times now. I've seem them through twice... Yes, the suspense isn't as intense anymore because you know what is going to happen, but it's still there in one way or another.

Edit: It's a shame Season 5 is taking rather long to get onto DVD...
 
I've watched them all at least 2 times, I've only seen season 5 once but I will watch it again when it comes out next month.
 
24 is the best "Drama" on (American) TV. They get steadily worse as the seasons go on until you get to season 5 & it's excellent again.
 
I thought season 3 was better than 2.
 
MachỎne;2442121
So, is a full season of "24" worth $39.99?
Yes, but I would just wait for a sale. I've bought(and sold :D) Season 1-3. Highest I paid was $35 for the Season 1. The other two, I think I got for like 20 bucks. It's almost the Thanksgiving time, too. They usually give away(not literally) "24" DVD Sets in Thanksgiving Sales at stores like BestBuy or Circuit City.

Out of the 3 seasons I've watched on DVD(none on TV), I liked the 1st the best, then the 2nd, then the 3rd.
 
If anyone in the UK would like a lend of 24 season 5, I recorded the whole lot off Sky+ onto DVD+RWs so that we could watch them in one hit.
 
Famine = Bootleg Pimp
 
Not at all. Legally acquired and legally backed-up. Most still have the ad-breaks in them (I didn't watch any of them, so that I didn't SEE any of them before we watched the lot). I am merely willing to lend them to any other UK member who doesn't have access to Sky or the DVDs (which are not out yet) - an act not specificially legislated against by the UK Parliament in relation to broadcast material.
 
I presume you've you seen all the series now the. I've got series 5 pre-ordered on DVD, it's out early next month. Series 6 starts on January the 14th in America.

On another note, an unexpected actor has joined the season 6 cast, ias a bad guy. It's Eddie Izzard everyone. A cross dressing assasin perhaps :lol:. Also James Cromwell will appear in the season as Bauers dad. Other newcomers to the series are Kal Penn, Marisol Nichols, Alexander Siddig, and also Milo that geek guy from season 1 is back.
 
I have recently "acquired" certain "software" for "copying" DVDs and converting filetypes. I might rent a couple of 24 DVDs and "watch" them.















Quit thinking I'm talking about piracy, you dirty rabbit.
 
Can't wait for season 6. Eddie Izzard should make this even better.
 
If anyone in the UK would like a lend of 24 season 5, I recorded the whole lot off Sky+ onto DVD+RWs so that we could watch them in one hit.

Snap!

...Also James Cromwell will appear in the season as Bauers dad.....

Why didn't they just hire Donald to play his dad?
 
Don't know, would have made more sense. Maybe Donald was too expensive, or just didn't want to do it. Maybe Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland doesn't like him, for some reason.
 
:lol: 👍
 
Alexander Siddig will be good - I'm guessing they've got him for his English or north African accents... :D

He's one of the nicest people I've ever met - he's genuinely got time for you (or makes you think he has).


Mind you, if Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland has a problem, imagine what Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi thinks about it all.
 
Maybe Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland doesn't like him, for some reason.

Best name ever? Best name ever.

Anyway, looks like Day 6 takes place 20 months after Day 5. Wonder how Jack got away*? I bet it involved a Palm Treo and some satellite images.

*Trying not to give too much away for those that haven't seen Day 5 yet.
 
I don't think he's got away, I think the Chinese send him back to America for a reason. But we'll have to watch the season prequel when that's released to find out for certain.
 
I'd guess that the Chinese want to use him as a spy or some such. Jack, being Jack, will pretend to comply, then betray and kill them all with his bare hands.
 
For those wanting to see what Season 6 contains, a preview was released a few hours ago. It looks to become the most action-packed season yet!

http://www.24trailer.com/
 
Damn, that looked great. One of the really good things is that despite Jack being the main character you really don't know if he will be killed off or not. good to see Bill Buchanan and Curtis back amongst a few other regulars returning. I didn't spot Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi anywhere in the trailer.
 
Back