Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

What oil do you like? Doesn't matter. It's all about Castrol this fortnight. Livery and image by @Cytoria - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Castrol. Who doesn't have a favorite livery in mind when you hear that word? I know I do. Tom's Supra anyone? This fortnight Cytoria has brought us an interesting imaginative story to get you inspired too, let's hear:

If the LEC #13 was about copying something real, this week’s theme is more about creativity and freedom. I’ve also chosen the Gr.4 class cars because they were the less represented in the previous competitions (Blitz’s NSX from LEC #01 is the only winning Gr.4 car yet).

« I’m a marketing director and I work for Castrol Competition Service. This year, we’ve got the budget to sponsor one team in an international touring car series. We can’t afford a full season in the FIA WEC or another high-end championship, so we’d rather focus on smaller classes. Over the years, Castrol sponsored a lot of teams, with very various designs. Now we want to choose the team which shows the best our identity and involvement in motorsports.»

CARS: Gr.4 cars only.
LIVERIES: Original creations are highly encouraged, but I won’t disqualify a livery inspired by an existing Castrol livery.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed.
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko / White Sands for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Castrol has to be the main sponsor of the car, but it may not be the only sponsor if you wish so.
  • As the theme takes place in the present and with modern cars, only the current Castrol logo is allowed. You can still play with it (text only, round shape only, etc…) but you can’t use older versions of the logo.
  • All Gr.4 cars are allowed.
  • The livery must be Sport Mode friendly. You can use your own number plate or none, but the livery must be compatible with the « Type 1 » GT plate.
  • No need to design a suit or helmet.
  • Presentation : two main pics from the mandatory locations (see settings in the spoiler below), and one bonus shot with no restrictions.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

Deadline

October 4, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

I would've made it visible without voting but I feel that could sway the poll.
You could always vote for your opponent, if he doesn't vote back your vote won't count anyway. (and vice versa)

Good luck! :D (it's funny how the livery I made for this round kiiiiiinda made it to this tiebreaker. :lol:)

I had to go with option 2. Out of the choices I think it better answers the them in spirit in which it was delivered.

If you read the theme, I wanted to encourage freedom and creativity.
So while I like the NSX, this particular Spa 2018 livery and the skills involved to use the liquid metallic paint as a base, it almost didn’t fit the spirit of the theme.

So I vote for #1, @D-Max M4, which also already was one of my three choices in the « main » poll.

I stuck to what I saw as an original rule, forcing doorbard compatibilty? Didn't you originally want an exact doorboard also? I only noticed yesterday that rule was gone!

P.s. I voted for my opponent. I'm 1 behind :(

Number 1 without a doubt as 2 is just a replica placed on a Gr4. 1 took some imagination to make for a competition that required imaginative designs.

So while I like the NSX, this particular Spa 2018 livery and the skills involved to use the liquid metallic paint as a base, it almost didn’t fit the spirit of the theme.

So I vote for #1, @D-Max M4, which also already was one of my three choices in the « main » poll.

You're right, I can not speak English well and I did not understand the rules correctly.

Personally speaking, if i couldn't understand the rules due to language barriers, i wouldn't enter. Or at least run it through a translator programme!

Last edited:
I stuck to what I saw as an original rule, forcing doorbard compatibilty? Didn't you originally want an exact doorboard also? I only noticed yesterday that rule was gone!

P.s. I voted for my opponent. I'm 1 behind :(
Having a livery sport mode compatible doesn't inply it having the GTS in-game number board, it implies making sure that when playing in Sport or GT League, your custom number boards get covered by the GTS ones properly ;)

Anyways I sticked with my original pick and voted for the NSX, but whoever wins this round deserves it!

Last edited:
Having a livery sport mode compativle doesn't inply it having the GTS in-game number voarda, it implies making sure that when playing in Sport or GT League, your custom number boards get covered by the GTS ones properly ;)

Anyways I sticked with my original pick and voted for the NSX, but whoever wins this round deserves it!
BOO!

I think this is where the problem with being not explicit about replica type entries lays. I personally took onboard the basics of the castrol guidelines for my entry and so also judge others the same way. To be completely honest I hadn't realised it was that close of a replica, but it would explain why it does fit what Castrol would want!

Generally speaking, I think future themes need to be more specific with what is and isn't allowed by way of replica. I'm totally with you on the desire to promote creativity, but unless replicas are prohibited in the theme, or at least allowed with specific criteria, people are going to enter them whether it's what you wanted or not, sadly.

For the most part I like the M4 livery as it is, it's a good livery, but in this fantasy scenario, I don't think it would be the one that was chosen. I also had other more specific minor issues with the M4 and though I do think it would be a good livery for a fantasy independent entry in a series a few years ago - that's not how I interpreted the theme. It's a minor thing, but the Hartge logo bugged me too as they've not existed since Herbert Hartge closed the company.

I think this is where the problem with being not explicit about replica type entries lays. I personally took onboard the basics of the castrol guidelines for my entry and so also judge others the same way. To be completely honest I hadn't realised it was that close of a replica, but it would explain why it does fit what Castrol would want!

Generally speaking, I think future themes need to be more specific with what is and isn't allowed by way of replica. I'm totally with you on the desire to promote creativity, but unless replicas are prohibited in the theme, or at least allowed with specific criteria, people are going to enter them whether it's what you wanted or not, sadly.

I agree I should have been more specific.

This is what I’ve said when @syntex123 posted the « same » Spa NSX as his entry : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 14 - CLOSED

I did not asked him to delete it, neither do I to TimeBandit, also because it was his first participation. But I never expected that this livery will be the winner...

For the most part I like the M4 livery as it is, it's a good livery, but in this fantasy scenario, I don't think it would be the one that was chosen. I also had other more specific minor issues with the M4 and though I do think it would be a good livery for a fantasy independent entry in a series a few years ago - that's not how I interpreted the theme. It's a minor thing, but the Hartge logo bugged me too as they've not existed since Herbert Hartge closed the company.

I've played around with the idea of Hartge a few times, but the way I see it, why can't it live on?

I've played around with the idea of Hartge a few times, but the way I see it, why can't it live on?

No reason, but given there seemed to be a desire to make a plausible and current livery, it just stuck out to me a bit in the realms of this competition. Like I say, it was only a minor thing... maybe a tuner-tribute theme is in order!

No reason, but given there seemed to be a desire to make a plausible and current livery, it just stuck out to me a bit in the realms of this competition. Like I say, it was only a minor thing... maybe a tuner-tribute theme is in order!
I understand. I feel it suits BMW's and I like to keep it going.

1 for me. A lot more originality than 2!

Also to add, the white placement on the front bumper and rear is quite something, it really stands out for me. And it looks well executed. Is this livery shared?

Last edited:
Congratulations @D-Max !
@Timebandit67 your livery was great too, despite less in the theme, the work on the colour and the hood was very nice. I hope you’ll join on the next round too.
And @MMX adds another deserved podium !

Thanks everyone for being in this round. Now focused on your national pride !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back