The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 14 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, only added "maybe not" the final version, because was not sure about the requirements. Will edit my post as soon as possible.
Still conflicts with the rules, if you don’t have a sure thing to enter, it’s best to wait. Or just make it the final entry and edit it ONCE later if you find out you want something else.

@D-Max :

Nice job. It gives a modern look for the Castrol sponsorship and fits the M4 lines quite well. That was a night well spent ;)

Thank you! I was going to maybe incorporate the Ultimate logo in somewhere but the Blue/Yellow-Green just didn't suit the rest of the car and I didn't want to take away the authenticity of it by changing the colour so I stuck solely to Castrol. It looks terrific in replays!

I may actually enter this round! I love Castrol cars!

I currently have a livery made that I really like but I need to figure out how and what GT4 car I need to put it on.

I did a replica (linda, because it's a different car) of a Castrol EDGE Mazda. I'll be adding it here later. :) I love these competitions. I'll try to enter once in a while now that I'm playing the game again.

I need help: I'm trying to make a gradient decal in Inkscape, but when I import it in GTS, it shows as plain black :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Could anyone help me out please?

I need help: I'm trying to make a gradient decal in Inkscape, but when I import it in GTS, it shows as plain black :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Could anyone help me out please?
The gradients in Inkscape often shows under a « g transform » code line that the game doesn’t like. First step is to save your SVG as « optimised SVG » then put it through SVGOMG. It works fine for 90% of the gradients. If not, PM me with the file and I’ll see what I can do

FINAL ENTRY

Livery Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gtsport/user/livery/1257207/1/8286646488470160905
This is my first entry for a livery editor competition, I hope I've done everything correctly :scared:

About the livery: As I picked the SLS, I started with Iridium Silver as base color. Then I played with various logo sizings, from the oversized Castrol along the hood and roof to the smaller EDGE ones forming a pattern of their own. The goal was to make use of the car's unique proportions and to stay away from the usual patterns commonly seen in Castrol livery designs.

Last edited:
Man, i always hated Castrol-themed liveries, never liked their colour combo... and Castrol is this week's theme :lol:

Well, i'll try my best to make something out of it :D

Man, i always hated Castrol-themed liveries, never liked their colour combo... and Castrol is this week's theme :lol:

Well, i'll try my best :D
The post above yours clearly proves you can do a Castrol livery without it being green/white/red, and the same applies for @D-Max 's entry ;)

@Cytoria PM is on the way :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Currently working on mine, it's quite an assault to the eyes I must say! Rather vivid and intense for a unique creation by myself, i normally play the understated card but i felt that most Castrol liveries are understated so lets break that!

The post above yours clearly proves you can do a Castrol livery without it being green/white/red, and the same applies for @D-Max 's entry ;)

@Cytoria PM is on the way :banghead::banghead::banghead:
if, when saving, you don't have the option for 'optimized svg', you need to re download but go back an update or 2. I had this issue. And make sure that you complete your image and then add the gradient with no more editing, that messes with the code.

upload_2018-9-14_0-3-53.gif

Try to make the images a bit more zoomed in, it‘ll make it a lot easier to spot details and compare it to other entries :)

if, when saving, you don't have the option for 'optimized svg', you need to re download but go back an update or 2. I had this issue. And make sure that you complete your image and then add the gradient with no more editing, that messes with the code.
I did have the option, though somehow the code was messed up. Thankfully @Cytoria came to the rescue and solved it ;) thanks for the hint though! I'll keep that in mind for future attempts at gradients!

I had a look around online and found a PDF file with the official Castrol colours and their RGB/CMYK etc. values, as well as some other little bits of info. I also made up a .txt file with the 'real' HSV (Hue, Saturation, Value) figures and converted them for use in GT Sport. The RGB (Red, Green, Blue) numbers are included for use in Inkscape as it didn't seem to handle the HSV and CMYK values correctly :dunce: Don't know if this will be of any help but figured I might as well share.

Edit:
For whatever reason, the colour values in the PDF all seem to be off by a bit when used in Inkscape (at least up against a PNG of the main logo). Anyone know why this might be?
Capture.PNG
The green is a bit lighter too :confused:

Attachments

• Castrol Colours.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Colour.txt
    552 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
View attachment 765833
Try to make the images a bit more zoomed in, it‘ll make it a lot easier to spot details and compare it to other entries :)

True, I just followed the settings from the tutorial for White Sands :boggled: Maybe I'll take another set of shots with a bit more zoom.

I had a look around online and found a PDF file with the official Castrol colours and their RGB/CMYK etc. values, as well as some other little bits of info. I also made up a .txt file with the 'real' HSV (Hue, Saturation, Value) figures and converted them for use in GT Sport. The RGB (Red, Green, Blue) numbers are included for use in Inkscape as it didn't seem to handle the HSV and CMYK values correctly :dunce: Don't know if this will be of any help but figured I might as well share.

Nice work!

FINAL ENTRY

This is my first entry for a livery editor competition, I hope I've done everything correctly :scared:

About the livery: As I picked the SLS, I started with Iridium Silver as base color. Then I played with various logo sizings, from the oversized Castrol along the hood and roof to the smaller EDGE ones forming a pattern of their own. The goal was to make use of the car's unique proportions and to stay away from the usual patterns commonly seen in Castrol livery designs.

Nice, but *points down* (continuing my comment below)
View attachment 765833

Let the car be in its standard position. Don't move it! Just rotate it. And then zoom in. That'll work the best.
Also, looks like you didn't get the settings 100% right. Might be because it's so zoomed out, time will tell.

Why didn't I see this earlier? :lol: I just finished my livery. I eyeballed the colors.
Lucky for me it looks still looks pretty good. (colors, that is. But I'm happy with the livery too.)

Will have the livery up shortly. Need to take dem pics.

Oh yes. Very wrong. The black border! :lol: Nah, just kidding. Not that I can see, it looks great mate. :)

@dizco :

The livery itself almost fits the rules but I have two remarks :
1) Although I will allow to promote any product in the current Castrol range, it feels weird to promote EDGE and GTX3 on the same car. I think you’d have to choose between those two.
2) If it is your entry, you’ll need one shot from the back, not two from the front.

But it is a nice base, keep it up.

@D-Max :

Nice job. It gives a modern look for the Castrol sponsorship and fits the M4 lines quite well. That was a night well spent ;)
@dizco is also sporting the old Castrol Racing logo which uses the old font ;)

I have a full day off work so i might be able to get mine done and dusted today. Will use it in a few races to see how it looks in photos etc then release it.

Where is all the none white liveries at? Someone come along and join me in the fun of not base coat white :lol::lol:

I've always had somewhat of a dislike towards the castrol liveries, they seem to always follow some sort of a trend. I'd love to see that trend upset on the bigger stage like the car I got my inspiration from!

Where is all the none white liveries at? Someone come along and join me in the fun of not base coat white :lol::lol:

I've always had somewhat of a dislike towards the castrol liveries, they seem to always follow some sort of a trend. I'd love to see that trend upset on the bigger stage like the car I got my inspiration from!
What I'm working on hasn't got a white base, but looking at a couple of the entries... what I've got isn't even comparable so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of finishing it and getting the images right :lol:

Mine is defo a non base coat of white - sort of! ;-)

What I'm working on hasn't got a white base, but looking at a couple of the entries... what I've got isn't even comparable so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of finishing it and getting the images right :lol:
Comparable in what terms? Quality?

I love Castrol liveries. Decided to do another replica. It's meant for the GT3 but it looks good on the Gr4 too.
Don't mind the dirt on the bonus image. :D

Bring on Spa, because, well, it's a 24 hours of Spa livery? :dopey:

I really like this livery, and as I did it myself on the Gr.3 NSX I reckon it is very accurate but...

If the LEC #13 was about copying something real, this week’s theme is more about creativity and freedom.​

And even if I said that I wouldn’t disqualify an entry inspired by an existing livery, I’d rather if you can enter a livery which is more in the spirit of this fortnight’s theme...

Comparable in what terms? Quality?
Quality and complexity.
I posted it in the general livery thread. Based it off the British GT4 style of fairly basic liveries with limited sponsors. But it wouldn't hold a candle to the ones already submitted and I'm not sure if it's worth spending all week working on it for it get no votes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back