25th Anniversary Races Tips And Tricks

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 84 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
The two new races for the 25th anniversary event are two sides of the same coin (the coin being silly GT7 AI). The Escudo race was difficult at first for me but once I discovered the AI were not taking advantage of the Escudo's massive downforce and were braking when not necessary I just drove faster than them and won easily. I also changed the AWD mapping to 90% for the back wheels to reduce understeer although I did find it made breaking on downhill corners a bit risky.

The Gr.3 at Spa was a different story however. I have attempted it twice so far. My first attempt was in the Beetle Gr.3 as I remember it being a very fast car outside of the GTS and GT1 cars which weren't available. I used the default setup (soft tyres) and pitted on lap 5, using a fuel map of 2 to give me enough fuel to reach that pit stop. I lost by quite a distance. My second attempt was in the BRZ GT300 and I went for medium tyres. My performance was even worse than before. Does anybody have any tips for actually winning the race? Pit strategy, fuel map, car choice, tyre choice?

I did Spa with the MB AMG. I started with RM tires. FM1 I pitted fter around lap 6 or 7. I putted RS and fuel up just enough to finish the race. I was about 30sec + ahead of the 2nd before I went to pit. The weather tried to rain but actually it didn't so it was a full dry race for me.

I dont like the Ecudo nor the track so I have poroblems there but gonna make it.

Last edited:
The two new races for the 25th anniversary event are two sides of the same coin (the coin being silly GT7 AI). The Escudo race was difficult at first for me but once I discovered the AI were not taking advantage of the Escudo's massive downforce and were braking when not necessary I just drove faster than them and won easily. I also changed the AWD mapping to 90% for the back wheels to reduce understeer although I did find it made breaking on downhill corners a bit risky.

The Gr.3 at Spa was a different story however. I have attempted it twice so far. My first attempt was in the Beetle Gr.3 as I remember it being a very fast car outside of the GTS and GT1 cars which weren't available. I used the default setup (soft tyres) and pitted on lap 5, using a fuel map of 2 to give me enough fuel to reach that pit stop. I lost by quite a distance. My second attempt was in the BRZ GT300 and I went for medium tyres. My performance was even worse than before. Does anybody have any tips for actually winning the race? Pit strategy, fuel map, car choice, tyre choice?
I used the BRZ with fuel map on 1 and soft tires. I pitted at the end of lap 5 and refueled to the mark with new soft tires and won easy. It apparently rains different amounts near the end but with the weather radar working better now it can be strategized if pitting is needed again.

Is the Spa race one where it's won near the end? The Escudo race is the opposite as I found the last half of the race was just making sure I wasn't overtaken.

I had lots of rain starting lap 3 until lap 6,then the track dried(ish) until lap 10 where it sprinkled down. The weather radar was at least light blue after lap three. Mediums, Inters, softs was my strategy for an easy 50+ second win

IMG20221125171849.jpg

Anyone knows the answer? 🤪

I did Spa in the new Nissan GTR. 6 Laps on Rm, than the rest on Rs. Tyres were done by the end of both stints. Average laptime was 2.20.xxx. Total time 23:50.608 No Rain. I won by ~10s. FM1 all the time and no TC.

The difficulty of the Escudo race is just in managing the jelly car setup. The AI is slow but one small mistake will send you rocketing off the track.
THIS exactly.
The Escudo race is easy once you realise where you can gain loads of time on the AI, and logically understand that you don't need to drive the car hard at all to beat them. Just keep it on the track.
Yep. I thought at first the car had lift throttle oversteer. It's actually snap oversteer, so go light on the wheel. If this is the same car from Gran Turismo 2 that makes sense because that car had two V6 engines, one front and one mid-rear.
The car is crazy difficult for me to keep on track, so I figured out where I could and ran full assist everywhere else.
If you start to understeer a bit, just lift off the gas lightly. Lifting all the way off will send you flying.
Auto Drive takes Turn 2 way too slow. Turn it off there to gain time.

Spa was easy. I ran the RX-Vision Stealth on RS tires for 4-5 laps, stopped and got too little fuel and IM tires. I ran FM3 for 3-4 laps, then FM1 to the end. Easy win.

I did Spa with the MB AMG. I started with RM tires. FM1 I pitted fter around lap 6 or 7. I putted RS and fuel up just enough to finish the race. I was about 30sec + ahead of the 2nd before I went to pit. The weather tried to rain but actually it didn't so it was a full dry race for me.

I dont like the Ecudo nor the track so I have poroblems there but gonna make it.
Not sure what it is about me or my game but every time I fail. I tried this method three times. First time I did had to pit on lap five because of fuel, and changing to RS meant by the end of the race I had worn them out completely. Finished 5th. Next time it was raining throughout and I changed to IM which ruined my race. The third try was the most successful. Instead of changing to RS I stayed on RM and managed to finish second, with very light rain throughout the race (no noticeable impact on the car though). In each attempt I was setting the fastest lap but even on the last I was ten seconds behind with no hope of catching him.
View attachment 1210802

Anyone knows the answer? 🤪
As far as I know the race hasn't even finished yet.

My first attempt at Spa I failed because it started to rain and I didn't pit. The radar made it look like it shouldn't get worse, but it did.

2nd attempt, I started with soft tyres, and they were gone after 4 laps, so I had to pit, but it was still dry. I didn't want to pit again, so went for IM tyres, and did the last 6 laps on those. It rained a bit on lap 9, so I got some value from the IM tyres. I used the Porsche and it was an easy enough win. I didn't do any fuel saving.

The Escudo race I failed first time, but it was just a matter of learning how to reliably drive the car at the required pace without ever losing control, and I won it easily enough at my 2nd attempt. I went for 50/50 power, brake balance all the way to the front, and I think TC 2 or even 3. Only brake when going in a straight line.

Last edited:
Not sure what it is about me or my game but every time I fail. I tried this method three times. First time I did had to pit on lap five because of fuel, and changing to RS meant by the end of the race I had worn them out completely. Finished 5th. Next time it was raining throughout and I changed to IM which ruined my race. The third try was the most successful. Instead of changing to RS I stayed on RM and managed to finish second, with very light rain throughout the race (no noticeable impact on the car though). In each attempt I was setting the fastest lap but even on the last I was ten seconds behind with no hope of catching him.
I tried it again. I almost run out of fuel on lap 6 so had to do the whole lap on FM6. I changed onto racing softs and returned to FM1, and even with perfect conditions throughout the race I did worse than last time. I don't know how you managed to win but the countless attempts so far are reminding me why I don't like GT7 very much.

Last edited:
For the Spa race, I used the BRZ and ran on Softs. However, on lap 2, the weather radar showed heavy patches of blue, so I pit in earlier than the AI and opted for wets.

I was keeping up and then the rain fell. Lo and behold, the AI were spinning out. It rained for the entire race. Did it only once. Fuel Map was set at 1.

The Escudo race was basically finding out how to use the most of the car's downforce.

For spa I used the mclaren, I notice the rain comes in lap 3 so pit in lap 2 and the ai will always pit on lap 3 :lol:

It was like musical wheelchairs with the ai cars spinning out. :lol: That alone will give you the win.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to have a completely dry race at Spa. Using the M6 with stock settings & medium tires; I did a one-stop at the end of lap five for a fresh set of shoes & fuel to the end. Won by over thirty seconds with that.

Thinking about doing it again to see how I fare with a mid-race rainstorm.

I think that every post should begin with explanations on what difficulty people are playing. We have a bunch of people saying it was easy I just did it flat 1 fuel consumption and one stop, but that doesn't work when playing on HARD difficulty. If you are playing on easy or medium difficulty, please do state so. Hard difficulty players will waste 22 minutes following your cues. Thanks.

I haven't yet cracked this down but I think that I will try a non stop, hard tires for once. Let's see.

On Spa I used the Mazda RX-Vision with Racing Softs. Pitted at the end of lap 4 to swap to Intermediates and top up on fuel, then it started raining lightly on lap 6. Got progressively heavier until lap 9/10 when the rain meter was over half full.

I think that every post should begin with explanations on what difficulty people are playing. We have a bunch of people saying it was easy I just did it flat 1 fuel consumption and one stop, but that doesn't work when playing on HARD difficulty. If you are playing on easy or medium difficulty, please do state so. Hard difficulty players will waste 22 minutes following your cues. Thanks.

I haven't yet cracked this down but I think that I will try a non stop, hard tires for once. Let's see.
Pretty sure these races are not affected by difficulty options.

Pretty sure these races are not affected by difficulty option
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, I made consisten laps, below thee numbers reported here, and still could only pull up a 5th. I know I'm not professional but I'm not that bad either.

Anyway, I tried three times to go no pit stop strategy and it rained every time. With a pit-stop strategy I didn't had a change in the weather.

Looks like the IA wants you to stop.at least once.

I did the Spa race with the AMG. RS for the first four laps, at which point it started raining. I put on IM and ran into a little bit of difficulty when it momentarily rained very hard. But it turned out I was on the right tyres and gained the lead on the penultimate lap.

Pretty sure these races are not affected by difficulty options.
If they are like the endurance missions then it actually does... But the wrong way around.

If you have the difficulty set to easy the endurance races are hard, if you have it set to hard they are easier. Blooming weird, but hey, GT logic

I had beaten Spa with the Mazda RX-Vision with RH tyres at FM1 until I passed the lead, dropped the FM to 6 until I needed to pit. Passed lead again and won by 45+ seconds. It tried to rain but never got track wet enough to needs wet tyres.

I really hate the Escudo.
The race can be easily completed if you just trust the car, it's twitchy but consistently twitchy. Here's a lap of the track in the Escudo for me (torque distribution 90% to the back wheels):
Turn 1: no throttle or brake, power on exit
Turn 2: full throttle the whole way around, sometimes letting off the throttle to get closer to the inside (the AI brakes for this corner)
Turn 3, 4 and 5: slow and steady, drive like any other car
Turn 6: as normal
The last section: full throttle until the very last corner where I let off the throttle and sometimes had a bit of brake - making sure to use out-in-out is essential here

I forgot about the difficulty setting, but we need to experiment with it more since none of us are 100% are certain it does make them easier or makes them harder.

I don't think anyone playing on Hard (if that's matter for these specific races) will need any advise from a forum topic how to win the races✌️

I used the BRZ with fuel map on 1 and soft tires. I pitted at the end of lap 5 and refueled to the mark with new soft tires and won easy. It apparently rains different amounts near the end but with the weather radar working better now it can be strategized if pitting is needed again.
That's exactly the script I followed. Had a little drizzle, minor effect on grip with the RS tires.

Back