25th Anniversary Races Tips And Tricks

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 84 comments
Spa is a not-so-hard win. I used Mercedes, twice. My first race was dry. I started with RS but by lap 5 there was excessive wear, so RS isn't a wise choice. I had to push hard, from lap 6. In my second race, I started with RH, at lap 4 (or 5) rain came, I switched to Intermediate and went all the way to the end.
I also tried Subaru BRZ GT300, which isn't so fast but it handles better. I didn't finish the race because I was too slow.
My next attempt will be with Mazda (what a sound...):)

I found the race at Spa to be quite easy. Won first time in the Beetle Gr.3, rain came lap during lap 4 but very light, pitted and changes to IM's at the end of lap 5 and won with ease. Lapped a few of the stragglers.

The Escudo on Willow Springs was a bad combination. I'm not a big fan of that track and I hadn't driven the Escudo yet. But once I got to grips after 2 or 3 early restarts I managed get into a rhythm and won that race fairly easily. I found the trick was to avoid contact.

WTF!!! :irked:

Is there a daily limit or something?

I won after struggling into heavy rain with Mazda, only to get 0 credits!!!

Why?

Last edited:
WTF!!! :irked:

Is there a daily limit or something?

I won after struggling into heavy rain with Mazda, only to get 0 credits!!!

Why?
They're one time prizes like the missions, win the race once and you've won all you can. But if you come say, 5th, you can still win the prizes for finishing in the higher places.

Pretty sure these races are not affected by difficulty option
I gave it a try today again, tried the same strategy for when I got a 5th place running in hard difficulty (Subaru BRZ 300, softs, 1 pit strategy, flat out 1 fuel economy), but this time playing in easy difficulty: I was the first at the beginning of the 3rd lap, finished with more than 1 minute ahead of the second, overlapped several guys in the back, so definitely, thw difficulty plays a role here and obviously playing in hard mode is a different story.

The get first in hard is still something I want to try and figure it out, if you out there made it, please share how it was!

Thanks!

Last edited:
The get first in hard is still something I want to try and figure it out, if you out there made it, please share how it was!

Thanks!
I did Subaru BRZ on hard (actually on earlier patches "hard" was easier than "easy" by some mistake).
It all depends on weather conditions you'll get, I got only light rain on lap 4. Raced softs and pitted at the end of 6th lap (stayed on softs, refuelled for 4 laps), caught the leading guy (who was on no pit strategy) on penultimate lap. Race time 23:46 (fastest lap 2:16.5)

Oh, and curious thing, I don't remember the margin of victory as this race did not display the results page for me. Is that normal?

Last edited:
I'm on hard difficulty. First, I tried spa on the mazda rx-vision. I tried RM tires, but couldn't consistently keep up with the leaders who were putting up 2:18's. Also, the opponents only pit once every time, around lap 7 or 8, right around when you can tell if it's going to rain or not. The only way i could at least make up some time was if I used RS tires, where I was putting up 2:16's and got within 4 seconds of the lead before pitting at lap 5 (you can keep racing even if the tires are completely red, but you get a little slower). The only way I could win using the mazda was if the track stayed dry enough where I can go back to the RS tires (i only raced 1 race where it was dry the entire way, but i crashed cuz im an idiot). I couldn't make up time on the intermediate/wet tires.

I ended up switching to the BRZ, which wasn't fastest on the straights, but a lot more stable and faster out of corners. Plus, it didn't burn thru your tires as fast as the mazda. So all I had to do was just put out good laps and I would eventually take the lead. BUT, for my first/only race on the BRZ, I lucked out because it rained super hard early in the race and I pitted for wet tires while everybody spun out. I won by 13 seconds in the end.

Just wanted to post this for anybody else struggling, cuz i thought this was gonna be easy but it wasnt for me lol (just a casual player)

Last edited:
The race can be easily completed if you just trust the car, it's twitchy but consistently twitchy. Here's a lap of the track in the Escudo for me (torque distribution 90% to the back wheels):
Turn 1: no throttle or brake, power on exit
Turn 2: full throttle the whole way around, sometimes letting off the throttle to get closer to the inside (the AI brakes for this corner)
Turn 3, 4 and 5: slow and steady, drive like any other car
Turn 6: as normal
The last section: full throttle until the very last corner where I let off the throttle and sometimes had a bit of brake - making sure to use out-in-out is essential here

I forgot about the difficulty setting, but we need to experiment with it more since none of us are 100% are certain it does make them easier or makes them harder.
Trust the Escudo!? LOL, that's the funniest thing I've read all day because it's so hard to believe. It's the truth, though.
The Escudo has a definite limit on how hard you can push it. Up to that limit it's rock solid, go beyond that and you'll be taking the scenic route.

Trust the Escudo!? LOL, that's the funniest thing I've read all day because it's so hard to believe. It's the truth, though.
The Escudo has a definite limit on how hard you can push it. Up to that limit it's rock solid, go beyond that and you'll be taking the scenic route.
Yep, that's true. I had to restart the race multiple times as it was the first time driving it in GT7 (and the first time since GT3 actually) so I didn't know how to drive it properly, but once I understood its limits I had no trouble with it. I found that hard braking downhill and ramming into other cars were the two main things that would make it become undriveable. However I found it to be great to drive overall and with the easy money PD has been giving with this update I'll pick up my own once it's back in the dealership.

I won at Spa on my first go. But the Escudo race....ugh. I CANNOT get near the front. I'm wondering if something is up with my controller because every single straight the AI pulls away from me. That whole back section - the straight, the big sweeper and the home straight. I lose probably a good 1-2 seconds. Even if I come out of a turn well, I gain for a moment then the seconds change and start counting up.

At the start, they about triple their lead by T1. Something feels very wrong. I've come in 5th, but that's about the extent of my abilities

Edit - it actually WAS my controller! The R2 button was going about 95% of the way, but not 100% unless I REALLY pressed hard. I won the second race (after overlooking two corners on the first try)

Last edited:
Spa is insane easy since the AI pits too late for rain and then too late to get back on dry tires. Beat them by over a minute.

I think that every post should begin with explanations on what difficulty people are playing. We have a bunch of people saying it was easy I just did it flat 1 fuel consumption and one stop, but that doesn't work when playing on HARD difficulty. If you are playing on easy or medium difficulty, please do state so. Hard difficulty players will waste 22 minutes following your cues. Thanks.

I haven't yet cracked this down but I think that I will try a non stop, hard tires for once. Let's see.
This is an excellent post. Thank you for bringing this to light.

I didn't know if these two races follow the difficulty that we have set in the game. I assumed they were on middle difficulty because the game could set it wherever it wanted.

My game is otherwise set to the easiest difficulty, primarily for grinding at Sardegna.

I used the beetle and used medium tires for five laps and a fresh set of mediums for the next five laps and one fairly easily. No rain

I've done both yesterday, I play on Médium difficulty, with DS4, Automatic transmission and TC2.
Spa: 2 tries. At first attempt I tried the Conservative route, FM 6 and RH with the BRZ. I was slow and when I pitted at lap 5 (If I recall correctly) for fuel and Wets, I came back one minute behind the leader, so I quit and retried. Second attempt, same car, same tyres but FM1. My lap times were far better. The radar showed heavy rain incoming at lap 3, so I pitted for fuel and full wets. After leaving the pit, the track was flooded, the AI cars were killing each other and there were yellow flags everywhere. FM6 and steady drive to 1st. For the last 3 laps the track was drying so I put FM1 and got a nice battle with the AMG driven by a Brazilian guy (Bonelli I think)
Willow Springs: win at first try. I did previously the time trial to get used to the car and track combo. I fought for a while to tame the car.

I grabbed the Toyota for Spa.
I didn’t even look at tyre choices beforehand and found that I started on softs.

I ran power on 4 I think.

Did 4 laps soft. Pitted for hards.
Ran it to the end for an easy dub

I found the Suzuki race on Willow Springs to be one of the most enjoyable races in GT7.

Rolling start with everyone bunches up with the same cars. A lot how the rest of the game should be (or with grid starts)

No idea what my difficulty settings were set to. Pretty sure it was set to hard as a while ago people said ‘hard’ made for easier easier races

Last edited:
Playing on hard difficulty, I won Spa driving Subaru BRZ. Racing Soft tires, full power and pit after 5th lap. Luckily rain was just few small drops so it was possible to drive full gas all laps. Finished race in 23:48 and fastest lap was just under 2:17

No additional prize (except personal pride) for completing a 25th Anniversary one-off race on a higher difficulty.

Well done, PD.

No additional prize (except personal pride) for completing a 25th Anniversary one-off race on a higher difficulty.

Well done, PD.
One of the things I loved that PD did this year was allow average racers like me to gain maximum credits for doing races and challenges and not be penalized for doing it on a lower level.

That said, anyone who does it on a harder level should get something MORE than someone who does it on an easier level.

MAYBE THAT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN LOOK AT IN THE FUTURE

They're one time prizes like the missions, win the race once and you've won all you can. But if you come say, 5th, you can still win the prizes for finishing in the higher places.
So, basically, the maximum amount of credits you can earn from the two races is (1,000,000 + CRB) X 2.
In case you lose the CRB in one of the two (or both) races but win both of them, that's it.

Did I get it? If yes, that's a bit pity but oh well :boggled:

So, basically, the maximum amount of credits you can earn from the two races is (1,000,000 + CRB) X 2.
In case you lose the CRB in one of the two (or both) races but win both of them, that's it.

Did I get it? If yes, that's a bit pity but oh well :boggled:
There's no CRB. The maximum to be earned per race is 1.8 million - that can be won all at once if you come first without previously finishing at least 10th.

There's no CRB. The maximum to be earned per race is 1.8 million - that can be won all at once if you come first without previously finishing at least 10th.
Oh thank you. That's slightly better, I guess. Considering the races will be available until the end of the year it's worth it to play for an hour or two and take the prizes - even if you won't be awarded again in case you tackle the races again. :dunce:

Can every one state their full race time for spa ? I am on hard difficulty, finished 5th, with a total time of 24:01. No rain. It does not feel easy, at least not for me
The rain makes it insanely easy because the AI sucks at pitting for rain tires at the proper time. They were spinning and sliding off for a whole lap.

I beat the Spa race with the GTR '18. Gr3. Started on soft tyres which ran out of grip so I pitted on lap 5 and changed to mediums. Went two seconds a lap faster than on the softs. Ran out an easy winner when the AI pitted late. Wasn't bothered by rain.

The other race. I hate the car and I'm not fond of the track either so I made one attempt and quit that on the first lap. Not going to do it again.

Just did both races.

The Escudo one was a piece of cake I thought....I even ran off the track in T1 on the 3rd lap and still came back and caught up no problem.

Gr3 @ Spa was a little more interesting. Used the Supra, started on RM, rain started and I pitted at the end of lap 3 for full wets and stayed on that until the end. It was pouring pretty good the whole race. The leaders pitted on the 8th lap to change from IM to W and I took the lead and that was it.

Back