270HP against 500HP - The championship of my life!

• Thread starter Chrasher
  • 38 comments
i redid this race series earlier today!! and won easy peasy (although, i will say that the nissan motul and the toyota woodone werent in my race hehe.... so i think i had it too easy)

i qualified pole for every race except no.5 (the oval one).... got 3rd fastest for that

my opponents were:
nissan loctite zexel gtr
nissan calsonic skyline
honda arta nsx
nissan pennzoil zexel gtr
toyota castrol tom's supra

(the toyota was the main threat)

my gsx is currently showing 261 bhp, have used for a few enduros now

used RS tyres except where noted, and no NOS anywhere

my race resume is:
1: won by 6.2 secs
2: won 17.6
3: won 17.4
4: won 13.0
5: used RH tyres, came 5th (will use RM tyres next time)
6: won 17.8
7: won 9.0 (i should have won by around 13 secs, but i kept hitting the rumble strips on the corners in the early laps)
8: won 7.8 (bah, caught the gravel trap on the 1st corner)
9: won 5.5 (i have to say i HATE fuji 2005.... them dotted white lines that go solid when u get near em really give me a headache!)
10: mmmmmmm sigh, i took a wrong turn at suzuka.... ended up staring at a trye wall (shouldnt have turned right there LOL.... but why aint it ****in coned off??).... came 4th

got 199 "a" spec pts per race that i won

and i will redo this series tomorrow.... wanna go up against the toyota woodone or nissan motul this time

Gord

Nice Phil 👍

If I qualified every race , the series would have been somewhat easier. But I like it to work my way up trough the field.
Qualified only three times in my championship, only when I thought the race would be very difficult.

thx for the writeup. I'm deffinatly getting that car to win that race series and get some east 200 aspec pts. :)

plus i want that motul 350z. its a gorgeous car..

the aspec system is not perfect... i won 200pts a race using that dodge truck in the truck racing i think in beginners or amatuer. same thing for some of the special condition races using an MRS with the sequential shifter.

what mods did you put on the car? i dont need suspension, break and gear settings, I just wanna know what parts. I hate exiting out because the car is too powerfull and i get low aspec pts.

Great suggestion. I found this thread yesterday and tried it. I have to say that I really enjoyed this. I used a max'd out GSX 275? bhp, no practise laps (except the Speedway) and got 6 x 1sts, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rds and 1 x5th.

2nd at Tokyo (hit by lead at the end of the s/f straight on the start of the last lap, great race though). 3rd at HK (bl**dy kerbs), 3rd at Montegi, 5th at Speedway (lead with 1.5 laps to go and the tyres went off, I had RS and should have picked RM).

Fav race: Suzuki East, built up a 6 second lead but won by 1.5 secs with Red tyres, that last lap was something else.

regards

Steven

I read and re-reread that excellent series write-up. Appreciate all the work.

I've had those sorts of battles with an underpowered, outclassed car, and only me and my cat are witnesses.

Excentlent write up. Have tried this car and love it. I'm using RH tires and as
they go into green,I'm getting a lot of oversteer. Any suggestions?

Well I think I solved the oversteer with a -1 on rear toe.
Oh and no other changes except to gearbox.

Back