Well with all its new back bone, grip is less on the concrete, i just enter a bit further along from height, 60-75mph depending on which car is possible.

Yeah I'm having a heck of a time getting some cars to stay put. One MR car would completely lose traction to the rear tires - even though I was prepared for it because it did the same thing on the previous lap - and send me off into the grass on the left. I never had that happen in hundreds of laps in dozens of cars in GT5.

Of course I've never driven a million dollar supercar around the Karussell in real life so I can't say if it's more realistic or not, but from the Youtube videos I've seen people seem to blast through there like it's nothing.

Yeah I'm having a heck of a time getting some cars to stay put. One MR car would completely lose traction to the rear tires - even though I was prepared for it because it did the same thing on the previous lap - and send me off into the grass on the left. I never had that happen in hundreds of laps in dozens of cars in GT5.

Of course I've never driven a million dollar supercar around the Karussell in real life so I can't say if it's more realistic or not, but from the Youtube videos I've seen people seem to blast through there like it's nothing.

Yeah another anomaly from PD.. that ***t can ruin your whole race.

If it's any help, the proper entry to the karasel is dropping into it pointed at an early apex. And you should use neutral throttle through it and launch out of it at the same angle you entered it. Getting a bit of air is very common in real life. This is the same regardless of wet or dry.

80km an hour is about right even in a race car.

That corner/turn is deceptively unstable.

It's all about how you enter and how smoothly you drive the car through here, you're at a 15º angle in there and you need to keep the car level and not come in too fast or you'll more than likely not be able to remain in the Karussel for too long. I usually just drive in following the drive line or following the line the AI ahead of me took. Try to maintain good speed that won't force you up and out, 45-55 is about the speed for most cars even race cars, this is all mechanical grip.

I could be completely mistaken but I believe it was just designed as a runoff gutter for rain and people started driving through it.
I looked it up on Wikipedia. It follows what you said, but doesn't explain the difference in banking.

Caracciola Karussell ("Carousel")
It is named for German pre-WWII racing driver Rudolf Caracciola, who reportedly made the corner his own by hooking the inside tires into a drainage ditch to help his car "hug" the curve. As more concrete was uncovered and more competitors copied him, the trend took hold. At a later reconstruction, the corner was remade with real concrete banking, as it remains to this day.

The old one I guess:
195820german20gp20-20phil20hill20fe.jpg

It feels different from GT5, but in my opinion not harder or easier. I do wish they modeled it a bit better, irl there's a pretty huge curb on the inside, in GT it's pretty much even with the road and grass...

The only time I visit the Ring is when I race the GT car 24H race. I do find the Karussell pitches the car more than in GT5. Doesnt bother me. I just like to race the GT3 cars on it.

Well with all its new back bone, grip is less on the concrete, i just enter a bit further along from height, 60-75mph depending on which car is possible.
You use SRF?

Around 50mph is on the edge of grip for me!

I couldn't feel the difference. Still reaching 100km/h right at the last few meters before the exit. About 70-80km/h during the trip around it. Just like in GT5.

I looked it up on Wikipedia. It follows what you said, but doesn't explain the difference in banking.

It is named for German pre-WWII racing driver Rudolf Caracciola, who reportedly made the corner his own by hooking the inside tires into a drainage ditch to help his car "hug" the curve. As more concrete was uncovered and more competitors copied him, the trend took hold. At a later reconstruction, the corner was remade with real concrete banking, as it remains to this day.

The old one I guess:

Woohoo! History lesson!

I think i can give an answer to this, the karussel in GT6 is infact less realistic than in GT5 for some reason, or it has something to do with the new physics engine. What i do know for a fact is that you can't do the karrusel with the same speeds in real life. for example; irl i hit the karussel at 90km/u or 50mph with a Suzuki swift, hell with almost any car actualy.. (except with the scirocoo in my profile picture, that's just a slow-i am affraid of corners-i like to understeer everytime bitch) in GT6 it's impossible to enter with that speed in the karrusel. not even on racing soft tyres.

Hooking into the drainage wasn't Takumis idea :lol:

The old one I guess:
Well i'll be damned! Since i first got to know the corner, i always thought it had it's name because of a real carousel:

tfm-exhibitpage-carousel.jpg

I agree with others who think it's actually easier. I find it easier to step on the gas around half way through the radius to get a good exit. It seems the rears don't snap out quite as easily as they used to. Even with MR cars, it seems like the front will lose grip first.

I actually spun out at least three times in GT6's Karussel, using MR cars. Not sure why; I know I'm not the best driver driver (to put is politely) but not so not-the-best as to spin in this corner...

Yes it is more slippery than in GT5. I aim at the marshall's stand on entry. More than a few corners have been changed from GT5 to GT6 ... hopefully the changes are more realistic, but hard to say since I have never driven the real track.

Back