2cv 60 hp french car

• Thread starter Sharpie
  • 5 comments
What exactly are you needing help with on the transmission? Are you having problems with bog or not enough speed?

Problems with bog and not enough speed.
Hmm may need to build a full short transmission.
Let me poke around my 2cv and see what I can do with it. The power band is semi large so it's just a matter of getting the gears set up to stay in the power band and still reach top speed.

Edit;
Yeah it's got so little power bog is sadly going to happen if you need to reach 160+ km/h in 4th and 5th gears. I tried but I couldn't make it short enough in 1-3 to stay in power and still be in power 4-5 for 165 km/h top speed.
Anyways.
Set final gear to 3.525
Set top speed to 150 km/h
Set all gears full right.
Set final to track.
Full left final will give top speed of 165+ km/h *I couldn't catch a long enough draft to find out rev limited top speed*
Note reduce Inital final to 3.485 to stay in power all gears but you sacrifice about 20 km/h off your top end.

Last edited:
Hmm may need to build a full short transmission.
Let me poke around my 2cv and see what I can do with it. The power band is semi large so it's just a matter of getting the gears set up to stay in the power band and still reach top speed.

Edit;
Yeah it's got so little power bog is sadly going to happen if you need to reach 160+ km/h in 4th and 5th gears. I tried but I couldn't make it short enough in 1-3 to stay in power and still be in power 4-5 for 165 km/h top speed.
Anyways.
Set final gear to 3.525
Set top speed to 150 km/h
Set all gears full right.
Set final to track.
Full left final will give top speed of 165+ km/h *I couldn't catch a long enough draft to find out rev limited top speed*
Note reduce Inital final to 3.485 to stay in power all gears but you sacrifice about 20 km/h off your top end.
Ok thanks will test.

Back