The Citroën 2CV Sahara Is the Quirky French Off-Roader That Took on Africa

"Citroën 2CV."

:dopey:

It was also staggeringly expensive too.
The Department of Redundancy Department approves!*

:)

*This is entirely intended to be playful, of course. I grinned when I read the slip in the article.

As for 4wd 2CVs:

I remember, I only saw one (white and red). Very cool car.

The ultimate Gran Turismo dream car traction concept... I hope a day, we could setup FWD/AWD to RWD in-game (follow my drift point of view :cool:).

A 2CV with 2x 13.5 hp. :odd:

:D

guy: hey, I bought an expensive super car.
friend: Really, which one did you get
guy: a €90,000 AWD 2CV
friend: :odd:

Out of the now 101 Wednesday Wants, this is probably in my top 5. It combines everything I love, it's quirky, slow, overly complex, and solves a relatively easy problem by completely overdoing it. Oh, and selective yellow lights are my jam.

The Department of Redundancy Department approves!*

You try writing about a car with two engines and try not to be redundant :lol:

You try writing about a car with two engines and try not to be redundant :lol:
Touché!

laughslap.gif

26 years and 4½ continents and I've yet to drive anything as fun to drive as a 2CV

Really hoping GT Sport brings out some 2CV goodness

Except this time . . . can we get the fuel filler cap back? I know these are great on fuel but still . . . we need to top up at some point
da0gqg8-b0a86699-fbee-4ebd-a4a7-d3edef228a55.png

26 years and 4½ continents and I've yet to drive anything as fun to drive as a 2CV

Really hoping GT Sport brings out some 2CV goodness

Except this time . . . can we get the fuel filler cap back? I know these are great on fuel but still . . . we need to top up at some point
da0gqg8-b0a86699-fbee-4ebd-a4a7-d3edef228a55.png
Wow, that's very odd. The 2cv did in fact have it's fuel filler in GT4 and GT5. I guess PD forgot to model it in when they redesigned the car to be semi premium in GT6. If the 2cv shows up in GT Sport, that would make a very cool comparison.
gt4_citroen_2cv_type_a__54__special_color___tuned__by_lubeify200_d5fze4d-pre.jpg

The 2cv would definitely would be a great addition. Maybe something similar to the Mini Cooper S coming to the game. Instead of the '54 Type A, they'll add a Sahara.

The 2cv would definitely would be a great addition. Maybe something similar to the Mini Cooper S coming to the game. Instead of the '54 Type A, they'll add a Sahara.

Actually although they listed the Type A what they gave us was the Type AZ

Citroën 2CV Type A , from July 1949 to July 1959, 375cc, & 8 bhp
Citroën 2CV Type AZ, from Oct 1954 to Oct 1955, 425cc & 10½ bhp

Also the Type A had an oval around the chevrons on the grill, the AZ had the oval removed
upload_2019-5-18_18-6-6.png

Back