2mins+ is huge difference....WHY?

• Thread starter LotusTeam
  • 90 comments
Yeah something is wrong if you're losing by 2 mins... Unless you're going in reverse for the whole event... is that the case?
The event is called "Scotland Open", race is at "Kinloch Scotland Reverse", so it was supposed to race in reverse direction.....

I agree that there is something fishy going on with the top time on that event. I guess that it is just a bug, but maybe they all found a way to literally jump the fence and take a shortcut (the track layout could allow for that). I put in a few laps in the time trial with the Audi this morning and created a challenge for some of the best DriveClub drivers. It is the top time for now, but there are still a few seconds in it. So lets see what the the top times really are.

I agree that there is something fishy going on with the top time on that event. I guess that it is just a bug, but maybe they all found a way to literally jump the fence and take a shortcut (the track layout could allow for that). I put in a few laps in the time trial with the Audi this morning and created a challenge for some of the best DriveClub drivers. It is the top time for now, but there are still a few seconds in it. So lets see what the the top times really are.

Finally someone understand what's happenig with the top times! 2:10 for 3 laps? 43 secs per lap in an 11 cars event??? no way anyone could have done this unless save data mod, DC should take this very seriously or check their server if there is any stupid bug in their game!

By the way denur, good lap! You just gave me insights in how to cut corners (legally)! I think my best would be around 1:33~1:34, would give it a try again later... Thanks for sharing dude!

Last edited:
No prob. Also, the leader boards have been buggy from the start, like confusing drift scores with time scores. Most of the leader boards were fixed in the December update(?), but some remain. This is most likely one of them.

No prob. Also, the leader boards have been buggy from the start, like confusing drift scores with time scores. Most of the leader boards were fixed in the December update(?), but some remain. This is most likely one of them.

Thanks mate! The leader board is really confusing.....

I suggest you start trying doing just time trials on the track (instead of a 3-lap race) then you will see the ghost of somebody just a bit faster than you every lap and you can see exactly where you are gaining/losing time, not sure if you see ghosts for 3-lap races, I 99% do only time trials personally
I'd go with this method, as befriending Evolution Studios or Phenom_Evolution will only be good if you can stay within three or so seconds of them (the ghost tends to fade any further ahead than that.) TT hot laps will indeed give you a succession of attainable targets to reach and beat.

...And it is weird when I have just 6 secs improvement (5:09 --> 5:03) my ranking jumped from 40,000 to now 4,256th.....what's happeing with this game???
That would be due to a large influx of new players now doing the event - it's like GT's leaderboards on the seasonal events. You might be high up in the first hour after they go live, but an hour later, everyone and their grandmother has put a time in as well, and some of those will be faster than yours.

In general though, with the track penalty changes made two months ago, a lot of people have learned how to exploit certain corners. Just looking at the times tells me that an exploit of that nature is likely responsible - see how the top ten or so times are quite a bit apart, and not fractions of a second, as would normally be the case.

Evolution are probably aware of this, as this sort of thing gets tweeted at them, posted on FB and all that - so in the meantime, practise, have fun and try different races - remember, losing doesn't affect your stats.

It's usually very obvious if a leaderboard time is false. The RS5 one clearly is that.

You will need to get out of the sim racing mindset if you want to be fast on this game... it's an arcade racer. And having a wheel isn't going to make you any faster, in fact it might make you slower. I set a car WR time yesterday, using the DS4 in automatic... and it wasn't exactly an easy time to beat.

I'd go with this method, as befriending Evolution Studios or Phenom_Evolution will only be good if you can stay within three or so seconds of them (the ghost tends to fade any further ahead than that.) TT hot laps will indeed give you a succession of attainable targets to reach and beat.

That would be due to a large influx of new players now doing the event - it's like GT's leaderboards on the seasonal events. You might be high up in the first hour after they go live, but an hour later, everyone and their grandmother has put a time in as well, and some of those will be faster than yours.

In general though, with the track penalty changes made two months ago, a lot of people have learned how to exploit certain corners. Just looking at the times tells me that an exploit of that nature is likely responsible - see how the top ten or so times are quite a bit apart, and not fractions of a second, as would normally be the case.

Evolution are probably aware of this, as this sort of thing gets tweeted at them, posted on FB and all that - so in the meantime, practise, have fun and try different races - remember, losing doesn't affect your stats.

Yup....I'm by no means a fast driver so I feel weird because usually I got world rank 500th~1,000th in GT seasonal, every secs I earned would only push me up by several 10ths, that's because not everyone would take part in the GT seasonal event, they would still play online race, but for DC, everyone has a game is automatically forced to keep records on the leaderboard so the number of participants is enormous!

Glad to know the leaderboard problem is noticed by Evolution already, they should fix them right away, to avoid some persons like me keep questioning and feel lost when just bring the game back home!

It's usually very obvious if a leaderboard time is false. The RS5 one clearly is that.

You will need to get out of the sim racing mindset if you want to be fast on this game... it's an arcade racer. And having a wheel isn't going to make you any faster, in fact it might make you slower. I set a car WR time yesterday, using the DS4 in automatic... and it wasn't exactly an easy time to beat.

Really? I'm planning to buy a t500RS or T300RS shortly, ProjectCars is coming!

Yeah all arcade games are faster with a pad while sims are the opposite as they are dialled in to use the wheel apart from Forza games which are more dialled in for the pad.

Yeah all arcade games are faster with a pad while sims are the opposite as they are dialled in to use the wheel apart from Forza games which are more dialled in for the pad.

Thanks for the advice dude! I think I'll keep my DS4 for DC and buy a new wheel for Projectcars only at the moment! LOL

And also that's why I would not call Forza a sim, it's way far from it and just like this one on PS4, I would call it a Forza racer game on PS4 is available now!

Paul Rustchynsky from Evolution Studios confirmed that wheels are slower.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/558671020413157376

I enjoy my T300 a lot though.

It depends on the car, Ariel Atom is perfect match for the wheel as I don't have any problems with getting first place in leaderboards, I was recently active on some Canada tracks, e.g. Lytton if anyone want a challenge (time trial mode).

Denur I see you sit on WR rank no.1 now! 1:32 huh? That's really a tough time to beat, I m now sitting on 13th start touching 1:34, it's fun chasing up by half secs and half secs up! I rarely play Arcade racing game, but DC has awesome graphics! Overall I would say is a good game!

Denur I see you sit on WR rank no.1 now! 1:32 huh? That's really a tough time to beat, I m now sitting on 13th start touching 1:34, it's fun chasing up by half secs and half secs up! I rarely play Arcade racing game, but DC has awesome graphics! Overall I would say is a good game!
Most fun racing game I've played in a long time.

Thanks for the advice dude! I think I'll keep my DS4 for DC and buy a new wheel for Projectcars only at the moment! LOL
Yeah im buying the T300, Got the money ready to order but i dont want to use it for DC want to keep it all shiny and new for PCars :)

Really? I'm planning to buy a t500RS or T300RS shortly, ProjectCars is coming!

Get the T300... you won't regret it (if you are planning to get better pedals). Mine turned up today with ClubSport V2s, just waiting on the adapter.

I'll be giving the T300 a shakedown on DC tomorrow, but I highly doubt I'll be using it much on there... as it's simply not geared towards wheels. Best to play on what the game was built for... and that's the DS4.

Get the T300... you won't regret it (if you are planning to get better pedals). Mine turned up today with ClubSport V2s, just waiting on the adapter.

I'll be giving the T300 a shakedown on DC tomorrow, but I highly doubt I'll be using it much on there... as it's simply not geared towards wheels. Best to play on what the game was built for... and that's the DS4.

Been using G27 for GT long time ago, too bad it's not gonna be compatible with any next gen console game, so buying a new wheel is a must, but it's not hurry for me. And indeed I am planning to get T300 for the steering wheel but the pedal is like a toy and does not have a clutch, so the best work around for me is to buy T300+T500 together with the new shifter as well, I would not consider to do this if there is an overseas office of Fanatec, but it seems Thrustmaster is the only racing accessories official trader in Hong Kong.....

The CSWB V2 was maybe going to get a wheel rim that would make it compatible for PS4. However, we've heard nothing as of yet whether this is happening or not... and it's way out of the price range for most people. I can barely afford what I have bought... a CSW rim and pedals wouldve been double the price!

Been using G27 for GT long time ago, too bad it's not gonna be compatible with any next gen console game, so buying a new wheel is a must, but it's not hurry for me. And indeed I am planning to get T300 for the steering wheel but the pedal is like a toy and does not have a clutch, so the best work around for me is to buy T300+T500 together with the new shifter as well, I would not consider to do this if there is an overseas office of Fanatec, but it seems Thrustmaster is the only racing accessories official trader in Hong Kong.....

If you were thinking of buying both, for the T500 pedals, I would either try and find someone who is selling the pedals separately (a near impossibility) or just use the T500. It's probably not worth the cost to buy both.

DS4 is easier on this game, you can still get good times on a wheel tho, its just a bit more work.
I have many WR on the wheel and Kie who is probably the fastest on the game uses a wheel.

reverse Kinloch and Audi RS5, i may try to tomorrow ;)

I just start to touch my 33s, long way to chase the top guy!

And....I just found out in fact there are so many error in the leaderboard, did Evolution really fix them?????

Simple, Obvious, Absolutely WRONG with the total time in 1st event when you bought the game at home, Tamil Nadu Invitation cup.....2:05.561 for 2 laps????? What the....???? Impossible to do this with that compulsory Mercedes A45 AMG....

Any who from Evolution is reading my thread here, start getting it fixed immediately...thanks!

One time I set up a challenge and someone managed to submit a time of 50 seconds when the average was around 2 minutes. There could be foul play involved.

Back