• 14 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
2WD Racing Car Drift Trial: High Speed Ring

DT#64 - 2WD Racing Car Drift Trial @ High Speed Ring.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#64] - 2WD Racing Car Drift Trial @ High Speed Ring.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This one's tricky. Using the Blitz R34. I've only managed a low silver so far. How do you drift on the banked corners properly?!

This one's tricky. Using the Blitz R34. I've only managed a low silver so far. How do you drift on the banked corners properly?!

I found that entering with more speed than I originally thought was needed, helped keep me on the line. Those banked corners are very tricky, if you come off the line at all your done!! The last corner I think I was entering at between 105 and 115 to get the car to go around how I needed it to.

First corner: high speed, tap e-brake, stab the gas, let off, feather - 1200 - 1500 points
Second corner: low speed, use just the throttle, stay close to the rumble strips - 3200 - 4000 points
Last corner: same as first corer, but with more praying - 1000 - 2000 points

I used the Mercedes VGT

Stock BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car
Changed to SH by tire limitation which is closest to RH. (I don't think i could drift right here with RH anyway)

Stick to BMW theme so i pick a BMW race car too.
Much difficult to drift using a pad on roads with camber.

Only took a couple of attempts with the Stingray Concept, took it out stock as always. For anyone struggling, give it a shot; I suck at drifting and scored a fairly easy 8,000 points or so. Drifting on the banking - especially the first turn - will need you to carry a lot of speed.
For the right-left in the middle, don't get too close to the apex kerbs.

Only took a couple of attempts with the Stingray Concept, took it out stock as always. For anyone struggling, give it a shot; I suck at drifting and scored a fairly easy 8,000 points or so. Drifting on the banking - especially the first turn - will need you to carry a lot of speed.
The old '59 Stingray Racer Concept or the '13 Stingray Gran Turismo Concept?

Great car for a beginner like me :)

Never drifted before - on purpose that is, but with this car, Stock on CH i got my first Gold after 2 hours of learning. Also got Gold in the Tsukuba event just now with it.

Thanks @spikyone for the suggestion :cheers:

Back