3.01 is smashing, but will we ever get an offline championship mode?

Would you like to see something like this implememnted?

• Total voters
Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Hey all! I just updated to 1.03 on my PS4 and the new update is great. So many things have been fixed and the game runs way better! With this new update I've been noticing that I have played the game way more than GT Sport in the last few days! 1.03 rekindled my interest in Project CARS 2 and it's never been better.

I went to the patch notes to see what all had changed, and I came across the mention of a new feature called the online championship mode. I thought this was a nifty idea, so I headed over to the game to check it out. While browsing the options for custom championships I was really impressed by the features available to the player. You could create rounds with any track in the game, you could have any amount of players up to 16 participate, you could select each individual driver's car and team too. This stuff was great! I spent almost an hour recreating my ideal GTE/LMP1 championship. I had Audi, Toyota and Caterham (RWD motorsports in BRG) LMP teams, with AF Corse, Chip Ganassi Racing, Aston Martin Racing, Corvette Racing and a BMW works team all set up. It was great that you could even name the teams and set as many people as you wanted on each team. So I came up with all of these awesome combinations, but then I remembered I have no friends and I couldn't make the series a reality...

...That's where my idea comes in! Since some of us are uncompetitive online or don't have any friends, we can solo the experience without worrying about lag or dirty drivers. Retool the system for online championships into an offline championship mode. Replace the friends list for assigning cars with an AI who you can set the car and team of. AI difficulty settings could just be the same as quick races. Also, the ability to set teams and liveries would be a necessity too.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Why don't you just play the campaign mode?" Well, the campaign mode is fine for people who want to rise through the ranks of motorsports and all that jazz, but it doesn't feature the same customizability with track selection and opponent car selection. So this mode would be a great addition to the "sandbox" nature of this game.

What do you think about it? Would you also like a mode like this later on in the game's life? Is it feasible?

Last edited:
It's what I'm hoping for, but doesn't appear to be on the cards for PC2. Anyway, to many of us offline players, it'd be a godsend.

Maybe for pCARS3 guys. We can't do absolutely everything in one game. And to be VERY fair, we have more features in this one than anything out there.

Will the fill with ai feature be implemented in the online version of championships? This would be a workaround, then again I understand if not probable or possible...

I'd love to see one implemented. Although I'd assume almost anything is on the table for PC3 still.

I believe talking about pC3 in the present is not really interesting that's years away :P

That beeing said I'm not mad if it's not implemented in any way in pC2 as the game does have a lot of content.

I believe talking about pC3 in the present is not really interesting that's years away :P

That beeing said I'm not mad if it's not implemented in any way in pC2 as the game does have a lot of content.
For sure. I know I won't be finishing the game before PC3.

I don't play offline enough for it to be a wanted feature for me.

We had the first race in our championship last night, very competitive knowing points are on the line.
Pit strategies were taking shape, penalty system provided some of the cleanest racing I've ever been involved in.
The online championship setup screen is well thought out and very easy to use.
Good stuff here guys, forget offline... Get on with us!!

I don't play offline enough for it to be a wanted feature for me.

We had the first race in our championship last night, very competitive knowing points are on the line.
Pit strategies were taking shape, penalty system provided some of the cleanest racing I've ever been involved in.
The online championship setup screen is well thought out and very easy to use.
Good stuff here guys, forget offline... Get on with us!!

All they need to do is have the 'fill with ai' option. And I'm always baffled by the I don't use it so forget it and work on what I use mentality :embarrassed:

I'm always baffled by the I don't use it so forget it and work on what I use mentality :embarrassed:

I'm not.
You're not going to spend a lot of time on something you're not interested in.
The OP has a poll, my vote is it's not interesting to me.
I like racing real people.

We probably hear this every time a game gets released without such a clear and obvious feature for a game of its type.

Such as every single time a Gran Turismo game got released. Okay, maybe not the first one as people were too busy saying "wow" to notice. Every one since: "Can we set up a championship the way we want yet?" "No." "Okay, can we at least set up a single race the way we want yet?" "No."

Maybe next time. :)

Maybe for pCARS3 guys. We can't do absolutely everything in one game. And to be VERY fair, we have more features in this one than anything out there.

This is fine but this was also heard from pcars 1 to pcars 2. It’s a simple case of longevity and expectation. The expectation with the existing championships wa set quite high by yourself prior to release and, for me personally, they haven’t delivered.

The game is still great to play but my concern is where to go once career has been exhausted which unfortunately won’t take very long.

I think expectations have been managed poorly here.

Pcars 1 it was not going to be available but I recall due to demand it being given a “nudge” so it would be implemented, turned out it was then too complicated so it was shelved but with the assurance it could be included in Pcars 2.

We are then told it won’t be put in as that would be to the detriment of the career mode...which would be ok to a point if we were not then given what was essentially the same career mode from Pcars 1 with a little bit of glitter on top.

It’s only my opinion but I think it’s an example of the players not being listened to on something nearly everybody wants and that makes me feel like my £40 is taken for granted.

If that’s where the developers want to take the game then it’s completely their progative, it’s their game but sadly it’s no longer the game for me or one I’ll be taking an interest in so I’m done with it.

I'm not so worried about the longevity of single custom races, but I agree that the career mode, while a significant improvement over PCARS1, is nowhere near an equal stand-in for a custom championship feature. :indiff:

Literally just give me the "Fill with AI" option for online championships, a private lobby and I'll be happy.

I also don't buy the reasons as to why it can't be featured in this current installment, all the functionality to make this happen in the game is already there. Team creation, AI in a championship in campaign mode being assigned a specific and recurring car, round/event creation and so on.

Literally just give me the "Fill with AI" option for online championships, a private lobby and I'll be happy.
Yeah, but not everyone already pays for PS+ or XBL Gold. It was so ridiculous how Forza hid some very basic race options behind that paywall, even choosing the number of laps! I don't know if FM6 or FM7 is different.

Not the answer we want to hear but very understandable, thanks for being honest and giving us the feedback. And you are absolutely right that PC2 does improve a ton over PC1 and is truly a worthy successor. Unlike that other racing game that released this year and is basically just a copy/paste of its previous iteration wrapped in a different skin. ;)

Just keep in mind Ian it's a feature we singleplayer minded racers would absolutely love and for me personally it would be my number 1 feature request for PC3. And singleplayer gamers... ooh they sure do still exist. ;)

Yeah, but not everyone already pays for... XBL Gold.
Exactly this. Sometimes I do the month thing and I have done the yearly package in the past. I'm missing out on some new stuff in GTAV right now.
This is where the Motorsport Presets help. It would be perfect if I could select only the FWD TCRs on the grid, assign AI teams and enable Championship points.

Not the answer we want to hear but very understandable, thanks for being honest and giving us the feedback. And you are absolutely right that PC2 does improve a ton over PC1 and is truly a worthy successor. Unlike that other racing game that released this year and is basically just a copy/paste of its previous iteration wrapped in a different skin. ;)

Just keep in mind Ian it's a feature we singleplayer minded racers would absolutely love and for me personally it would be my number 1 feature request for PC3. And singleplayer gamers... ooh they sure do still exist. ;)

Was a highly requested feature for PC2 that we were told we would get and it never materialised. For me it’s a make or break. I’ll enkoy pcars2 now I have it but customer championships will be a deal breaker for the next one.

Was a highly requested feature for PC2 that we were told we would get and it never materialised. For me it’s a make or break. I’ll enkoy pcars2 now I have it but customer championships will be a deal breaker for the next one.

It was never promised. Online championships were promised. Offline not.

If offline championships are implemented, I'd like to see some changes to the creation of a race compared to what we have now.

Multiple races per weekend
I'd love to see multiple races in a race weekend. Looking at the online championships, this is workable as it generates a grid order from the results of a previous race yet I'd like to see more. For example, grid reversals seen in championships like the BTCC, WTCC and other series. Reversing the top x from a race result, a qualifying result, fastest laps and random reversals would be a great start.

Handpicking of cars
I'd expect this should be the case but I think it would be useful. Say I want to create a WEC-esque racing series yet want to prioritise real cars/liveries like the 98 Aston Martin and prevent the Mareks for an example. Or a TCR championship omitting the BMW.

Custom Point Scoring
A slight downside to the Online Championship is that we can't change the scoring or add automatic points for pole/fastest lap for example or even leading the most/a lap. It would be more authentic to be able to change the points system towards one a series uses in real life. Linking with the multiple races, it would be good if it was possible to also choose a different point scoring system for a single race.

If offline championships are implemented, I'd like to see some changes to the creation of a race compared to what we have now.

Multiple races per weekend
I'd love to see multiple races in a race weekend. Looking at the online championships, this is workable as it generates a grid order from the results of a previous race yet I'd like to see more. For example, grid reversals seen in championships like the BTCC, WTCC and other series. Reversing the top x from a race result, a qualifying result, fastest laps and random reversals would be a great start.

Handpicking of cars
I'd expect this should be the case but I think it would be useful. Say I want to create a WEC-esque racing series yet want to prioritise real cars/liveries like the 98 Aston Martin and prevent the Mareks for an example. Or a TCR championship omitting the BMW.

Custom Point Scoring
A slight downside to the Online Championship is that we can't change the scoring or add automatic points for pole/fastest lap for example or even leading the most/a lap. It would be more authentic to be able to change the points system towards one a series uses in real life. Linking with the multiple races, it would be good if it was possible to also choose a different point scoring system for a single race.

All great and everything...but it’s already been confirmed in this thread that custom single player championship WONT be coming to project cars 2

Back