3.01 is smashing, but will we ever get an offline championship mode?

Would you like to see something like this implememnted?

• Total voters
All we need is AI autofill in online champs; then we can race by ourselves, or even with a friend on the same team. That sounds amazing and hopefully doable.

I agree it would be a nice thing to add to PC2 for the time being, then the full deal for PC3. :)

We should also be able to change the dates for Practice and Qualy. It's bit weird doing a Bathurst 12H and having Practice at 8am, Qualy at 11am and starting the race at 5am, on the "same" day.

I just don't want to have to wait for PC3, SMS will touch my Z4! :boggled: I know some folks don't have PSN but the fill with AI option is all I ask for.

Last edited:
I just don't want to have to wait for PC3, SMS will touch my Z4! :boggled: I know some folks don't have PSN but the fill with AI option is all I ask for.

We were going to click the 'fill with AI' button internally but decided against it.

Joking aside. It's a massive amount of work with potential ramifications way beyond what you could imagine. It will be a next iteration consideration.

I don't have that problem. SMS will probably add an awesomer Bentley. ;)

images.jpg

That would be a fun Bentley..........

550998_10151726719680515_142550850514_24432330_1319479144_n.jpg

And that would be just sad! :(

;)

For some reason i was positive it was an announced and coming feature... Guess I must have misunderstood something here or there?

In any case i play basically only in online leagues, but still it would have been a great feature

We were going to click the 'fill with AI' button internally but decided against it.

Joking aside. It's a massive amount of work with potential ramifications way beyond what you could imagine. It will be a next iteration consideration.

Let’s hope this comes to fruition this time.

Was a highly requested feature for PC2 that we were told we would get and it never materialised. For me it’s a make or break. I’ll enkoy pcars2 now I have it but customer championships will be a deal breaker for the next one.

The amount of things wrong with this one is the deal breaker for the next one for me lol. Honestly, it's partly my fault for believing the hype, but PC2 was just as broken at launch as PC1 was. I have literally seen day 1 PC1 bugs in PC2. Bugs that were fixed in early PC1 patches, somehow resurrected in PC2... I was stupid to pre-order this game, considering by the time enough bugs are fixed for me to enjoy the game, it'll be selling in bargain bins for $10. So despite me enjoying PC1 once it had been patched enough to work respectably, and the fact that I'll no doubt enjoy this one when it's had the worst bugs patched out, these two games being so buggy at launch has led to me wasting a significant amount of money on buying them way before they were in a playable state for me. So if and when PC3 comes out, I won't be buying it new. I'll pick it up secondhand for $10 when the bugs have been fixed (because it too will be full of bugs at release, just like SMS' last 4 or 5 games).

The amount of things wrong with this one is the deal breaker for the next one for me lol. Honestly, it's partly my fault for believing the hype, but PC2 was just as broken at launch as PC1 was. I have literally seen day 1 PC1 bugs in PC2. Bugs that were fixed in early PC1 patches, somehow resurrected in PC2... I was stupid to pre-order this game, considering by the time enough bugs are fixed for me to enjoy the game, it'll be selling in bargain bins for $10. So despite me enjoying PC1 once it had been patched enough to work respectably, and the fact that I'll no doubt enjoy this one when it's had the worst bugs patched out, these two games being so buggy at launch has led to me wasting a significant amount of money on buying them way before they were in a playable state for me. So if and when PC3 comes out, I won't be buying it new. I'll pick it up secondhand for $10 when the bugs have been fixed (because it too will be full of bugs at release, just like SMS' last 4 or 5 games).
I was going to ask you if it was worth buying or not after reading your posts here - looks like I have my answer - thanks.

I was going to ask you if it was worth buying or not after reading your posts here - looks like I have my answer - thanks.

Yeah, I can only speak about the PS4 version of course, but I'd say no. If anyone's on the fence I'd say wait another few months at least. It's still got a ridiculous amount of small bugs, many of which simply ruin the fun of the game for me. PC1 was worth buying after 6 months or so of fixes, so if I didn't have it, I'd probably wait a bit longer to buy it.

I will say though, it's definitely got the potential to be an excellent racing sim, but right now it's simply too frustrating dealing with it's various issues. Though AC is a very empty sim on console, it's still got the basics absolutely nailed. PC2 is the opposite: It tries to do so many things, and has so much stuff crammed into it, but it fails to nail the basics like AC. (basics such as ffb and the driving physics).

Yeah, I can only speak about the PS4 version of course, but I'd say no. If anyone's on the fence I'd say wait another few months at least. It's still got a ridiculous amount of small bugs, many of which simply ruin the fun of the game for me. PC1 was worth buying after 6 months or so of fixes, so if I didn't have it, I'd probably wait a bit longer to buy it.

I will say though, it's definitely got the potential to be an excellent racing sim, but right now it's simply too frustrating dealing with it's various issues. Though AC is a very empty sim on console, it's still got the basics absolutely nailed. PC2 is the opposite: It tries to do so many things, and has so much stuff crammed into it, but it fails to nail the basics like AC. (basics such as ffb and the driving physics).
I disagree, physics are almost there and ffb is as good as ac on my t300 after i dialed it on...

What is a shame is the online disconnections issue.

Beside that it's a vastly superior experience

I disagree, physics are almost there and ffb is as good as ac on my t300 after i dialed it on...

I've nevr had an online disconnect so far but I'll watch for that.

On my wheel it's night and day between the two games. FFB is maybe a tiny bit better than PC1 IMO, and I have tested them both back to back, as I have with PC2 and AC.

I thoroughly disagree that it's superior, let alone vastly superior. PC2 is so inconsistent that one car feels sublime and realistic, and then the next feels odd and very unrealistic. One track looks and feels amazing, then the next looks and feels like it was ripped from a PS2 game. One car has decent FFB that gives you plenty of information and is well weighted, and the next has FFB that feels numb and dead.

I like the game, but I think it's just silly to pretend it doesn't have heaps of bugs and problems with inconsistency. AC isn't without it's own problems either, but they're nothing compared to the issues PC2 has.

On my wheel it's night and day between the two games. FFB is maybe a tiny bit better than PC1 IMO, and I have tested them both back to back, as I have with PC2 and AC.

I thoroughly disagree that it's superior, let alone vastly superior. PC2 is so inconsistent that one car feels sublime and realistic, and then the next feels odd and very unrealistic. One track looks and feels amazing, then the next looks and feels like it was ripped from a PS2 game. One car has decent FFB that gives you plenty of information and is well weighted, and the next has FFB that feels numb and dead.

I like the game, but I think it's just silly to pretend it doesn't have heaps of bugs and problems with inconsistency. AC isn't without it's own problems either, but they're nothing compared to the issues PC2 has.
Never said pc2 has no issues, just that on my wheel and settings is vastly better as an experience. After using livetrack 3.0 ac settings for time of the day and no weather feel so empty.

As a.side.note i did spend lots of time with ac and been hosting race series here on gtp for it so i know what i talk about.

Last word about ffb, i had way worse feedback on ac after tuning it for countless hours than on pc2.

Yet as i said pcars2 disconnection issue is a real problem.

Never said pc2 has no issues, just that on my wheel and settings is vastly better as an experience. After using livetrack 3.0 ac settings for time of the day and no weather feel so empty.

As a.side.note i did spend lots of time with ac and been hosting race series here on gtp for it so i know what i talk about.

Last word about ffb, i had way worse feedback on ac after tuning it for countless hours than on pc2.

Yet as i said pcars2 disconnection issue is a real problem.

AC didn't require more than 10 minutes for me to find settings that work with every car for me, whereas PC2 has taken me more than an hour of messing with the FFB, because I can get it feeling good on one car, and that makes it feel like crap on a bunch of other cars, so I have to tweak it for almost every car I drive.

I agree that livetrack is nice, and I know AC doesn't have that, which is why I've said multiple times that PC2 has an excellent game in there somewhere, but it's currently limited by the huge amount of bugs still messing things up. The career is simply unplayable for me, as I have encountered at least one annoying bug in every single race I've done in career so far. It's nice having a game that does so much, but when said game is packed full of bugs, it makes it pretty hard to enjoy all of those things. The nice thing about AC is that I can jump right in and drive any car in the game, and it feels amazing every time. In PC2 I find myself getting frustrated at constantly running into bugs and having to keep altering things like FFB for every single car. I don't get frustrated when I play AC.

Edit: It's also not nice running into day 1 PC1 bugs that were fixed in PC1, but have somehow been resurrected for PC2... Not to mention the AI in PC2 being just as stupid as they were in PC1, and still running on completely different physics to the player, giving them hugely unrealistic tyre grip and braking power compared to the player. AC's AI might not be great, but at least they're consistent, and at least they've got the same braking and tyre performance as the player, which makes for more realistic races against them.

AC didn't require more than 10 minutes for me to find settings that work with every car for me, whereas PC2 has taken me more than an hour of messing with the FFB, because I can get it feeling good on one car, and that makes it feel like crap on a bunch of other cars, so I have to tweak it for almost every car I drive.

I agree that livetrack is nice, and I know AC doesn't have that, which is why I've said multiple times that PC2 has an excellent game in there somewhere, but it's currently limited by the huge amount of bugs still messing things up. The career is simply unplayable for me, as I have encountered at least one annoying bug in every single race I've done in career so far. It's nice having a game that does so much, but when said game is packed full of bugs, it makes it pretty hard to enjoy all of those things. The nice thing about AC is that I can jump right in and drive any car in the game, and it feels amazing every time. In PC2 I find myself getting frustrated at constantly running into bugs and having to keep altering things like FFB for every single car. I don't get frustrated when I play AC.

Edit: It's also not nice running into day 1 PC1 bugs that were fixed in PC1, but have somehow been resurrected for PC2... Not to mention the AI in PC2 being just as stupid as they were in PC1, and still running on completely different physics to the player, giving them hugely unrealistic tyre grip and braking power compared to the player. AC's AI might not be great, but at least they're consistent, and at least they've got the same braking and tyre performance as the player, which makes for more realistic races against them.
Beside having zero issues with ffb from a car to another (your issues,make me think it's your base setting that is messed up), I can't comment about career mode since I do not care for it and only race in online leagues.

About ai, I honestly only use it for some test races and in gt3/4 tcr, and I find very very good, so I'm unsure about your problem

Beside having zero issues with ffb from a car to another (your issues,make me think it's your base setting that is messed up), I can't comment about career mode since I do not care for it and only race in online leagues.

About ai, I honestly only use it for some test races and in gt3/4 tcr, and I find very very good, so I'm unsure about your problem

I'm far from the only person saying PC2 is inconsistent as hell. It's not just the FFB either, it's also the physics of one car to the next, and the quality of assets in the game too. Not that any of this is new, these were all issues with PC1, as well as the Shift games and TD:FRL, which all used the same engine SMS have built on for PC2.

I'm far from the only person saying PC2 is inconsistent as hell. It's not just the FFB either, it's also the physics of one car to the next, and the quality of assets in the game too. Not that any of this is new, these were all issues with PC1, as well as the Shift games and TD:FRL, which all used the same engine SMS have built on for PC2.
You sure aren't the only one but you are definitely the most consistent:banghead:

Playing with a controller, and by sticking to the cars that are properly sorted out, I find little reason to complain. Nothing but PCARS2 is really doing anything that hasn't been done before, aside from GT Sport liberating quality online matchmaking from iRacing's extortionist grip.

If all I want is gratifying handling and no significant hangups, I can play EPR or LFS. But I'm happy other people found their own physics and FFB benchmark/oasis in AC, like I've had with those other two titles.

Playing with a controller, and by sticking to the cars that are properly sorted out, I find little reason to complain. Nothing but PCARS2 is really doing anything that hasn't been done before, aside from GT Sport liberating quality online matchmaking from iRacing's extortionist grip.

If all I want is gratifying handling and no significant hangups, I can play EPR or LFS. But I'm happy other people found their own physics and FFB benchmark/oasis in AC, like I've had with those other two titles.
Do we have a list of the properly sorted out cars?

Im finding the Radical 8 near impossible to drive in the first race in the career im wondering if its a car thats not been sorted yet.

Do we have a list of the properly sorted out cars?

Im finding the Radical 8 near impossible to drive in the first race in the career im wondering if its a car thats not been sorted yet.
I don't have a comprehensive list, and since version 3.0 there are still a handful of cars I found troublesome before that I should try again.

Back